Belle Chasse, LA

Posted December 12, 2014
I am a former student of Belle Chasse High School. I am proud to call myself a former student. Those who did not like the school were usually in trouble or parents who give their children a sense of entitlement. I loved the sports, extra-curricular activities, honors and faculty. It is a great school and those speaking negatively about the school obviously have not been to the schools in Baton Rouge. Consider yourselves lucky that your children can attend a public school and still be safe, educated and have fun. I graduated top of my class and have an excellent job, one which most desire. Belle Chasse was the beginning of that and I will always be proud of my high school. Go Cardinals!!!!!!

Posted December 25, 2011
I have one child that graduated two years ago and one that is currently a junior at the school. My oldest is attending OLHHC with a 3.0 GPA. She was well prepared although she struggled at the school it was her disabilities not the school's. Sports are important activities at the school but my daughter played basketball and softball both coaches checked grades on a frequently. My second child is in all honors classes focussing on the medical field. This year already has earned three college credits by being duel enrolled. On her current schedule she will be a freshman second semester the day she graduates high school. All of her classes require many hours of after hours of study. What more does a school have to do? I did not like the film company at the school not a good move on the school board part while children are present.

Posted December 22, 2011
I am the parent of 2 in BCHS. The writing ability of former student 5/3/07 pretty much says it all. Sports are the priority. Spelling, etc., are clearly not. The education to be had here is mediocre at best. They also "make up" useless courses which they say are mandatory (but do not exist the next year!) such as "Math test prep" and "Algebra applications" (for honor students who obviously, by their grades, already grasped these things!) They waste the students' time with this silliness. Additionally, it is very expensive! The school makes money hand over fist by hiring it out for movie productions (while classes are being held, no less!) yet they ask for large sums from students /parents for every little thing and get huge kickbacks on uniforms, graduations, candy sales and the like. I do not know what they do with all the extra money. There are some good teachers who care about the students performance and want to help but there are an equal number that are there for their own glory.

Posted February 04, 2011
I am a former student of Belle Chasse, I escaped in 2001 and I am for the most part self educated. I would like to thank the school though, because I have learned many things that schools haven't taught students in a few generations due to my need to self educate.

Posted July 27, 2009

Posted August 03, 2008

Posted January 14, 2008

Posted November 28, 2007
Four of my children attended BCHS. I feel that this school has so much to offer on all levels of learning.Having four kids their needs were different and BCHS makes every attempt to meet their needs.BCHS Staff and Teachers keep up the good work. Great Job!

Posted June 19, 2007

Belle Chasse High School 3

Posted May 03, 2007
- a former student
I went to belle chasse but the years that i went we did not have security or camaras around the school. The football program is the best and coach bob becknel was 1 of the best coaches I ever had he was the only one that cared about me education before I even thought about dressing for practice so be care what you parents are getting your kids into and shop around for schools before you put your kids in belle chasse high

Belle Chasse High School
8346 Louisiana 23, Belle Chasse, LA  70037
Last modified Belle Chasse High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belle Chasse High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top