G. W. Carver Primary School 3

Posted April 23, 2013
At first I had a rough go with G.W. Carver, being my child needed additional classes and they did not offer the same curriculum. We moved from a "B" rated school and Carver was a "D" rated school which meant my child had to work harder to strive. I did everything in my power to make sure he did not sink. I made sure I stayed on top of everything, emails, text, phone calls, principals, facilitators and I had to purchase a tutor out of pocket. There need to be more extra activities for students like my chid. After school tutoring, educational workshops, etc. But above all we are currently doing good, my child has improved drastically and with God's continuded help we will pass and exceed to the next grade level.

G. W. Carver Primary School 4

Posted July 17, 2012
My children are receiving a good foundation here. I do see where the administration increases effort to help students in need of extra reinforcement. With regard to the new leadership, it is vexing to see a new face in that position every other year. On another note, the manner in which they carve the school zone is also of concern. G. W. Carver is a great school and the staff has passion!

G. W. Carver Primary School 1

Posted August 11, 2010
The staff at Carver is very unprofessional and can be found laughing and gossiping with their time. Very few teachers are great at Carver because the great ones always leave this school. Most teacher's there actually speak like they are from the ghetto, do their job like they work at the DMV, and talk to children in a manner that does not build self-esteem. Carver has a positive behavior program, but it's obvious some teacher's there are not being trained, monitored or taking the program seriously. The school has a prison feel to it. The principals usually do not return calls or take parents seriously when concerns arise. The principal does not create an environment that encourages parent involvement.

G. W. Carver Primary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
they are really about trying to get all their children to succeed and be capable in all aspects of life

G. W. Carver Primary School 2

Posted May 15, 2009

G. W. Carver Primary School 5

Posted January 29, 2009

G. W. Carver Primary School 1

Posted February 11, 2008

G. W. Carver Primary School 0

Posted January 28, 2004
I find the curriculum of my granddaughter in 1st grade daunting. In the middle of the 1st grade when these children are just learning to read and write, they are teaching things like parts of speech, verb tense etc. While a learning plan that challenges the children is to be commended, one that has a 6 year old stressing out at the end of every day seems to me to be going a bit overboard. While neither my granddaughter, daughter nor myself are ignorant, it should be understood that this is not a school for MENSA children and I think the pace is too rapid. Also, about the homework, many of the papers sent home have no written instructions and the examples on the page are very ambiguous and generally do not cover all the different scenarios that require answers. On a couple of ocassions, my granddaughter has returned the next day with homework marked wrong because both her mother and myself interpreted the example incorrectly. I realize the students are given verbal instructions in class but, come on, these are very young children and remembering how to do these exercises after they get home when the paper itself is so vague is very hard. Better instructions sent home and a reduction in the amount of homework required each day at this beginning level of education would be a viable solution.

G. W. Carver Primary School 5

Posted August 25, 2003
I have taken my children from a private school to GW Carver and cant explain how excited and pleased I am to see how much the teachers helped them to trasfer nicely. Even the kids love it!

G. W. Carver Primary School
518 West Oak Street, Gonzales, LA  70737
Last modified G. W. Carver Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
G. W. Carver Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top