Bad
Good

I've watched my 10 year old son go from a trusting and bubbly little guy to a nervous wreck who cries and complains of nausea at the mere thought of going to school. He began complaining that his teacher "thinks he's stupid" and "she points out everything he does wrong to the whole class". I reached out to the teacher through email, that was ignored and she finally called back after I reached out by phone; she steam-rolled me throughout the conversation then, hung up on me while I was in the midst of requesting that she "be a bit more discreet when and if she's correcting my son". I was, however, very warmly received by the principal and vice principal and pleased to know that my sons best interest was the primary concern. That impression fell away rather quickly. During the meeting, I was repeatedly told that my son was misunderstanding tone, intention or was flat out lying. How can an asthma attack be a misconstruance ? He came home from school in the throes of an asthma attack because he was denied help and accused of lying . I am the mother of four who each attend S. bossier schools and this is the first that I've experienced such bullying , and the bully is a teacher !

The Instructional Aspect of the School is very well-regarded, and there are a host of extracurricular activities that students can participate in. However, Principal Pool and some of the instructors have proven to be Unfair, Dishonest, and Unprofessional. The Principal has spoken negatively of a Parent in the Presence of both the Student and the Parent. As well, some of the Instructors have been discriminatory in their interactions with particular students

EXCELLENT Principal!!! Great, dedicated teachers, too! Lots of clubs to make kids get involved and feel important. Would DEFINITELY recommend!

Curtis Is a great school! We are a millitary family, and had concerns about the schools, however Curtis has proven to be a good school, with great teachers and leadership!

Curtis Elementary is a great school. Both of my children went to school there and so did my husband. I am so greatful to be a part of such an awesome school.

We moved to South Bossier last summer. Prior to this our child had attended a well known private Christian school in Shreveport since Kindergarten. Everyone thought that she'd be so far ahead in public schools since she was a straight A student for 4 years...but that was not the case at Curtis. They offer a much more in-depth curriculum, a change we were and still are very excited about. Additionally, our daughter was well prepared by her 4th grade teachers for the LEAP exam. Lastly, we were pleasantly surprised that Curtis does a far better job than the private school did regarding leadership, values and opportunities for ALL their students, athletes or otherwise. Needless to say, we are quite pleased with the principal, teachers, staff & parental involvement at Curtis. Academics are of utmost importance at Curtis. It's a great school & we highly recommend it.

My daughter has always attended Texas schools and I was very concerned about Louisiana schools. Curtis has been a challenge for my daughter and this is for the good every night we have to study for two hours for all of her subjects. The down side to Lousiana schools is the grading scale compared to that of college or Texas grade schools it is set way to high. The school is very small and I don't feel they have enough resources such as the library but overall am pleased with her teacher and the school.

My child is attending Curtis for her 5th grade year! Her teachers are terrific and knowledgeable. They work with the parent to educate the child.

My son started fourth grade at Curtis this year and I was very nervous when school started. However, his experience has been wonderful and he loves it. His teacher is very positive and knowledgeable. The administration is caring and involved. We love Curtis!

The communication level at this school leaves much to be desired,I would have to call 3 or more times and send emails in order to get any help.The principal and some of the teachers are very good about making broken promises.If you want to feel that you and your child are important do not send them to this school.I felt like I was the bad guy and all I was trying to do was get my child the help she so desperately needed.My child even failed the LEAP test and the school was aware before the test that she was having some issues and they did nothing in order to help her get ready.I feel that there's no accountability here at all.We are selling our home and moving back to Texas, the school system there are a lot better.

Last modified Curtis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.