Bad
Good

Very good education. The students can be cruel but that's most kids. They are very strict and don't tolerate messing around.Most of the staff is nice, and they do their job although there are some office workers that need improvement. If you're looking for a serious school then this is it for you.

My daughter is a 7th grsder at DMS, there are some really good teachers at a time does town middle school but as for the extra curricular activities I agree with another parent I feel that uh my daughter is discriminated against therefore she's not a chosen to play the extra of activities for teens and also another problem that I have is that the students are cruel and it does take up a lot of action to get something done at the school.

My family and I moved to Prairieville right after Katrina. I am proud to say that I am satisifed with Dutchtown Middle for my son who's been at the school for 3 years. The only problem I have with the school is that when it comes to their selection of extra curriculum activities. My son is currently and 3.8 and I feel he has been penalized and not selected in the sports field because he is an outsider coming from New Orleans. Believe me my family and are not from the 9th ward we are hard working tax paing citizens that's paying taxes in Ascension Parish. However, we are not moving back to New Orleans. Also I wish that the school board could have outside help when it comes to their selection in chosing the kids for the extra curriculum activities.

My family moved to Dutchtown in 2008 and I enrolled my kids in DMS. I truly regret that decision now. Academically it is strong- Teacher qualifications and quality is excellent. Teachers genuinely go out of their way to help students. However I grade DMS as average due to poor student discipline policy. Administration takes a timid attitude to reports of bullying or intimidation. My experience is that it takes several attempts to get Administration to do anything re: behavioural problems. Because it is a public school the zero tolerance policy in the handbook does'nt hold water. Student offenders get suspended but are soon back in class with their victims. In my view this school needs to take a hard look at the environment they are cultivating. If they could weed the disruptive students out the stars would shine brightly. If your child is emotionally strong he/she will survive at DMS.

i love Dutchtown Middle School! its the best schohl everr!!! i love eagles!!!

Moving to Baton Rouge just after Hurricane Katrina's aftermath, we didn't know what school to enter our sixth grade son into for the remainder of his year. We came from St. Louis, Missouri's Rockwood School District and felt it would be hard to top that public school system. We have been very pleased with Dutchtown Middle School, especially the attitudes and personalities of the teaching staff. The teachers are innovative and encouraging. Coming from a school with exceptional academic programs and extracurricular activities, we have had to adjust to somewhat less quantity, but the quality of what exists at Dutchtown is wonderful. My son has enjoyed his school days spent at Dutchtown.

Last modified Dutchtown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.