8-12|Private

Bad
Good

Saint Paul's is one of if not the best place a teenager can grow up, not only from an academic standpoint, but from an emotional standpoint as well. The brotherhood I have gained from this high school will never be forgotten. The amount of bonds I have made at this school will last my lifetime. When I step foot onto Saint Paul's campus, I know that this is where I belong and this is my home. We are a brotherhood unlike any other.

I moved my son from Bowling Green School in Franklinton to St. Paul school. Best decision ever!! St. Paul School, is hands down the best high school in Louisiana! They excel in academics, athletics, and discipline. They strive for excellence in every part of the learning experience. My son has received letters from colleges all over the United States as a result of attending St. Paul school. Definately worth EVERY DIME I've spent to send him there! Anyone looking for a wonderful school with a stellar reputation should consider St. Paul.

It's just okay. I have two sons that started here and one left to go to Mandeville HIgh School so I can speak for both schools. St. Pauls lacks greatly in the area of academics compared to other schools.It places athletics first and even though this is the case it has lost the chance to place first in state championships in several sports. Although it prepared my son for college,it did not prepare for the reality of the real world.Most students at SPS are guarded by hovering parents. My recommendation is save the money and put them in a real high school!

Our oldest graduated from St. Paul's in 2002 and our youngest just finished 8th grade this year. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. It is and will continue to be the best education a parent can offer their son. Excellent teachers who truly do care about their students, but more importantly, a spiritual environment that one can actually feel the moment they step onto campus. Academically challenging and always striving to be a leader in the educational arena. A safe haven for any young man, with plenty of options to pursue any career path. We are so lucky to have this institution in our community!

I would expect the academics to be much better for a private school. There are public high schools in the parish that offer a more challenging curriculum and more rounded education. If you live in Covington, it might be better to continue sending your child here, but I would recommend that those residing in the eastern part of Mandeville to reconsider (I can't really vouch for those living in western Mandeville). For the record I had a son go here at first and then to a public high school located in eastern Mandeville and have a friend who did the same (and has the same opinion as me).

St. Paul's is a wonderful school. It's so comforting, as a parent, to know that your child appreciates and loves his school. He knows that his teachers care about him and will help him in any way. Both the administration and faculty are available to both the students and parents. They do go the extra mile. Not only are the academics exceptional, but the spirituality is visible through the actions and behavior of the student body. We are looking forward to 3 more productive years before our son goes off to college. We truly believe that he will be prepared for his college experience from all that he will have learned at St. Paul's. As you know, no school is perfect, but St. Paul's has more positive attributes than negative in my book.

Last modified St Pauls School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12