Bad
Good

I have 2 children who attended Covington High, and not only enjoyed their experiences, but received a quality education! My daughter received a full tuition scholarship to a private college via Covington High, with a record dollar amount of scholarships received by fellow classmates, graduating with her that same year. This is a testament to the academics here! My son is involved in sports, and we are extremely pleased with the integrity of the Covington High sports programs. He is also on track to graduate with a 4.6 GPA achieved through the Gifted classes here. We are so proud of our Covongton Lions!

Overall, my student, a freshman, blossomed after struggling and nearly failing the previous 8th grade year. Covington High has the opportunities for kids to find their niche and blossom into something wonderful, and my daughter went from almost failing to honor roll and top honors in several subjects. I couldn't be prouder of her and all that she's accomplished through CHS! Looking forward to 3 more wonderful years @ CHS.

My daughter just graduated from CHS and had a great 3 years there (transfer student). She graduated with honors and was involved in sports, clubs and student council. There are some great kids and teachers here. I often hear negative comments from people who have never set foot in this school. They are so wrong - this school does not receive the credit it deserves. If you are considering sending your child here, you will not be disappointed. Thank you to the teachers, students, and administration for providing my child with a wonderful high school experience. Go Lions!!!

Great school - offers a solid academic program as well as great sports program, clubs, and other student activities. My child has excelled here.

This school does not take bullying serious until there is a physical altercation. Unfortunately for my daughter, discipline for her tormentors is coming later than it should have.

Covington High is an amazing school with excellent teachers and wonderful students. My child was a transfer student from Mandeville High. CHS prepared my child well for college and I am forever thankful for all of her positive experiences while at CHS. I cannot get enough of this school and the spirit of the kids. The kids that attend CHS are beautiful children with so much charisma and love to share. Football games in Jack Salter stadium are the absolute best! The CHS band is amazing and talented beyond belief! I cannot say enough about the theatre and drama department! The talent Covington High students possess is unreal and exceeds expectations...I cannot believe the talented kids in this school! To the parents that are debating as to where to send their son or daughter for high school; hopefully you are lucky enough to live in the Covington High district so that your child can experience the true spirit of what a high school experience should be. Go Lions!!!

My daughter attends CHS and is enrolled in honors, AP and dual enrollment courses. The teachers are involved and motivate the students to succeed. There are a lot of clubs and sports for the students to participate in. The students that I have encountered are nice, respectful kids. I am tired of hearing negative comments from people who have no clue and tell us we should have enrolled in MHS. This school doesn't receive the respect it deserves. My daughter is getting an excellent education and has made many great friends here. She is challenged in her schoolwork and whenever she has questions or needs help with anything, the teachers have always been accessible. If you are contemplating sending your son or daughter here, you will not be disappointed. It is an older school so the facilities are not the most up to date.

My son has had a pleasant experiment at the high school so far. The building is outdated and the cafatetia doesn't have a computerized system, but as long as my son is learning and safe, I am pleased! There is a new principal who also seems to be very diligent in putting students and their learning first.

Covington High is a gem. The Teachers work well with the students and are willing to do whatever it takes to help students no matter how much time it takes. Ms. McCollum and the other Administrators are always out supporting the Groups, Teams and Organizations in their activities. There are more Plays and Dances than any other High School. This is the place to go if you want a future after school. College or Trade options for classes are offered. It is a Great School!

This was an awesome school! Academically Covington High greatly prepared me for College. After Graduating with a 4.0 I went on to Pre-Med where I maintained above a 3.5. Covington High has equipped me with the skills necessary to go out and concur the world. We may not be a private school. but we utilize what we are able to get and make the best of it!! Thank you Covington High for bringing out the best in me.

Last modified Covington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.