Bossier City, LA

Posted February 17, 2015
This is our first year at PCA and we have a Kindergartener, Absolutely LOVE this school and how our son is responding to the classical style of education he is learning. The teachers we have met and had interaction with through out the year have been amazing, they help each child as their own and actually care about how they succeed. The class sizes are small, my son has 12 in his classroom and there are 4 classrooms of Kindergarteners this year. Begin every morning with chapel and an inspirational message, he is getting a very well rounded education filled with art, history, and latin. We are not attached to the school on any boards or special affiliation and I feel comfortable to talk to anyone in the office and bring up if anything was going on that we did not agree with. They spend time with everyone that comes into the school. I hope my husband stays stationed here as long as possible so we can continue at Providence.

Posted February 05, 2015
As someone who has attended a few different schools when I was younger, I can say without a doubt that Providence Classical Academy is the most academically challenging and God centered school I am aware of. I began attending Providence in the fifth grade, and have been here for the last six years. I have seen this school grow from teaching a mere 80(ish) kids in one hallway at First Baptist Bossier, to 385 students with their own school complete with a gym and 18 more acres to build upon. Watching the children in the younger grades (I work with them in aftercare) encourages me daily that the school is heading in the right direction, as they really blow my mind with some of the things they are learning.
8 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
We have been attending PCA for 3 years and can honestly say that we have been 100% pleased with our decision to attend. Our children love it! The Christian leadership is strong, the teachers and staff genuinely love attending to the students and contributing to the overall mission of educating and nurturing our kids in a Christian environment. We love PCA!

Posted February 04, 2015
Coming to Providence Classical Academy was intimidating, yet life changing. The small classes are a huge advantage. The teachers are able to help us all personally, which helps me understand the material. They make an effort to show that they care about us, and have a good relationship with us. The small number of students allowed me to develop good relationships with each of them, so that we all build each other up and have fun together. I have made some of the best friends I have at this school. The classical education is challenging and pushes me to excel. While the work is hard, it is worthwhile. The classes are all taught through a biblical worldview, and we learn to be more Christ-like every day. I am very thankful for PCA. I have grown in spiritual maturity and intelligence exponentially. Going to Providence allows me to be surrounded by Christian influences every day, and feel secure about my future by having teachers there who want to help me succeed. I have been so blessed through this school, and there is no place that I would rather be.

Posted February 04, 2015
PCA is a school that is absolutely life-changing. I am a sophomore here, but I completed my freshman year at Parkway HS/Airline HS. I can say I truly am excited to go to school each and everyday, as opposed to dreading going to my old school(s) everyday. The teachers truly love to teach, they love the subjects they teach, and they know how to incorporate the idea of God in every subject. The students are absolutely wonderful. Since I am a student as well, I can see how they really are from that level. It has always been hard for me to make friends... but as soon as I arrived at Providence to shadow during my freshman year, I already knew I had some friends. When I started my sophomore year at PCA, I truly felt loved, and everyone is so easy to love back. We all know each other, and its an amazing experience. The content I'm learning is a grade level ahead of my old school, but I was still able to completely catch up to my friends and continue to keep my A/B grades. We have Bible class everyday, which is definitely one of the best things to me about PCA. Since I started coming to PCA, my worldview changed dramatically, and I would not have it any other way.
13 people found this helpful

Posted February 04, 2015
We have two children that recently transferred from a public school to PCA. Our children have made the move seamlessly. Everyone at the school from teachers, to administration and students made the move extremely easy for the children emotionally and scholastically. PCA's curriculum is much more challenging, thought provoking, and creates critical thinking that they would have never attained at the public school. More importantly, they come home every day excited about what they are learning! The overall environment, from the small classroom size, to the positive Christian influence is exactly what we were looking for in a school! We could not be more please with our decision to transfer to PCA!!!!
8 people found this helpful

Providence Classical Academy 1

Posted January 12, 2015
This school is essentially owned by the headmaster who hand picks the school board to give legitimacy to his actions. Teachers who are not related to board members have no say. Parents have no say and no place to appeal things such as staff mistreatment of students or bullying. As a result there is high turnover of teachers and students. The school puts on a great public face as evidenced by other reviews, which are surely orchestrated. If you are thinking about sending a child to this school, ask for a paper trail of standardized test scores. You will likely get a song and dance about how their teaching style can't be assessed through testing. The bottom line is, this school has no academic standards. There are several local Christian schools in this area with outstanding reputations. This is not one of them.
4 people found this helpful

Providence Classical Academy 1

Posted January 11, 2015
Based on my experience, I assume that the positive reviews might have been written by either board members or teachers. My experience with this school left my head spinning, my bottom jaw dropped to the ground in disbelief and left me spiritually "injured". I have heard there were problems in the beginning with unethical and unfair treatment of students who were not connected to people of importance to the school. If you walk through the halls today and peer into the classrooms, I doubt you'd see very many happy students. It is a "Christian school", but, anyone can say they are christian...it doesn't mean they strive to live as Jesus teaches. I'd say beware. Be sure, if you entertain sending your children here, to pay close attention to the children in the classrooms of the grades you are looking into. Do not just listen to your guide. Interview the teachers your children will sit under to learn, take your time evaluating the school. One child commented here about the teachers allowing bullying. His/her statement doesn't seem to be far off of the mark. The teachers do not seem to intervene every time there is unnecessarily rough play, ganging up on or social ostracizing.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a teacher and also a parent at Providence. I love this school for many reasons. The teachers and staff love God and strive to glorify Him. Teachers truly care about each other, the students and their families. The small ratio allows me to fully know each of my students and his or her abilities so I can better challenge or assist each one. The classical curriculum challenges the students. Math is a grade level ahead and PCA's phonics program produces proficient readers. My own child is challenged academically and loved on each day in her class. She loves school. I feel that Providence uses a proven method of teaching and learning and will teach students to not only use their lives for His glory but to learn to think and reach their potential.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have had my 3 children at PCA for 3 years now. I love the loving, caring, Christ-centered environment! I saw a huge difference in my oldest son's disposition when he first attended PCA in 2nd grade. He began to love school and have an excitement for learning! I am constantly impressed by what my kids are learning at PCA, and am sold on classical education coupled with a Christian world view. This school offers what we are looking for, along with a great community of parents, children, teachers, and staff!
10 people found this helpful

Providence Classical Academy
4525 Old Brownlee Road, Bossier City, LA  71111
Last modified Providence Classical Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Providence Classical Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top