Legacy Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2014
Both my kids went to this school for five years. My oldest was not happy there. It was very hard for him to make friends there. Most of his teachers always had class favorite. My child's 2nd and 3rd grade teacher's alwhere the only ones who always seem to care about everyone. I had a confress with his 4th grade teacher one afternoon l,he was just not happy.and she told me she felt like he was being disrespectful because he would never look at her ,so I ask her maybe he feels intimidating by you. She did not say nothing ! My child had never been in trouble the whole time at this school.Legacy is not a perfect school that does not exist. Legacys office always made me feel like I was bothering them. I have passed the principal and the others in the school and they not even give you a smile.My second child's teacher' all of them where wonderful. The only problem I had was his 5th grade teacher , she would never act like she wanted to talk to me.. J

Posted June 25, 2014
We moved the summer of 2013 specifically for the Bossier Parish school district! Because of Legacy my son (4th grade) has thrived and now LOVES school again!! Previous schools we had to FIGHT for them to recognize struggles and for him to receive any help. Legacy listened and read ALL documentation we had. Immediately they went into action and he received the BEST QUALIFIED teacher!! She embraced my son and did everything possible to help him!! Every quarter with her he improved and at end of year he made the A/B Honor Roll! We also had one attending kindergarten and again we received one of the BEST QUALIFIED teachers! Actually I feel all teachers are well qualified or they would not be there!! I commend them on having ZERO tolerance of any type of bad behavior! Any mention and it is taken care of IMMEDIATELY!! We dearly LOVE the counselor who was ALWAYS there to help and kindly answer any questions! Not much interaction with principal or vice with concerns being taken care of by counselor and teachers! The ONLY thing I disliked was there was not a music class. ART, LIBRARY, PE and COMPUTER teachers were AWESOME!! We LOVED Zumba, Archery and Robotics too! THANKS!

Posted June 06, 2014
We are a military family so when we moved to the area we were in search for the "best" school. Legacy is the best school in this area!! My girls went to Legacy for the past 4 years and I am so sad we are moving. The teachers are hand picked and I can't say enough great things about this school. My daughter is on an IEP and she has made honor roll every year and it is all because of the wonderful teachers at this school. If you are moving to this area, you should visit Legacy. You will be happy you did!

Posted April 27, 2013
We're in the military and enrolled our daughter in Legacy. She enjoys her teachers and loves going to school. Everyone at Legacy that I've encountered were very pleasant and helpful.

Legacy Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter is a 2nd grader and absolutely loves Legacy. She enjoys school, loves her teacher and is growing and developing consistently. The only reason I didn't give the school five stars is that some "courses" are not made available to ALL students, specifically, music. If the student is not musically inclined/trained, this is not a part of the student's curriculum. I think music should be made available to all students, especially in elementary school.

Posted October 29, 2012
We are a military family and we believe we have found the best elementary school is the area!! We just cannot rave enough about our school we love it!

Posted February 27, 2012
I just wanted to counter point what a previous parent said about talking at lunch. They ARE allowed to talk at lunch, but if they get too loud they will have to sit out of recess but that's every school. I went to lunch with my daughter they were allowed to talk quietly

Posted November 10, 2011
I have 2 children at Legacy this year. We seem to get fabulous teachers every year who love their job and the children they teach. I would say this is the best choice for an elementary school in the area.

Posted July 14, 2011
We couldn't be happier with our experience at this school. Another reviewer mentioned the discipline policies being strict and I agree. But we appreciated this because at other public schools my children attended previously I felt that there wasn't enough control in the hands of the teachers. I am thankful for an administration that treats school like school and not a glorified daycare. We've always felt welcome, teachers are very open and willing to speak to you about any issue. Grades are fair, the gifted and special education programs are wonderful. Can't say enough great things about this school. We'll be sad to leave!

Legacy Elementary School 2

Posted May 20, 2011
Both my children currently attend Legacy. This is their first year for both. They are in different grades. Although it is a good school, fairly new, state of the art technology, I didn't get the welcoming feel and neither did my youngest daughter. She cried for the first two weeks of school. This is the best school in the area only because the neighborhoods are nice and very expensive. Get ready to spend some money. Every week I feel the school is asking for money from having to pay to wear jeans on Fridays to snacks. It felt like they had fundraisers every 2 months this year. They don't give enough notice on anything. Notes get sent home on Fridays asking to bring something or donate money and expect you to bring it on Monday. Most teachers seem like they care more about what they are wearing than the student's education. The previous school my daughters attended, the teachers weren't afraid to get dirty with the kids. It's not like that here. The students aren't even allowed to talk at lunch, they get punished if they do. The only good thing is their PTO. They are very active, but hard to get volunteers. It's always the same parents working hard for the students.

Legacy Elementary School
4830 Swan Lake Road, Bossier City, LA  71111
(318) 759-2000
Last modified Legacy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top