PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

This is truly an amazing school! Everything about this school impresses us: the teachers--how they love the students and how deeply they love the students, the students--how smart, kind, and well-rounded they are, and the staff--how warm and welcoming they are!

I doubt there will be enough space for me to explain the beauty of this school. A classical education is priceless in todays educational standards. Raising a child to become an adult has so many layers. Each layer is vital to their contributions in this world. Their ability to stand on their own merits and accords. Their ability to see the outcomes of challenges and reach positive conclusions. The knowledge and habits formed as early as four years old will shape and mold what they will offer the future generations. A classical education focuses equally on history, geography, math, linguistic skills, literature and arts. It is not for the faint of heart, it is for those who thirst for knowledge. Those who strive for a better tomorrow and those who look to follow and share a moral compass. Our children are better readers, betters spellers/writers, confident in numbers, hungry for world history and biblical facts. Our children strive to bring joy to others. All because of Providence. A classical education with a focus on Christian building blocks will lead to only one thing....a future we can look forward to through our children's minds and hearts. The Board is hands on. The parents are welcoming and community oriented. The teachers live for this job. They were created for this job. They love your children. They pray for your children. The staff is kind, compassionate and steady. The Headmaster is a perfect mix of solid rock and silly putty! Whether he is unloading kids from your car or teaching God's plans you can rest assure he is right there...right away, all the way, with a happy heart. I cannot sing enough praises of this beacon of light. PCA is a top notch school that grows astronomically, which does not surprise me. I think it just shows how desperate we are for such a beautiful education! LOVE MY PCA!

Prior to being enrolled at Providence this year, our granddaughter had struggled with her studies and her self-confidence since kindergarten due to the sudden loss of her Daddy to a car accident. Neither home-schooling nor Learning RX has brought her out and filled her with a sense of accomplishment and confidence as she has experienced at Provudence so far this year in the 4th grade. God's timing is PERFECT. We are so thankful. Our granddaughter is excited everyday to tell us what she has learned about the familiar Bible stories we have read to her during her life. Now they are coming alive in her own little heart. The music program is her delight. Latin has made her feel so important! Our family is forever grateful of Providence's mission to provide the highest standards in learning and education with reinforcement Biblically of the Christian Faith. May God continue to bless Providence abundantly with the resources to build strength and leadership in every student grounded with Biblical principles. Sincerely, Danny and Rhonda Curtis

This is our first year at PCA and we have a Kindergartener, Absolutely LOVE this school and how our son is responding to the classical style of education he is learning. The teachers we have met and had interaction with through out the year have been amazing, they help each child as their own and actually care about how they succeed. The class sizes are small, my son has 12 in his classroom and there are 4 classrooms of Kindergarteners this year. Begin every morning with chapel and an inspirational message, he is getting a very well rounded education filled with art, history, and latin. We are not attached to the school on any boards or special affiliation and I feel comfortable to talk to anyone in the office and bring up if anything was going on that we did not agree with. They spend time with everyone that comes into the school. I hope my husband stays stationed here as long as possible so we can continue at Providence.

As someone who has attended a few different schools when I was younger, I can say without a doubt that Providence Classical Academy is the most academically challenging and God centered school I am aware of. I began attending Providence in the fifth grade, and have been here for the last six years. I have seen this school grow from teaching a mere 80(ish) kids in one hallway at First Baptist Bossier, to 385 students with their own school complete with a gym and 18 more acres to build upon. Watching the children in the younger grades (I work with them in aftercare) encourages me daily that the school is heading in the right direction, as they really blow my mind with some of the things they are learning.

We have been attending PCA for 3 years and can honestly say that we have been 100% pleased with our decision to attend. Our children love it! The Christian leadership is strong, the teachers and staff genuinely love attending to the students and contributing to the overall mission of educating and nurturing our kids in a Christian environment. We love PCA!

Coming to Providence Classical Academy was intimidating, yet life changing. The small classes are a huge advantage. The teachers are able to help us all personally, which helps me understand the material. They make an effort to show that they care about us, and have a good relationship with us. The small number of students allowed me to develop good relationships with each of them, so that we all build each other up and have fun together. I have made some of the best friends I have at this school. The classical education is challenging and pushes me to excel. While the work is hard, it is worthwhile. The classes are all taught through a biblical worldview, and we learn to be more Christ-like every day. I am very thankful for PCA. I have grown in spiritual maturity and intelligence exponentially. Going to Providence allows me to be surrounded by Christian influences every day, and feel secure about my future by having teachers there who want to help me succeed. I have been so blessed through this school, and there is no place that I would rather be.

PCA is a school that is absolutely life-changing. I am a sophomore here, but I completed my freshman year at Parkway HS/Airline HS. I can say I truly am excited to go to school each and everyday, as opposed to dreading going to my old school(s) everyday. The teachers truly love to teach, they love the subjects they teach, and they know how to incorporate the idea of God in every subject. The students are absolutely wonderful. Since I am a student as well, I can see how they really are from that level. It has always been hard for me to make friends... but as soon as I arrived at Providence to shadow during my freshman year, I already knew I had some friends. When I started my sophomore year at PCA, I truly felt loved, and everyone is so easy to love back. We all know each other, and its an amazing experience. The content I'm learning is a grade level ahead of my old school, but I was still able to completely catch up to my friends and continue to keep my A/B grades. We have Bible class everyday, which is definitely one of the best things to me about PCA. Since I started coming to PCA, my worldview changed dramatically, and I would not have it any other way.

We have two children that recently transferred from a public school to PCA. Our children have made the move seamlessly. Everyone at the school from teachers, to administration and students made the move extremely easy for the children emotionally and scholastically. PCA's curriculum is much more challenging, thought provoking, and creates critical thinking that they would have never attained at the public school. More importantly, they come home every day excited about what they are learning! The overall environment, from the small classroom size, to the positive Christian influence is exactly what we were looking for in a school! We could not be more please with our decision to transfer to PCA!!!!

This school is essentially owned by the headmaster who hand picks the school board to give legitimacy to his actions. Teachers who are not related to board members have no say. Parents have no say and no place to appeal things such as staff mistreatment of students or bullying. As a result there is high turnover of teachers and students. The school puts on a great public face as evidenced by other reviews, which are surely orchestrated. If you are thinking about sending a child to this school, ask for a paper trail of standardized test scores. You will likely get a song and dance about how their teaching style can't be assessed through testing. The bottom line is, this school has no academic standards. There are several local Christian schools in this area with outstanding reputations. This is not one of them.

Last modified Providence Classical Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12