Covington, LA

Posted September 06, 2014
My school is the best jr high school I ever went to, the teachers are great and everything they do is great.

Posted February 28, 2013
William Pitcher Jr. High is the best school in the whole wide world. I loved it! I attended this school 7th and 8th grade. I wish I could go back. I miss it more and more everyday. I miss everything about it. Mainly the teachers; you could go to them for anything. They were a friend, teacher, and someone you looked up too. I miss the closeness of things. Everyone knew everyone and head each other's back. It helped getting activie in the school. I did volleyball, track, cheer, and softball. I was in NJHS and student counsil. People might have negitive stuff to say, but Pitcher is what you make it. You meet and get close to some really good people that stay with you through high school. Pitcher prepares you for high school as well. Pitcher Proud isn't just a slogan, it is who we are and what we belive in. It's not just a marroon shirt ans kakie shorts its a uniform that I proudly wore the best two years of my life. I will never forget cheering for the football players and basketball players, seeing all the fans cheer, seeing the moms in the crowd, listening to the proud band. Pitcher is in my heart forever.

William Pitcher Junior High School 1

Posted May 17, 2010
William Pitcher lacks many things. I have called numerous times and spoke to the principal about the lack of educational standards. I was told this matter would be handled immediately. Needless to say, the matter was not only NOT handled, it was swept under the rug. Teachers change grades to have the school rating higher than what it really is. Also, due dates are never taken seriously. The teachers seem to reward students for social interaction more than academic excellence. This school is a disgrace. I cannot wait until my children go to high school; although they will be very ill-prepared for 9-12 grade.

Posted November 15, 2009
Willy P is a good skool I liked going there. It was a fun skool & the teachers are really cool. The teachers there understand that you don't have to yell at the students for them to listen. You are suppose to be able to go to your teacher for anything. At PJH the teachers are there for you they are your teacher, parent, & friend. It's not a perfect skool we had our hard times but what skool doen't. I'm just really glad that I had the chance to go there and I really miss it.

William Pitcher Junior High School 0

Posted October 23, 2009
This school is the most horrible school ever. The my kids teachers are horrible,They dont help her,and she doesnt learn anything. I called about the there teacher and they didnt do anything about it. I am very dissipointed with this.

William Pitcher Junior High School 4

Posted May 25, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted January 03, 2008

William Pitcher Junior High School 4

Posted February 07, 2006
Pitcher Junior High is an awesome place to go to school at. I go to PJH and I am proud of my school. The parent envolment is very good. We have parents help with fundraisers, and other activities. PJH is also a safe learning environment for students and teachers. The extracurricular acticities include volleyball, basketball, cheerleading (which I am involved in) football, dance team, and many more. We have a foreign language class (spanish, physical ed., art, piano, chorus, and band. The students at PJH are smart, nice, and friendly. The teachers stay after school and take their wn time to make sure that the students are ready for tests, an dto help with homework. Pitcher is an excellent school and environment.

William Pitcher Junior High School
415 South Jefferson Avenue, Covington, LA  70433
Last modified William Pitcher Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Pitcher Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top