Bad
Good

It's a really great school! My daughter loves the teachers and the environment. Principal Grooms is the most hands on principal that I've ever met and we've moved around a lot. Cope is very diverse, very hands on, and the teachers encourage the students to think outside of the box. These are all qualities that I look for when finding a new school.

Cope Middle School is the 2010-2011 top rated middle school in Bossier Parish. Both of my children attended for three years, this school has a fabulous administration, staff and students. They are always looking for new and better ways to do things and not just do what has worked in the past. I would not have chosen any other middle school to send my children to.

Cope has been a good school for our son. He has been pushed acedemically and has thrived socially. Not all of the teachers are what I would consider to be great, but many are wonderful. There is a fair amount of teaching for the LEAP test, but that is what we have experienced in this area (Shreveport schools are much worse about this!). The principal is fabulous! She takes every concern seriously and has time for every parent, every child. She strives to know all of the students by name and attends every academic, musical and atletic event. The new band director is wonderful. I would love to be here in 2-3 years to see what he does with the program! I wanted private schools, but this was a decient alternative. I just wish they had more sports!

My son is in 8th grade this year & will be going to Airline next year. I LOVE Cope & Mrs. Judy Grooms (the principal), she is absolutely awesome:)

In my opinion and many others, Cope is an excellent school. I would never want to go to another school. I'm going to my 3rd year at Cope And i love it not nearly as much violence as another school.

Last modified Cope Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.