Bossier City, LA

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a teacher and also a parent at Providence. I love this school for many reasons. The teachers and staff love God and strive to glorify Him. Teachers truly care about each other, the students and their families. The small ratio allows me to fully know each of my students and his or her abilities so I can better challenge or assist each one. The classical curriculum challenges the students. Math is a grade level ahead and PCA's phonics program produces proficient readers. My own child is challenged academically and loved on each day in her class. She loves school. I feel that Providence uses a proven method of teaching and learning and will teach students to not only use their lives for His glory but to learn to think and reach their potential.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have had my 3 children at PCA for 3 years now. I love the loving, caring, Christ-centered environment! I saw a huge difference in my oldest son's disposition when he first attended PCA in 2nd grade. He began to love school and have an excitement for learning! I am constantly impressed by what my kids are learning at PCA, and am sold on classical education coupled with a Christian world view. This school offers what we are looking for, along with a great community of parents, children, teachers, and staff!

Posted December 14, 2013
We made the move to PCA from public school when my oldest child was going into the 4th grade. This particular public school just was not a good fit for our daughter or our family. Moving to PCA was the best move we could have made for our child and our family. They are rooted not only in giving our children a fantastic education, but a sound and unmovable foundation in their belief and understanding of our Lord and Savior and the Holy Word. I am so very thankful for PCA and all that it has to offer our children and us!

Posted December 08, 2013
I have two children enrolled at PCA. This is our fifth year being a part of Providence. As a parent, teaching my children a Christian Worldview is paramount in my objectives of raising my children. Public school is not an option. I've never felt like my children have received anything less than an excellent education at the school. I am particularly impressed that my children are learning HOW TO LEARN & HOW TO THINK -- not merely how to memorize facts for a test. I am sold on the classical model phases of grammar, logic, & rhetoric as effective means of educating children kindergarten through twelfth grade. PCA has grown fast & experienced its share of growing pains. Some students and teachers are not a fit for PCA. What I tell everyone is that Providence is not a perfect school, but is the best school, in my opinion, in the community. If you are interested in becoming a part of PCA, I encourage your family to pray about the decision. PCA receives no government funding. Parental involvement is key. Visit the school; talk to parents; ask questions; and decide what is best for your family.

Posted November 08, 2013
My grandchild attends this school. She has learned so much and loves to tell me the Bible story she learned for the week. She is in Kindergarten this year and she is reading!!! She is also memorizing math facts! It is a great comfort to know that my grandchild is not only receiving a wonderful education, but is also learning about God on a daily basis. I have heard more positive things about this school! Providence Classical Academy is a blessing to Bossier!

Posted September 13, 2013
Amazing school! My child is learning so much! This school is really Christ centered and it shows in the curriculum and in the teachers. Proverbs 3:6 tells us that if we put God first then he will direct and crown our efforts with success and this has happened at Providence! It's awesome to see God's hand at work and you can see it in the amazing growth of this school. I researched different schools when my first child was born and after hearing about Providence I was determined to send her here. It's more than I could have asked for! My daughter is in Kindergarten now and loves school! We were in love with this school last year and love it even more this year!

Providence Classical Academy 1

Posted July 24, 2013
I went to this school for the year of 2012-2013.i was a middle school student and I wasn't impressed.they make it sound good but it is Not a good school they favortise the certain students, they let the students talk when the teacher is then have a terrible behavior system and I was a student and I think so. They don't handle situations well and they let students make fun of each other most of the time. And most kids that go their don't even like the school all of this is true. Almost every teacher has a student their and most of them teach them so that's more favoritism. So don't fall into their trap this is coming from a kid who went their. You would be better of at a public school. Or word of God it's a great school. Oh and they let students talk about people in the outside world and make fun of them and teachers sit and listen no joke.they say its a christian school it's almost like a public school. if u don't like ur child being made fun of and making bad grades because kids talk during test this is not the school for u

Posted May 16, 2012
I am a nationally certified teacher retired after thirty-four years of teaching elementary school. I also have an M.Ed. degree beyond my B.A. in Elementary Education. I currently serve as a substitute at Providence, and I am very impressed with both the quality of the curricula and with the teachers I serve. The curricula in reading and math are both cumulative, introducing a new skill but also including former skills on a daily basis where students continue to apply what they have learned and stay refreshed and comfortable using previous skills. The teachers and staff there have welcomed me with open arms. They are considerate and proactive with helping me and with helping each other. If any of the teachers with whom I have worked are not certified, it is certainly impossible to note. Providence does not appear to me to be a school where who you are or who you know affects how well you are taught or how you are treated. I choose to substitute here not at all for the pay but for the personal gratification of working with such inspiring students and such a wonderful faculty.

Posted March 15, 2012
Providence is such a blessing to our family! What we love about Providence: 1) Teachers who are really good at teaching, who love our kids, and who love God. 2) A curriculum that challenges our children, especially in developing the fundamental skills of math, reading, and writing, not to mention really studying history and Latin and having a great science program. 3) The community of families that are a part of Providence. We know that we are together with other students and parents who value both education and walking with the Lord. We don't know of a school in the area that offers both the academics and Christ-centered mindset as Providence does and are grateful that our children get to benefit from such a great school.

Posted March 02, 2012
Great school! I had my doubts about spending the money for private school, but this has been by far the best investment I have ever made. My child is working far ahead of his grade level in all academic areas. While I am very happy about that, I am most encouraged by his behavior and the maturity level that he has learned from his teachers who consistently instruct him on how to live according to the Biblical world view.

Providence Classical Academy
4525 Old Brownlee Road, Bossier City, LA  71111
Last modified Providence Classical Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-11
Providence Classical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top