Destrehan, LA

Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2009
i love schoffner my child been there for 3 years and all her years she been there it was great

Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School 0

Posted October 24, 2008
I am amazed at what the teachers are doing with my child. He loves to read and for the first time in his life, he is reading chapter books for pleasure. We are only 3 months into the school year and he has already finished 4 books. Amazing!

Posted December 30, 2006

Posted July 13, 2005
My child has only gone to Schoffner 1 year, but it was an excellent experience for her. The teachers really get to know the children. They know when a child needs extra help or if a child is being picked on by another and resolve the issue right away. The Principal is wonderful, she makes each and every child feel like they are the best in the school. The music program is very good also. Overall this is a great school I am very pleased that my child had such a great year there. It was indeed a great learning experience.

Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School 3

Posted May 17, 2004
This school adheres to the Parish's emphasis on good education. Some teachers take the emphasis more seriously than others. It is good to hold students to high standards, some fifth grade teachers are way too serious for 5th graders. For the last two years the office staff has not changed. And it is a shame. The principal tries very hard and does a good job keeping everything running smoothly. A principal s job is never easy or very appreciated. She deserves much praise. The school has a PTO which is run by the usual click of parents. Since the organization isn t a PTA they have no guiding documents such as by-laws nor are they incorporated. They use the usual we can save money debate to not be a PTA which would give more benefits to the school, parents and students.

Posted April 28, 2004

Posted October 06, 2003
I have two children at Schoeffner. One that school comes easy to and another that struggles. I'm extremely pleased with the education they are receiving. We moved to St. Charles Parish ten years agao so our children could go to school here and we won't move for the same reason. At Schoeffner your child will get the best education possible. I would put Schoeffner up against any school out there, public or private, and be confident Schoeffner would rise to the top!

Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School
140 Plantation Road, Destrehan, LA  70047
Last modified Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ethel Schoeffner Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top