Covington, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 12, 2014
My husband and I wouldn't have our kids at any school in the area other than Northlake. We didn't make this decision lightly. We take our stewardship of our kids for the short time that they are kids seriously. I'm a Northlake Alum, but my husband grew up going to other private schools in the same area, and we both agree that Northlake is the place for our kids. They are in classes ideally sized for close friendships and lots of teacher attention. They have been academically challenged but not overwhelmed. Most importantly, they have been loved with the love of Christ through their teachers. I'm so thankful that we have NCS!

Posted December 11, 2014
I would highly recommend Northlake Christian School to any family looking for a Christ-centered atmosphere where their children receive excellent education! Having graduated from NCS myself, I have experienced many years in the school family. My children have all attended since preschool and have grown up in the school. We absolutely love the environment and the fact that the teachers are dedicated and love the students placed in their care. The school has grown and changed over the years, but one thing remains the same: Jesus Christ is the center. Because of this, the school is dedicated to excellence in education, competitive athletics, and most importantly, the Word of God! I'm sad to read the negative reviews on this site and feel bad that they have not had the same experience that we have. Northlake is not perfect because no school is. However, it's home to us and we love it!

Posted August 22, 2014
I would not recommend sending your child to this school, I am still in shock with the way the staff handles themselves. I have never seen school staff feel the need to gossip about children and treat kids so unfair. If a family donates financially or with gifts to the school their child is allowed to have many offenses with minimal punishment. But if you are just a regular family paying your tuition and do not play into the political games be prepared for unjust punishment. I have stories for days of the terrible things I have witnessed this school put children through. The men in charge at this school are purposely attempting to destroy the self esteem of young kids. I hope you all read this and maybe find it in your heart to STOP treating people this way and learn to treat people with respect. Yes you are managing children, but children should be treated with respect. I hope this saves future parents and children from having to deal with the heartache and disarray you have tried to cause our family, yes you read correctly you tried but did not succeed.

Posted July 09, 2014
NCS - Northlake Christian School If you don't attend a premier area church, life for your child will be hard at NCS... They administrative staff pre-judges everyone and once they form a general opinion then that's the label you wear! Furthermore, If you have Money and attend a premier area church, you can buy your way into any thing you want at NCS! Academics are poor and athletics is rigged... If your son does not play FOOTBALL then please spare him a great deal of grief and persecution! Plus the atmosphere has changed with all of the voucher kids going there merely to receive passing grades to play football. They tend to look the other way and have plenty of mercy available for the problematic (Bad Boy) voucher kids that play football... ANY OTHER SCHOOL in ST Tammany Parish is better than NCS... PERIOD!

Posted September 04, 2013
Northlake Christian School is a great school. We recently moved from overseas and the school officials ensured that the admission process was painless; they were able to work with me from another continent! They also worked with us on transcribing records from British to American system. Upon our arrival, the leadership was so welcoming and supportive; went out of their way to ensure our kids settle in quickly. My kids love the school from the very first moment and every day, their overall assessment is - awesome! Finding a great school where there are core values and kids respect one another, I was told (before relocating to the US) can be very tasking but NCS made our experience a wonderful one for the kids and us the parents. Parents involvement is also very excellent.

Posted July 31, 2013
NCS is a wonderful school. Any school run by humans will have its downfalls, but the heart of NCS is good. The teachers love their students and love the Lord. They want what's best for them in the end. The staff and faculty are very unified and set a common goal for the good of the students. They work long days to do whatever needs to be done to help nurture the mind and spirit of their students. The "teacher" that posted before obviously didn't work on staff the year they posted that comment or they would have known better.

Northlake Christian School 4

Posted October 04, 2012
We've been associated with NCS since 2007. Our two children are now in college and performing quite well. We are very excited about the opportunities afforded them in college and attribute a large part of those opportunities to their experiences at NCS. We have found that the interaction that they, our children, and we were blessed to have with leadership and other parents at the school was more than we had hoped. Friends of ours just went there for a tour with the head of school, who introduced them to the principal, and then walked them through the building and classrooms. The school is experiencing record growth and the physical appearance (building, grounds) improves each year. Our friends comment echoed our experience. You can truly feel a calming presence of God when you drive on the campus that is only reaffirmed as you walk and observe the cleanliness and orderliness of the buildings and classrooms. Your children might get a better education from homeschooling, but they would miss out on the experience of Northlake.

Posted September 26, 2012
Notice the dates on the reviews. Do you really believe that, in the middle of summer, this many people spontaneously decided to review the school? No, yet another example of the manipulative practices at this school. The integrity of many good teachers is questioned when the board employs headmaster that lacks integrity and looks for short cuts.

Posted June 25, 2012
A truly excellent school. Our children have been there since preschool and have now been there over four years. They have always had wonderful, caring, and skilled teachers who know how to get the most out of them academically. In addition to the excellent academic record, NCS has an outstanding athletics department that we look forward to seeing our kids involved in when they get old enough. St. Tammany Parish has great schools (public and parochial) to choose from, but I highly recommend this Christ-centered school.

Northlake Christian School 4

Posted June 25, 2012
Sending my kids to Northlake Christian School is one of the best parenting choices we've ever made. Both of our boys started there in preschool. The oldest graduated in 2007, the youngest in 2010. They had ACT scores in the 30's. The oldest graduated from LSU in Mass Communications with a very strong GPA. The younger one is a sophomore there in Finance and doing well. My daughter has been there since Kindergarten, is going into 10th grade and doing very well also. So their academic success speaks for itself. However, their Christian character is what pleases me the most because that is the most important foundation to have in this life for success. And we know that's what pleases God the most. The school is like a big family. We all love and pray for each other and help each other when in need. They helped me when my oldest son broke his leg in preschool and they helped me when my daughter's lung collapsed last year. They are the best school family in the world. We love our school.

Northlake Christian School
70104 Wolverine Dr, Covington, LA  70433
Last modified Northlake Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northlake Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top