Geismar, LA

Dutchtown Middle School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
My daughter is a 7th grsder at DMS, there are some really good teachers at a time does town middle school but as for the extra curricular activities I agree with another parent I feel that uh my daughter is discriminated against therefore she's not a chosen to play the extra of activities for teens and also another problem that I have is that the students are cruel and it does take up a lot of action to get something done at the school.

Dutchtown Middle School 4

Posted April 07, 2009
My family and I moved to Prairieville right after Katrina. I am proud to say that I am satisifed with Dutchtown Middle for my son who's been at the school for 3 years. The only problem I have with the school is that when it comes to their selection of extra curriculum activities. My son is currently and 3.8 and I feel he has been penalized and not selected in the sports field because he is an outsider coming from New Orleans. Believe me my family and are not from the 9th ward we are hard working tax paing citizens that's paying taxes in Ascension Parish. However, we are not moving back to New Orleans. Also I wish that the school board could have outside help when it comes to their selection in chosing the kids for the extra curriculum activities.

Dutchtown Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2009

Dutchtown Middle School 3

Posted March 02, 2009
My family moved to Dutchtown in 2008 and I enrolled my kids in DMS. I truly regret that decision now. Academically it is strong- Teacher qualifications and quality is excellent. Teachers genuinely go out of their way to help students. However I grade DMS as average due to poor student discipline policy. Administration takes a timid attitude to reports of bullying or intimidation. My experience is that it takes several attempts to get Administration to do anything re: behavioural problems. Because it is a public school the zero tolerance policy in the handbook does'nt hold water. Student offenders get suspended but are soon back in class with their victims. In my view this school needs to take a hard look at the environment they are cultivating. If they could weed the disruptive students out the stars would shine brightly. If your child is emotionally strong he/she will survive at DMS.

Dutchtown Middle School 4

Posted August 07, 2007
- a staff

Dutchtown Middle School
13078 Louisiana 73, Geismar, LA  70734
Last modified Dutchtown Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutchtown Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top