Bad
Good

This year has been great!! My daughter struggled at first but with the extra help from the teachers and staff at Duplessis she's getting on track.

The teachers work really well with the students. I believe they have that "leave no student behind" mind frame. Also, the students seem to be really disciplined.

My son is 8 years old. and he goes to this school. this is a awesome school. they really seem to care about the kids. the teachers are greta. i give it 5 stars..thanks

Duplessis is a wonderful school, the staff is unbelievable!! The most caring and nurturing I have ever seen in a school. Teachers who care about the kids, and are not only teachers, but counselors, nurses, therapists, you name it and that is their role. People think that a teachers job is the easiest, but I can promise you it is not. I have been substituting there for 3 years now, and I see how hard a teachers job really is. Teachers should be more praised, and definently have a better salary!!!!!Go Duplessis!!! Hope you all win!!!

I have 2 children in this school, one is in special education. They really work with him and do their best to help him. The teachers and faculty really seam to care about the children's education. In my experience, they really try to work out any problems and make it feel like a team effort.

I am a parent of a kindergartener and I love it. He is reading on a 1st grade level in kindergarten. His teacher keeps me informed of what is going on in her class as well as my son's performance and behavior. Duplessis is a really great school. I have a nephew that started recently and he is performing better than he was at his old school. Now he enjoys going to school every day.

I am a parent of two students at Duplessis. I find that the administration is unorganized and unprepared to handle new challenges. The administration becomes defensive when parents ask for simple clarification on school policies and practices. It is also difficult to get the vice principals to return phone calls. I find that my children course work is behind what they were doing a year ago at another school. The homework is repetitive, mundane and does not inspire the children to learn. I attended a parent teacher conference and asked basic educational questions about the curriculum and each time the teacher shrugged her shoulders and said, I don t know to every question. I am also finding instances where the school staff is not aware of what the parish policy is. I find the school frustrating. My children are excelling at Duplessis only because of the education they have received elsewhere.

January 2007 My son has been attending Duplessis since Kdg. This school and its teachers are wonderful. They truely care about the students and thier welfare. This has got to be Gonzales' #1 school. Thank you Duplessis !!!

Last modified Duplessis Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.