Bush, LA

Fifth Ward Junior High School 4

Posted January 18, 2012
My kindergartner just transferred to 5th Ward from a not-so-pleasant experience in the Jefferson Parish School System. Her teacher (can i 'name drop'? Mrs.Cowell. Wish I COULD go back2 Kindergarten & have Her as my teacher!) & the A+ Staff at 5th Ward helped her transition into this school seamlessly! We were greeted with Open Arms&happy faces! I volunteered during a schoolwide Holiday event & witnessed the sense of togetherness among the staff, students& their parents! :) When children feel safe & welcome in their learning environment, acedemic success is happily obtainable- I've witnessed this firsthand. Happy, wholehearted stamp of approval & THANK YOU, from this Kinder-mommah to all FWJH personnel! Looking forward to watching my daughter continue to flourish at this school& soar like a true Falcon!

Fifth Ward Junior High School 4

Posted January 09, 2012
I have been so pleased with Fifth Ward Junior High this year that I had to write this review. I was considering pulling my kids from this school, but I decided that I would give the new principal a chance-- and boy I am I glad I did! Mr. O has not only upheld his promise to be fair and consistent with the discipline side of the school, but he has brought back Falcon pride in the students and faculty. This school is challenging and has good teachers, but the new principal has caused teachers to step up their lessons because he is consistently observing their classes and holding them accountable. My daughter tells me that she sees him in classes and at lunch duty, and this makes me feel good because the kids see him as a visible and approachable presence. Fifth Ward will only get better with the new administration and I am very happy with the school leadership, teachers , and new and improving physical plant.

Posted July 21, 2011
FWJH Is one of the best schools in bush. My daughter has been there since the pre-k program they have there and she loves this school. The teachers are wonderful and you can tell they care about the students and their education. Keep up the good work!!! The remodeling of the school looks really good.

Posted October 06, 2009
FWJH is the best school in St. Tammany, My husband and I are so pleased with the administration and educators employed at FWJH. The staff is always helpful and very encouraging to both the parents and students. All of the teachers that I have come in contact with are fabulous. Keep up the great work.

Posted May 25, 2009
5 of my children and now 2 of my grandchildren have gone to this excellent school. My 21 yr old son still visits this favorite teachers!!! My daughter is finishing her PHD in Physics and Chemistery. She would not be able to do this if she wouldn't have had such a great start at this wonderful school!!

Posted March 28, 2009
our daughter started here educational career at fifth ward and i haven't been more pleased with the results we've seen . we believe if you start out having a close relationship with your child's school , then you can expect a good outcome .

Fifth Ward Junior High School 1

Posted October 01, 2008
This school is slipping badly! I have sent 4 children there and it continues to decline. You have no support, there is an 11 year loss record for athletics that the coaches find amusing. Their test scores are tanking, and my last 3 children beg me not to send them to school. They are unwilling to seek assisstance from any outside sources to improve their curriculum. All in all, I wish I could afford private school tuition for my children. The only people happy with this school are below the poverty level, and probably only reached 6th grade, and they don't expect much except a meal.The food in the cafeteria is decent.

Posted August 22, 2008

Posted August 15, 2008
Fifth Ward is a most excellent school for our children. Everyone there, from custodian, cafeteria, office, and staff are most caring and helpful. My children went there from Pre-K to 8th grade and have prospered and grown wonderfully.

Posted May 25, 2007

Fifth Ward Junior High School
81419 Louisiana 21, Bush, LA  70431
Last modified Fifth Ward Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fifth Ward Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top