PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 11, 2016
The administration has done a poor job at schedules, and this year has been all around chaotic. There are a few problematic teachers that at any other school would have been fired already. Every time students bring up the issues to the administration, nothing gets done. I have the feeling it is because in the words of our disciplinarian, "the teacher is always right." This makes them and the administration look infallible.They don't allow a student to eat if they have forgotten their lanyard, and in addition to not eating, they also have to clean up the lunch room and serve a Wednesday morning detention. This is outrageous for simply not having a lanyard, especially since they are not even necessary (there are only about 300 students in the high school). Might I also add that they had been enforcing the lanyard policy the whole year, even though the rule was not approved and added to the handbook until the second semester. The administration also randomly adds rules to the handbook and does not notify students of any of the changes. Yet, you are still responsible to know the randomly, newly added rules and will face consequences. Northlake has also become more concerned with the public view of the school than its own students. It monitors students, not to make sure they are living a Godly life style, but in the words of the principal, "to make sure what your posting is appropriately shaping our school to the community, since you are the face of Northlake." Two years ago, a girl and guy did some inappropriate things on the bus ride home from a field trip. When a Twitter account even tried to pot about what happened and how the administration had handled it, Northlake called Twitter and got the account temporarily shut down. This was another way Northlake was safeguarding its reputation instead of owning up to what had happened and moving on. Northlake basically can do what ever it wants and can even randomly expel students without any cause according to its handbook. They also can have a teacher of the same gender as the student strip search the student. I have never seen it happen, but of course, "they reserve the right." They basically reserve the right to do whatever they want when they want for any or no reason at all. They have no regard for student rights, and if you want your student to be treated with respect, I would choose another option.

Northlake Christian School
Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
They are not honest themselves and have many cover ups. It seems like a lot of things happen in the shadows and in secret.

Posted February 12, 2015
My children have attended Northlake Christian School for eight years now, 2009-2015. Both have grown so much in their relationship to Christ, in confidence and character because of the wonderful staff. I have been particularly impressed with the way that difficult tasks, like writing research papers are broken down and repeated year after year. Every year the kids take on more responsibility for the total paper until they really know how to do it for themselves. I consider this essential for success in college later. There is also great support for struggling students. Neither of my students are great mathematicians. My son regularly takes advantage of free tutoring after school and both have always felt welcome to go see their teachers for help whenever they have needed it.

Posted January 09, 2015
My children have both been at Northlake Christian since they were babies, starting out in the Early Learning Center. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with each teacher they have had each year, as well as the directors and principals of their respective grades (one is still in the ELC and one is in Elementary). Since the beginning of their time at Northlake, they have received and continue to receive a wonderful Christian education that is top notch and I continue to see them grow every day. They both love learning and that is because of the environment of their school and for that I am very thankful.

Posted December 12, 2014
My husband and I wouldn't have our kids at any school in the area other than Northlake. We didn't make this decision lightly. We take our stewardship of our kids for the short time that they are kids seriously. I'm a Northlake Alum, but my husband grew up going to other private schools in the same area, and we both agree that Northlake is the place for our kids. They are in classes ideally sized for close friendships and lots of teacher attention. They have been academically challenged but not overwhelmed. Most importantly, they have been loved with the love of Christ through their teachers. I'm so thankful that we have NCS!

Posted December 11, 2014
I would highly recommend Northlake Christian School to any family looking for a Christ-centered atmosphere where their children receive excellent education! Having graduated from NCS myself, I have experienced many years in the school family. My children have all attended since preschool and have grown up in the school. We absolutely love the environment and the fact that the teachers are dedicated and love the students placed in their care. The school has grown and changed over the years, but one thing remains the same: Jesus Christ is the center. Because of this, the school is dedicated to excellence in education, competitive athletics, and most importantly, the Word of God! I'm sad to read the negative reviews on this site and feel bad that they have not had the same experience that we have. Northlake is not perfect because no school is. However, it's home to us and we love it!

Posted August 22, 2014
I would not recommend sending your child to this school, I am still in shock with the way the staff handles themselves. I have never seen school staff feel the need to gossip about children and treat kids so unfair. If a family donates financially or with gifts to the school their child is allowed to have many offenses with minimal punishment. But if you are just a regular family paying your tuition and do not play into the political games be prepared for unjust punishment. I have stories for days of the terrible things I have witnessed this school put children through. The men in charge at this school are purposely attempting to destroy the self esteem of young kids. I hope you all read this and maybe find it in your heart to STOP treating people this way and learn to treat people with respect. Yes you are managing children, but children should be treated with respect. I hope this saves future parents and children from having to deal with the heartache and disarray you have tried to cause our family, yes you read correctly you tried but did not succeed.

Posted July 09, 2014
NCS - Northlake Christian School If you don't attend a premier area church, life for your child will be hard at NCS... They administrative staff pre-judges everyone and once they form a general opinion then that's the label you wear! Furthermore, If you have Money and attend a premier area church, you can buy your way into any thing you want at NCS! Academics are poor and athletics is rigged... If your son does not play FOOTBALL then please spare him a great deal of grief and persecution! Plus the atmosphere has changed with all of the voucher kids going there merely to receive passing grades to play football. They tend to look the other way and have plenty of mercy available for the problematic (Bad Boy) voucher kids that play football... ANY OTHER SCHOOL in ST Tammany Parish is better than NCS... PERIOD!

Posted September 04, 2013
Northlake Christian School is a great school. We recently moved from overseas and the school officials ensured that the admission process was painless; they were able to work with me from another continent! They also worked with us on transcribing records from British to American system. Upon our arrival, the leadership was so welcoming and supportive; went out of their way to ensure our kids settle in quickly. My kids love the school from the very first moment and every day, their overall assessment is - awesome! Finding a great school where there are core values and kids respect one another, I was told (before relocating to the US) can be very tasking but NCS made our experience a wonderful one for the kids and us the parents. Parents involvement is also very excellent.

Posted July 31, 2013
NCS is a wonderful school. Any school run by humans will have its downfalls, but the heart of NCS is good. The teachers love their students and love the Lord. They want what's best for them in the end. The staff and faculty are very unified and set a common goal for the good of the students. They work long days to do whatever needs to be done to help nurture the mind and spirit of their students. The "teacher" that posted before obviously didn't work on staff the year they posted that comment or they would have known better.

Northlake Christian School
70104 Wolverine Dr, Covington, LA  70433
Last modified Northlake Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northlake Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top