Covington, LA
Students enrolled: 1,511

Covington High School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
This school does not take bullying serious until there is a physical altercation. Unfortunately for my daughter, discipline for her tormentors is coming later than it should have.

Posted August 14, 2014
Covington High is an amazing school with excellent teachers and wonderful students. My child was a transfer student from Mandeville High. CHS prepared my child well for college and I am forever thankful for all of her positive experiences while at CHS. I cannot get enough of this school and the spirit of the kids. The kids that attend CHS are beautiful children with so much charisma and love to share. Football games in Jack Salter stadium are the absolute best! The CHS band is amazing and talented beyond belief! I cannot say enough about the theatre and drama department! The talent Covington High students possess is unreal and exceeds expectations...I cannot believe the talented kids in this school! To the parents that are debating as to where to send their son or daughter for high school; hopefully you are lucky enough to live in the Covington High district so that your child can experience the true spirit of what a high school experience should be. Go Lions!!!

Posted November 12, 2013
My daughter attends CHS and is enrolled in honors, AP and dual enrollment courses. The teachers are involved and motivate the students to succeed. There are a lot of clubs and sports for the students to participate in. The students that I have encountered are nice, respectful kids. I am tired of hearing negative comments from people who have no clue and tell us we should have enrolled in MHS. This school doesn't receive the respect it deserves. My daughter is getting an excellent education and has made many great friends here. She is challenged in her schoolwork and whenever she has questions or needs help with anything, the teachers have always been accessible. If you are contemplating sending your son or daughter here, you will not be disappointed. It is an older school so the facilities are not the most up to date.

Posted October 19, 2011
Covington High is a gem. The Teachers work well with the students and are willing to do whatever it takes to help students no matter how much time it takes. Ms. McCollum and the other Administrators are always out supporting the Groups, Teams and Organizations in their activities. There are more Plays and Dances than any other High School. This is the place to go if you want a future after school. College or Trade options for classes are offered. It is a Great School!

Posted December 12, 2009
This was an awesome school! Academically Covington High greatly prepared me for College. After Graduating with a 4.0 I went on to Pre-Med where I maintained above a 3.5. Covington High has equipped me with the skills necessary to go out and concur the world. We may not be a private school. but we utilize what we are able to get and make the best of it!! Thank you Covington High for bringing out the best in me.

Posted October 19, 2009

Covington High School 0

Posted October 23, 2008
A school is not the place for an automated phone service. This isnt a business, this is a school w/ our kids, not soft drinks and food.

Posted October 13, 2008
You can't find a better school than Covington High. If you say there is no school spirit here, than that's not true. It's your choice to have school spirit. 95% of the school does. It's amazing, impossible to beat. Teachers are great, and really strive to help you academically. Mr. Guillory is amazing at what he does, and I really respect him. He cares about the students, and gives great effort to making everyone happy.

Covington High School 1

Posted August 26, 2008
This school is lacking resources from the district that other schools are recieving(scores and dropout numbers prove this). It is in serious need of new leadership.

Posted July 24, 2008
I love this school, there are many things to get involved with and many things to do. This school has a friendly enviornment that welcomes you with open arms. I can think of no other school that can match Covington High.

Covington High School
73030 Lions Drive, Covington, LA  70433
Last modified Covington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Covington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top