8-12|Private

Bad
Good

What I like most about the school is that it is pretty small and you become pretty close to your classmates as opposed to public schools, which have more people. I also love the lunches there. The teachers make an effort to try to educate you and are very nice. Although there are many reasons why I love this school, there are also reasons why I left. Half of the teachers there do not have degrees in the subject they taught. That made me question whether it was best for me to stay there if there was not people there who were qualified to teach me. Bullying is also very evident in the school despite the school being CHRISTIAN, not very Christ-like if you ask me.This school also is not as challenging as it should be. I, along with many other people, found it incredibly easy to pass most of the classes. There is a slim chance I would recommend this school to anyone.

ACH As a service to all parents we feel it imperative to share our experience at Ascension Christian High. Our child was an honor student at this school and was expelled because her father questioned the Superintendent/Principle about the bulling policy of the school. We were told that it had been addressed and taken care of only to have it happen again only hours after our discussion with the administration. Upon expulsion we were told that the reason our child was expelled was because we, not the child, didn t follow school policy. The policy is to Trust and agree with whatever the Superintendent says it is a very gray area and not even written in the policy s. For a parent to question a situation to a school administrator and this happen is unheard of. Trust is something that is earned and not blindly given to anyone who is responsible for the wellbeing of our children. Beware, if you have an issue they are extremely hard to approach on issues they feel they have in hand. Bulling does happen at this school and they have had Ascension Parish Sherif Officers to address the student body, of course after we had left this school. God Bless

My son went to this school. Excellent school that was challenging. Prepared him very well. Excellent staff and principals. Highly recommended.

Unlike the other review of this school, I believe this school is one of the best. My child is doing 10 times better than they have at their old public school. The teachers are not rude so to say, they care more about the child learning other than if the student likes them or not. This school does not only care about the sports, they are just trying to build extra activities for the students to be evolved in. Is that so wrong? No. They are a really new school to this community and are trying to build themselves up. It is going to take some time before their Football team to improve, all great athletes start somewhere. i hope you all know that their volleyball team made it all the way to state, and so did their tennis team. overall, I think this is a really good school and is worth the money you pay for it.

ACH is the worst school in this state. They brain wash you into believing you're entering a great program and everything will be great, but the academics are terrible. The teachers were rude and some didnt even have degrees in the subject they taught. The school is so focused on athletics that every other aspect is lost, which is funny because the athletics are just as bad than the academics. For the money you pay to go to a private school there should be a way to talk to the principal about problems but he was always "too busy", also funny because how busy can you be?- the school has less than 200 kids. The kids are Extremely cliquish and bullying is common. Wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Ascension Christian High School is a Private school that serves grades 8-12