Posted October 28, 2014
My children transferred to DSE from Lewis Vincent Elementary in the middle of their 4th grade year. That was the worst mistake I have made as a parent to date. The principal is terrible. My youngest child is set to start school in the next few years and there isn't a chance he'll be attending DSE.

Posted April 12, 2014
My child attended for 4 years at this school. This year was a NIGHTMARE. The principal was rude and quite unprofessional on quite a few occasions, the teacher seemed totally uninterested in how my child was progressing. They were totally unaccomodating with my child being absent, even with dr excuses for every time she was out. To push the matter further, they let her fall so far behind that my only option was to pull her and send her to a different school. I am so upset that the school has gotten this bad. They really need to remove the principal and clean house.

Posted July 03, 2013
The 2012-2013 school year was my children's first year in the public school system and I am very pleased with the teachers and administration. My 1st grader started the school year very nervous, shy, and would get his feelings hurt very easily. Now, he is outgoing and ready to take on the world. My children are well behaved and have not had to do any punish work, but my son did have one recess taken away and it was deserved punishment. The school rewards good behavior in many ways such as good bahavior parties every nine weeks, the staff gives out tickets as rewards for good behavior that the children can save for special treats like getting to have free dress, crazy hair, popsicles, chips & drink, or wear sunglasses and/or hats. These programs are encouraging to the children and they try harder to behave. The children aren't allowed to speak in the hallways because there are classes going on that shouldn't be disrupted when children are changing classes, going to lunch, recess etc. The teachers and staff seem to genuinely care for the students and encourage parents to be involved. My children and I have been extremley happy with their new school and are excited for the new year.

Posted May 18, 2013
My daughter started DSE in the middle of a semester when we moved from being military to civlian. She has done amazingly well in the transition and Mr. Dimeri and the office staff and teachers have been very supportive and helpful. Not once have they lost their patience with my child who also has speech delay. School also encourages parents to get involved and are very encouraging to the students. Mr. Dimeri said he was very proud of all his students when he was doing award ceremonies this week! Great school and amazing staff!!

Posted March 22, 2013
Seeing the negative reviews about DSE made me sad! I have a 4th grader who has been there since she started school and a kindergartener who started there this year. I am also at the school several days a week, and I feel like I see a lot of "behind the scenes" things. The posts about the punishwork and lost recess don't mention all of the things they do to encourage GOOD behavior. Everyone on staff hands out "Denham Dollars" when they see a student doing something good, and then the students can redeem their "Denham Dollars" for extra fun stuff like popsicles or treats, not wearing their uniform for a day, or getting to wear a crazy hair-do, sunglasses, or a hat to school. They also have school-wide good behavior parties every 9-weeks for kids who haven't been in trouble, and special good character parties monthly for the students who best show that month's special character trait. We have never had a bad experience with any of the teachers or staff at DSE. The front office staff are always nice and welcoming, the principal and vice-principal seem to genuinely care about the students, and the teachers always seem to love what they do and love each of their students.

Denham Springs Elementary School 2

Posted February 01, 2013
WARNING: The principle of this school only cares about how the school appears to the public and his school grade. Recently I had a personal issue where I had to move to another school district. This happened after 6 months of my child attending this school. She came down with a terrible cold and was out of school for 4 days and returned with Dr.s excuses. He then called me and demanded a transfer. I was heartbroken over this and so was my child, she has been attending this school since the first grade and is now a fifth grader. All he had to do was be understanding and let her finish out the school year. He would never see my child again. I talked to the school board and without naming names was told specifically that the reason why he was doing this to my child was to save face. I don't know how many times I have walked into the school office and witnessed irate parents complaining about that school and their behavior towards our children. I recommend not sending your child to this school.

Posted September 25, 2012
My oldest son attended Denham Springs Elementary for 4 years and hated every year of it. The principal and staff is overly concerned with the appearance of things and not the needs of the individual children. Many of my friends who had children also attend this school all complained of the same things: too much punishbwork, too many recesses being taken from the children for punishments and the school was too military - they can't even talk in the lunchroom! After many obstacles, my husband and I felt it was best to take our child out of this school and pursue homeschooling. This was the best thing for our son and family. Several of my friends did the same, but I also know a couple families that actually moved out of the district!

Posted November 30, 2011
My daughter transferred to DSE a few years ago from Lewis Vincent Elem when we moved, and I can't even put into words how much of a difference it has made! She had a lot of trouble with her grades before and now she is an honor roll student. The teachers are wonderful and the office staff as well as the principle are so pleasant and kind. We couldn't be happier!

Posted December 02, 2009

Posted March 22, 2008
I have an autistic son that is in the Pre-K program here and I couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are wonderful as are the administrators. The truth is, I have never seen my son so happy until he started attending this school. He went to daycare in the past and would cry everytime we pulled into the parking lot and now that he is attending this school he gets on the bus with a huge smile on his face and waves goodbye to me. When he gets home all he talks about is going back! I thank God for this school and it has been a blessing in my son's life and anything that is a blessing for him is a blessing for me. Thanks Denham Springs Elementary!

Denham Springs Elementary School
306 North Range Avenue, Denham Springs, LA  70726
Last modified Denham Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Denham Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top