Bossier City, LA

Stockwell Place Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2014
If you like chaos and lack of organization, then Stockwell Place is the school for you. It is non-stop changing of car-pool procedures, uniform rules, and pretty much any "standard" procedure that is documented in the handbook. Apparently when they ask you to review the handbook, they only mean it for a two week period because that is about how long it took before "new" procedures were implemented. And do they seriously think that announcing things on the intercom for the kids to hear is going to get relayed correctly to the parents if at all. After school clubs are routinely cancelled with no notification sent to parents in advance. I find out when they are calling me to come get my kids. The teachers are pretty average, we have not had a single one I would think of as outstanding and I have never once seen the principal when I've visited the school. I think she spends all of her time making up new rules just to confuse the hell out of everyone. This place just sucks.

Posted May 26, 2014
Love SPE! All three of our children have attended Stockwell. We have been there for 11 years and our last child will be in 5th grade next year. It is a tight knit community- the teachers and staff LOVE these kids!

Posted September 30, 2013
Stockwell teachers do a super job of keeping test scores high without "teaching the test." This is accomplished with the kids still having PE and recess every day! They really study and think about the best way to help children learn without resorting to busy work. These are some of the best teachers in the state. The entire faculty and staff have a positive, professional demeanor. People smile here!

Posted June 20, 2012
Wonderful school, one of the best in Bossier City. It has quality teachers and small classes, so your child will recieve a great education. My daughter has attended Stockwell since Kindergarten, and she'll be in third grade next year. She reads at a 4.7 grade level, and loves her school. Every school asks for fundraising (it's always optional), but at Stockwell you can see where the money goes - back to the students. The school just built a new 5th grade wing, with an ART classroom, music room, and computer lab. It's the kind of school where everyone will know your child by name. Other good elementary schools in the area are Legacy and W. T. Lewis, but we love Stockwell. Hope this helps!

Stockwell Place Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2011
I too am aggravated with the CONSTANT request for money through fundraising at Stockwell. My child gets very upset when she cannot participate in the ridiculous stretch limo ride to Johnny's Pizza (or whatever is it) or the super party for selling so many items, but each time I have to explain to her "I don't have money to GIVE to the school!!" and neither do our neighbors!! I refuse to participate in any of them. I participate in the fundraisers that go towards helping others outside of the school, NOT Stockwell Elementary.

Stockwell Place Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2011
Fundraising at this school. These days and times alot of people don't have the money to throw about as others do. I think there should be other parent involved activities to help offset this funds demand. Things like weekend car washes, bake sells, teacher/parent pie in the face contest. We as parents need to be heard concerning the constant request for money and work with other parents and faculty, for a better solution.

Posted October 09, 2011
I disagree with the person who said the kids seem to run the school. What school have you been to? Certainly not the Stockwell school I know!

Stockwell Place Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2011
I don't mind fund raising if it benefits my child education, but in short time we have been attending this school they have asked for money serveral times a week. Also the kids seem to run the school, the teachers don't know how to handle group bullying. The bullying in this school is physical and steps have not been taken to control or deter.

Posted October 08, 2010
We have been very happy with Stockwell! The school atmosphere is very positive. Children are greated every day with sincere smiles and often hugs. This love for the children continues when you see teachers in the community. We have been very happy with the clubs and extras offered to enrich every day. I wanted a private school for my children, but this was a fabulous, close knit alternative! Our child has excelled academically and socially at Stockwell.

Stockwell Place Elementary School 1

Posted August 17, 2010
Unfortunately my child did not have best experience with four years at Stockwell like others . We had one seasoned teacher who engaged my child and the rest were harsh, obnoxious, criticized a lot and tried to justify it by how many (too few) years they've been teaching. The other students picked up on this and bullied my child. The teachers are dealt with large class sizes and no aides to help. As well as a much focused strict uniform policy. I know the new schools in the district are good and the teachers are much happier people. I would highly recommend out of state families moving into the area to live in the Benton area. I lived in a desirable neighborhood to get into Stockwell and it's not worth the stress.

Stockwell Place Elementary School
5801 Shed Road, Bossier City, LA  71111
Last modified Stockwell Place Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stockwell Place Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top