No rating

St Pauls School

Private | 8-12 | 865 students

Posted March 3, 2014

I moved my son from Bowling Green School in Franklinton to St. Paul school. Best decision ever!! St. Paul School, is hands down the best high school in Louisiana! They excel in academics, athletics, and discipline. They strive for excellence in every part of the learning experience. My son has received letters from colleges all over the United States as a result of attending St. Paul school. Definately worth EVERY DIME I've spent to send him there! Anyone looking for a wonderful school with a stellar reputation should consider St. Paul.

Posted March 4, 2012

It's just okay. I have two sons that started here and one left to go to Mandeville HIgh School so I can speak for both schools. St. Pauls lacks greatly in the area of academics compared to other schools.It places athletics first and even though this is the case it has lost the chance to place first in state championships in several sports. Although it prepared my son for college,it did not prepare for the reality of the real world.Most students at SPS are guarded by hovering parents. My recommendation is save the money and put them in a real high school!

Posted May 17, 2010

Our oldest graduated from St. Paul's in 2002 and our youngest just finished 8th grade this year. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. It is and will continue to be the best education a parent can offer their son. Excellent teachers who truly do care about their students, but more importantly, a spiritual environment that one can actually feel the moment they step onto campus. Academically challenging and always striving to be a leader in the educational arena. A safe haven for any young man, with plenty of options to pursue any career path. We are so lucky to have this institution in our community!

Posted January 10, 2009

I would expect the academics to be much better for a private school. There are public high schools in the parish that offer a more challenging curriculum and more rounded education. If you live in Covington, it might be better to continue sending your child here, but I would recommend that those residing in the eastern part of Mandeville to reconsider (I can't really vouch for those living in western Mandeville). For the record I had a son go here at first and then to a public high school located in eastern Mandeville and have a friend who did the same (and has the same opinion as me).

Posted December 6, 2008

St. Paul's is a wonderful school. It's so comforting, as a parent, to know that your child appreciates and loves his school. He knows that his teachers care about him and will help him in any way. Both the administration and faculty are available to both the students and parents. They do go the extra mile. Not only are the academics exceptional, but the spirituality is visible through the actions and behavior of the student body. We are looking forward to 3 more productive years before our son goes off to college. We truly believe that he will be prepared for his college experience from all that he will have learned at St. Paul's. As you know, no school is perfect, but St. Paul's has more positive attributes than negative in my book.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• All boys
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of New Orleans

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 928