Gonzales, LA

Posted May 08, 2014
What a terrible place. The principal does not care about most of the students, only the ones whose parents are up her behind. A lot of the students definitely do not exemplify what the Catholic faith is about. They talk about drugs, sex, bullying on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. and the administration or their parents have no clue and don't care. There is a serious culture problem going on there and a change in leadership needs to be addressed immediately. I pray for the good kids at St. Theresa and hope they can survive the bullying, not just from other students, but also from the administration. I wish I could give less than one star.

Posted January 18, 2014
I am at East Ascension High School at the moment, and all I have to say about this school is that (unless it is involving Religious school, then, slightly less so...) it was, AND IS, the worst of the worst, the baddest of the bad, and the teachers were, and most likely are, just like the demons from fantasia... They can rip your soul out with a spoon... If you were to ask me about it, I would simply say, "I switched schools for a reason." I mean, this is supposed to be a religious school, but, instead, it seems to be run by evil DEMONS.... The staff are, and were, mean, the students were rude, and the teacher will not do anything about it. And I suffered this in pre-k... PRE-K!!! So if I had an equivalent name for this school, it would be "evil" or "the opposite of heaven".

Posted October 04, 2013
The administration at St. Theresa does not care about the student's well-being. Their #1 goal is to CYA. They are incompetent, ignorant of their own policies, and only look to protect themselves. There is no way this administration should be involved in education. Just a miserable place for my child to attend and am glad we are no longer involved there. Good riddance!

Posted July 21, 2013
after being a student at STA......... i was a student at sta and it was almost like a prison. the administration sucks, the school looks even worse than public schools, and their mission statement was wrong because it said "the mission at st john primary and st theresa school is to serve one another thru catholic values to strive for spiritual growth and academic excellence." those words meant nothing to the administration. the teachers would talk to each other instead of watching the kids at recess. people curse all the time and play with their phones in class and the teachers don't mind. i felt like i was the only good student there and that's why i had to leave.

Posted September 01, 2012
I absolutely loved the Catholic atmosphere of St. Theresa School. While attending St. Theresa, my class and I were as close as family! I felt so well-prepared when I began attending a prestigious high school! As a student, I always felt 100% comfortable when approaching my teachers and asking for help. The Home and School Association allows parents to play an active role in their child's school life. Thank you, St. Theresa. I will forever be a STA Warrior at heart.

St. Theresa Middle School 4

Posted January 19, 2011
After graduating from St. Theresa, I can say that it has changed me for the better. I loved going to school, seeing friends and teachers, and interacting in class. The teachers always put their pupils first, and were never unwilling to make reasonable arrangements to make their students comfortable in any way possible. The students are raised, also, with grace and politeness that most Catholic Schools train their kids with. Although there are some minor improvements that could be made, St. Theresa of Avila is an amazing school that am and will always be proud to call my Alma mater.

Posted February 27, 2009
Very caring; great kids, great families; great staff. My son loves this school and is learning so much!

Posted November 21, 2007

St. Theresa Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2007
My only complaint - no Gifted/Talented programs for students that excel in certain areas.

Posted January 09, 2006
St. Theresa of Avila has been a blessing to our family. My son is in the 4th grade and loves going to school. Each day he has something to look forward to whether it's as simple as PE or as special as a magic show. The confidence and self pride that he has developed in his 5 years at STA makes this mom smile. Most of the teachers are fair and kind and none that I have interacted with are unwilling to listen to a parent concern. The administrative staff are top notch and have our kids best interest at heart at all times. Our family has developed some close and lasting friendships through the extracuricular activites and parental involvement encouraged by the school ie: bingo night, cub scouts, burger king / brewbachers night and many more.

St. Theresa Middle School
212 East New River Street, Gonzales, LA  70737
Last modified St. Theresa Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 4-8
St. Theresa Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top