Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 17, 2016
I have a first grader at DSE and couldn't be happier with the school! The new principal has created a very cheerful, united staff, and great learning environment. My child receives Special Education services through speech therapy and the results have been amazing. I would recommend DSE to anyone.

Denham Springs Elementary School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 17, 2016
Thank you to Mrs.DeLee for creating such a positive environment for my child and his teachers!

Posted May 14, 2016
I wouldn't send a dog here. The teachers and the staff are very unprofessional. The teacher's look at you like you're nothing. The pre k teacher's aid is the worst, she wouldn't even let me in my son's class. The look she gave me was a look like I wasn't good enough to be there. On several occasions they have sent the wrong things home with my child that belonged to other kids, very personal information. And beware of the principal there! She's very rude and she doesn't mind putting her hands on you. Don't mind dealing with the school board either. They just take up for them and never follow up on situations. I would never deal with Livingston parish public schools ever! I guess you get what you pay for my child will be attending catholic school here on out.

Posted December 19, 2014
If it was possible to give zero stars, that's the rating I would give DSE. Teachers and principal are EXTREMELY unprofessional! LPSB should be EMBARRASSED that they allow these kinds of people to work in a school and especially with young children!! My student also came here for another school and this is an ABSOLUTE nightmare. My other children will NOT be attending this joke of a school. The teachers and staff do not know how to handle children and are constant looking to punish them. My student has so much anxiety when in school. They are always concerned about getting a mark or punish work. My child should not have anxiety at school and should NOT not want to go to school. Very very sad, and these people call themselves educators. The principal will lay it all on the line for a teacher, even if the teacher is in the wrong. Unprofessional doesn't even begin to explain his actions or behaviors. I think the schools main problem is the principal. Also, their is a communication problems between everyone at the school.

Posted October 28, 2014
My children transferred to DSE from Lewis Vincent Elementary in the middle of their 4th grade year. That was the worst mistake I have made as a parent to date. The principal is terrible. My youngest child is set to start school in the next few years and there isn't a chance he'll be attending DSE.

Posted April 12, 2014
My child attended for 4 years at this school. This year was a NIGHTMARE. The principal was rude and quite unprofessional on quite a few occasions, the teacher seemed totally uninterested in how my child was progressing. They were totally unaccomodating with my child being absent, even with dr excuses for every time she was out. To push the matter further, they let her fall so far behind that my only option was to pull her and send her to a different school. I am so upset that the school has gotten this bad. They really need to remove the principal and clean house.

Posted July 03, 2013
The 2012-2013 school year was my children's first year in the public school system and I am very pleased with the teachers and administration. My 1st grader started the school year very nervous, shy, and would get his feelings hurt very easily. Now, he is outgoing and ready to take on the world. My children are well behaved and have not had to do any punish work, but my son did have one recess taken away and it was deserved punishment. The school rewards good behavior in many ways such as good bahavior parties every nine weeks, the staff gives out tickets as rewards for good behavior that the children can save for special treats like getting to have free dress, crazy hair, popsicles, chips & drink, or wear sunglasses and/or hats. These programs are encouraging to the children and they try harder to behave. The children aren't allowed to speak in the hallways because there are classes going on that shouldn't be disrupted when children are changing classes, going to lunch, recess etc. The teachers and staff seem to genuinely care for the students and encourage parents to be involved. My children and I have been extremley happy with their new school and are excited for the new year.

Posted May 18, 2013
My daughter started DSE in the middle of a semester when we moved from being military to civlian. She has done amazingly well in the transition and Mr. Dimeri and the office staff and teachers have been very supportive and helpful. Not once have they lost their patience with my child who also has speech delay. School also encourages parents to get involved and are very encouraging to the students. Mr. Dimeri said he was very proud of all his students when he was doing award ceremonies this week! Great school and amazing staff!!

Posted March 22, 2013
Seeing the negative reviews about DSE made me sad! I have a 4th grader who has been there since she started school and a kindergartener who started there this year. I am also at the school several days a week, and I feel like I see a lot of "behind the scenes" things. The posts about the punishwork and lost recess don't mention all of the things they do to encourage GOOD behavior. Everyone on staff hands out "Denham Dollars" when they see a student doing something good, and then the students can redeem their "Denham Dollars" for extra fun stuff like popsicles or treats, not wearing their uniform for a day, or getting to wear a crazy hair-do, sunglasses, or a hat to school. They also have school-wide good behavior parties every 9-weeks for kids who haven't been in trouble, and special good character parties monthly for the students who best show that month's special character trait. We have never had a bad experience with any of the teachers or staff at DSE. The front office staff are always nice and welcoming, the principal and vice-principal seem to genuinely care about the students, and the teachers always seem to love what they do and love each of their students.

Denham Springs Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2013
WARNING: The principle of this school only cares about how the school appears to the public and his school grade. Recently I had a personal issue where I had to move to another school district. This happened after 6 months of my child attending this school. She came down with a terrible cold and was out of school for 4 days and returned with Dr.s excuses. He then called me and demanded a transfer. I was heartbroken over this and so was my child, she has been attending this school since the first grade and is now a fifth grader. All he had to do was be understanding and let her finish out the school year. He would never see my child again. I talked to the school board and without naming names was told specifically that the reason why he was doing this to my child was to save face. I don't know how many times I have walked into the school office and witnessed irate parents complaining about that school and their behavior towards our children. I recommend not sending your child to this school.

Denham Springs Elementary School
306 North Range Avenue, Denham Springs, LA  70726
Last modified Denham Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.