8-12|Private

Bad
Good

St Scholastica Academy 3

Posted August 24, 2014
This is a good school, not a great school. It is difficult on girls who transfer in from another school or out-of-state due to their 4x4 block schedule. I definitely would not recommend transferring in mid-year. And because of this scheduling, these girls are only taught Religion for 1 semester. I wish I had considered ahead of time. Some of the teachers are awesome. Some of the classroom buildings are very old though there are 2 newer buildings that are nice. There is little covered walkways for students on rainy days. Lunch is outside except for rainy days then the girls eat in the gym. For the amount of tuition, one would expect much nicer buildings and classrooms. Also laptops would be more efficient than the iPads which are difficult to take notes on.

Posted September 10, 2013
Class of 2013!!! I loved this school! I got to be honest when my mother told me she was putting me in an all girls catholic school I thought it was going to be the end of the world!! I went in there with a bad attitude! But I am SO happy my parents made me to SSA! The teachers are so helpful and caring! The girls are the best. One thing I did notice there was no cliques, everyone was nice to each other, I loved that we had mass every month, and the completions we used to do with our brother school Saint Paul. I loved every day of it. If I could I would go back! GO DOVES!!!!!

Posted March 17, 2008
I am an alum and a former teacher at SSA. I loved this school while I was attending and will always love it. This was a wonderful place to work. The community is a kind and compassionate one and takes care of its own in times of need.

Posted March 13, 2008
Good academics, some areas better than others but overall good prep for college. I have one daughter in college and the other still at SSA.

Posted April 04, 2004
I am student that goes to SSA right now and i am very pleased with the teachers,campus, and my education so far. I enjoy SSA a great deal becuase the other girls there are all wonderful and heart felt. Some of the girls that I have met so far will probably be my freinds forever becuase they are always there for me. However, this school is an all girls school and that is a disappointment. Oh, and before I forget, I am not Catholic, but Methodist. So don't think that you have to be Catholic to go here, becuase a lot of people who are not Catholic go here to.

Posted September 09, 2003
My daughter goes to SSA and she LOVES it. She is a senior now and had been at SSA since 8th grade. I love the 4x4 schedule. it is a lot easier on the girls because they do not have as much homework time after school as the kids on the 7 class schedule. If you have a daughter going into 8th grade or high school, i would look into SSA. The school spirit, and unity they have is amazing!

St Scholastica Academy
Po Box 1210, Covington, LA  70434
Last modified St Scholastica Academy is a Private school that serves grades 8-12
St Scholastica Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top