Geismar, LA

Dutchtown Primary School 1

Posted February 10, 2015
My children started at Dutchtown school in the Fall of 2013. Since the beginning there have been numerous problems. They act as if you should know how everything runs and all the rule of the district; however if you are new and from another State, you do not grow up in the system, and therefore would need guidance. This parish is much different as well as the curriculum from where my children come from, so some understanding and communication while my children learn the system would have been appreciated. I also do not think that if there is an issue with a child that it should be sent home in a note or conduct card. They need to call the parent FIRST, so we can discuss. If I ran a business like this school is run, I would not have a business.

Dutchtown Primary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My kids don't go here yet but my nieces and nephew does! They rave about Dutch town all the time to me. Mainly it's better then their old school ( which their cousins are in now ) hopefully I will get my kids to this school soon!

Posted January 05, 2014
A great school with caring teachers! My granddaughter loves all of her teachers. She reads very well and it appears that she is getting a very strong foundation in all areas. Thank you teachers!

Posted October 12, 2013
Definitely Dutchtown School is one of the best schools I know, great teachers, excellent administration , as parents we are happy that our child is receiving education in one of the best schools in Louisiana, thank you very much and keep going, Congratulation! Definitivamente Dutchtown School es una de las mejores escuelas que conozco, excelentes maestras y muy bien dirigida con una excelente administracion. Estamos muy felices que mi hijo este recibiendo educacion en una de las mejores escuelas de Louisiana. Muchas gracias y sigan adelante, Felicitaciones!

Posted May 17, 2013
I have been very happy with our children's experience at Dutchtown Primary. We have two children (1st and 5th grade) and just moved to the area a little over a year ago from out of state. They are both bright students and we were worried that they would not feel challenged enough (lets face facts, Louisiana is not known for its educational institutions) but there are diamonds in the rough out there and Dutchtown is one of them. They truly deserve their A+ rating from the state. If you are considering a move to the Baton Rouge area and are concerned about schools, Ascension Parish is a great place to look. We are big proponents of public schools and while Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish schools are trying to work through the pains of falling test scores, discipline issues, and other large district problems, Ascension Parish (just to the south) and the schools in Prarieville and Dutchtown continue to improve on the success they have already established.

Posted September 07, 2010
I cannot say enough great things about this school the principal/school leadership truly cares about the students. Keep up the good work!!

Posted May 27, 2009
My grandchildren attended Dutchtown Primary this year after previous years in Texas. We are all very happy with the school. There is a great administration, terrific and caring teachers, and very involved parents. I visited frequently for lunch and to help with activities, and I rate this school very highly.

Posted September 25, 2006
Both my Children and our Family just moved into Ascension Parish about 2 months ago. We moved from Houston Texas, my Children were in the Clear Lake Independent School District. We are very happy so far with the way the kids have adapted to the new school(Dutchtown Primary). They like there Teachers and have made several new friends. There is P.E available everyday, my Children moved from a school where they only had P.E every 3rd day. All the children wear a school uniform, which I am a huge fan of. It took my kids some getting used to. The parent involvement is high. I have volunteered in several activities that will be taking place over the next several months. My kids Teachers seem to have the best interest of the kids in mind. I have been several times for Lunch, and have been acknowledged by Teachers and Faculty.

Posted November 08, 2005
My son is in Kindergarten at Dutchtown Primary in Ms. Carol Griffin's class. He has excelled since he has been at Dutchtown Primary and I am continually pleased with each new day. The schools in the State of Louisiana seem to get a bad reputation but I do not believe that can be said about the teachers and staff at Dutchtown Primary. My son is excelling in reading and math and even learning basic Spanish! Way to go!

Dutchtown Primary School

Posted July 07, 2004
My son went to Dutchtown Primary during the 2001-2002 school year (Kindergarten), the following year he went to Duplessis for 1st grade. Both of these schools were excellent. He was taught and learned so much. I have often heard how terrible the schools are in LA but cannot agree with that statement. We are now living in Kansas and were told when we moved here how great the schools were, unfortunately this has turned out to be false. The things he had learned in Kindergarten and Grade 1 in LA, he was now learning again in Grade 2. This is so frustrating, needless to say we miss our Louisiana schools and thank you Mrs. Griffin (Dutchtown) and Mrs. Nesbitt (Duplessis) for being such progressive and awesome teachers to my child.

Dutchtown Primary School
13046 Louisiana 73, Geismar, LA  70734
Last modified Dutchtown Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutchtown Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top