PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Riverdale Academy 4

Posted November 24, 2014
Having another child in college already, I can tell you from experience the school s atmosphere and communication concerns for your child (and about your child) is as very much important as the education itself. I researched schools for many years while working for a local media company.I toured almost every private school K-12 in EBR. We choose RCA for the curriculum (A Beka), social experiences my child may receive (after all we ll be with these classmates for the next 12 years), family atmosphere, & complementary values. In comparison to tuition rates, it s the best value in area. I received hand written thank you cards for my interest in the school, follow up phone calls, and several positive contacts prior enrollment. We adore the Kindergarten teacher. She sends home a daily conduct chart and notes. I have popped-in , unannounced, to join classes, Chapel, and other activities during school hours. I have observed other classrooms and staff. I have spoken to other parents and they all have positive things to say. Each encounter has been pleasant; every question (& concern) had been addressed immediately. Thus far, we are very pleased with our decision to attend RCA.

Posted August 26, 2014
Save yourself some trouble with calling (they don't answer the phone) and just stop by on a school day. You'll see what it's like. Ask for a tour unannounced... To see the classrooms while in session... Or even better, go during lunch time. It's a complete moral meltdown. It is run by a group of people who collaboratively have managed to disgrace the term 'private christian school'. While you're at it, do a web search for Riverdale and have fun reading what comes up. I'm not sure what information the police can discuss with you, but try calling them as well for more information about what happened last and this year alone. Oh, and just for fun, you can ask the office why their first principal was terminated.

Posted November 09, 2009
I was a former student at Riverdale. This school tought me many life lessons. Its a college prep school. The average student at Riverdale has a higher gpa than any school around. I went there for only my high school years. I loved it.

Riverdale Academy

Posted October 07, 2008
My son is a senior at Riverdale Academy. He came from a 5-A public school. yes he say's it is alittle boring, due to the fact he came from a school with over 1400 students in it, to one with less than 400. But all in all he really likes it at Riverdale and pland to graduate from there. All the Staff and Parents have treated him and his whole family as if we are all Family. Riverdale has made my son smile again and he is for the 1st time enjoying school. I would just like to say thanks for the great welcome and wonderful Education. Keep up the great work.

Riverdale Academy 4

Posted February 05, 2008
Riverdale Academy is a Great School. My son attended Riverdale for 12 years, and everyone is just like 'family.' The education is the best anywhere in our area.

Posted February 04, 2008
The education at Riverdale more than prepares you for college. As a mother of four and a pre-med student, I am always impressed with the level of education being taught. Most of what I took in my first two years for my biology major/chemistry minor at Louisiana Tech University is taught in the high school classes. Our scores speak for us! The other parents are on the most part wonderful. They participate in the extra-cirricular school activites as well as work with their children outside of the classroom. The family atmosphere is another factor that keeps us at Riverdale.

Posted November 10, 2007
Actually, being a student who attended Riverdale Academy and a public school, I would have to say that Riverdale is the best choice. I learned so much more at Riverdale! When I attended it, it was the greatest years of my life and what I know now is because of them! I would definately send my children to this school in the future!

Posted February 23, 2006
Some people say Riverdale is very bad. Will it's not. The kids with bad manners were tought that way. Riverdale perpares us for college, and people who goes to Riverdale will be (more) able to get selected for college or go to college then any other school, in Red River. Teachers they might not be very good but they are, they teach us what we need to know. The average grade scores are hard but it prepares us for college. Extracurricular activities is huge tons of choice for kids to do, but you must make a C averge to stay on the teams. Students will always behave that well. The discipline is high. You or your sons or daughter will love it at Riverdale.

Posted November 06, 2005
I agree that this is among the worst schools in the state.

Posted February 28, 2005
This school is the worst school in the state. I sent my child there for a year and then had to take her out because of the rude, snobbish people there. not only were the children acting in this manner, but so were the parents as well. I do not recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a good environment and education for their child.

Riverdale Academy