Geismar, LA

Dutchtown Primary School 1

Posted February 10, 2015
My children started at Dutchtown school in the Fall of 2013. Since the beginning there have been numerous problems. They act as if you should know how everything runs and all the rule of the district; however if you are new and from another State, you do not grow up in the system, and therefore would need guidance. This parish is much different as well as the curriculum from where my children come from, so some understanding and communication while my children learn the system would have been appreciated. I also do not think that if there is an issue with a child that it should be sent home in a note or conduct card. They need to call the parent FIRST, so we can discuss. If I ran a business like this school is run, I would not have a business.

Dutchtown Primary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
My kids don't go here yet but my nieces and nephew does! They rave about Dutch town all the time to me. Mainly it's better then their old school ( which their cousins are in now ) hopefully I will get my kids to this school soon!

Posted January 05, 2014
A great school with caring teachers! My granddaughter loves all of her teachers. She reads very well and it appears that she is getting a very strong foundation in all areas. Thank you teachers!

Posted October 12, 2013
Definitely Dutchtown School is one of the best schools I know, great teachers, excellent administration , as parents we are happy that our child is receiving education in one of the best schools in Louisiana, thank you very much and keep going, Congratulation! Definitivamente Dutchtown School es una de las mejores escuelas que conozco, excelentes maestras y muy bien dirigida con una excelente administracion. Estamos muy felices que mi hijo este recibiendo educacion en una de las mejores escuelas de Louisiana. Muchas gracias y sigan adelante, Felicitaciones!

Posted May 17, 2013
I have been very happy with our children's experience at Dutchtown Primary. We have two children (1st and 5th grade) and just moved to the area a little over a year ago from out of state. They are both bright students and we were worried that they would not feel challenged enough (lets face facts, Louisiana is not known for its educational institutions) but there are diamonds in the rough out there and Dutchtown is one of them. They truly deserve their A+ rating from the state. If you are considering a move to the Baton Rouge area and are concerned about schools, Ascension Parish is a great place to look. We are big proponents of public schools and while Baton Rouge and East Baton Rouge Parish schools are trying to work through the pains of falling test scores, discipline issues, and other large district problems, Ascension Parish (just to the south) and the schools in Prarieville and Dutchtown continue to improve on the success they have already established.

Posted September 07, 2010
I cannot say enough great things about this school the principal/school leadership truly cares about the students. Keep up the good work!!

Posted May 27, 2009
My grandchildren attended Dutchtown Primary this year after previous years in Texas. We are all very happy with the school. There is a great administration, terrific and caring teachers, and very involved parents. I visited frequently for lunch and to help with activities, and I rate this school very highly.

Posted December 13, 2007

Dutchtown Primary School 3

Posted October 23, 2007

Posted August 13, 2007

Dutchtown Primary School
13046 Louisiana 73, Geismar, LA  70734
Last modified Dutchtown Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dutchtown Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top