Bossier City, LA
Students enrolled: 1,584

Posted September 21, 2014
Great school I like the school atmosphere I can say as a new student it was hard for me to find my place here. Mostly because airline when it is your first time here it will come of as very unwelcoming because everyone talks to their group of friends and that's it your classes are the best way to make friends. It very strict your phone can not be used at all not even during lunch or breakfast. The principal he is a OK guy not my favorite but he is ok.the assistant principals are so caring and encouraging and I love that to be greeted with a smile means a lot. The teachers are the best in the state you will love them not all but some these teachers can be really old fashion at times oh and it is cold in a lot of the classrooms always bring a jacket because they don't do a democracy it is a dictatorship when it comes to air

Posted June 04, 2014
I graduated from airline. The truth is that its not a sports school or an academic school at all. It is a school full of the good ole boy system, racist, and if you are not from money you dont count. Ive personally witnessed teachers and staff use racial language. And yes they have a new principal. It happens about every two years due to the poor management of the school. If you move to the Bossier parish area the. You want your kids in the haughton or parkway district. Thats just being honest.

Posted May 09, 2014
This school is amazing. Everybody works together. The teachers focus on each student and give them the attention they need. The rumors that they let kids bring guns to school and that it is all about sports are wrong. They have a wonderful principle that cares about all school activities. The recognize all academic and athletic achievements. They have opportunities to get more involved in school. They have Drama, Beta, Mu Alpha Theta, For the Third, FCA, Outdoor club, Yearbook, Newspaper, and many more. I am the person I am today because of Airline High School.

Posted February 28, 2013
They let kids bring guns to school. Their "no-Tolerance" policy is as rubber as their brains. If they don't contact the police or the D.A.'s office soon, then I will.

Posted July 10, 2012
I'm a student at Airline High School, and it is an outstanding school. I love everything about it. The teachers are great, and very helpful. It has great academics, and activities. Everyone is welcomed, and included as much as possible. I would definitely recommend this school. It is cliquish, and does have a few fights every now and then, but that's every school.

Posted April 05, 2011
My wife and I are the proud parents of 4 children and have the opportunity to live in Shreveport, LA or Bossier City, LA. We chose to live in Bossier specifically for the great schools. We live in North Bossier and all of our children attended Apollo elementary, then Green Acres Middle School and our 3rd child is currently a freshman at Airline High School and we have an 8th grader that will be a freshman at Airline High School this fall. Our two older children are in college and have done very well as a result of the educational background they received while at Airline. Not only did they receive a great education but learned how to interact with others, build life skills and understanding of a team approach. Currently Airline is on the brink of a very positive movement with a passionate, caring newly named principal who truly has a heart for the students. The administration at the school, teachers, counselors, coaches, all staff are focused on making the best experience possible for the student in not only a top-notch education but the opportunity to learn life skills. We are extremely impressed with the quality of Airline High School and strongly recommend the school!

Posted September 13, 2010
Airline High School is all about the sports. Especially football.Even the teachers are more concerned with the football games and players and looking cool than actually teaching. Honestly, the kids are just as bad. It is a very ignorant school setting and not very friendly to newcomers.

Posted January 01, 2010
Great neighborhood School, Testing includes a diverse population.

Airline High School 2

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted December 16, 2008
Airline was an awesome school to attend for my four years. The facilities are nice and the teachers are well educated! I would recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a school district for their children.

Airline High School
2801 Airline Drive, Bossier City, LA  71111
Last modified Airline High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Airline High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top