Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The great teachers are overshadowed by the teachers who just think they are "it" and are just disrespectful.

The administration is HORRIBLE! So much favoritism is shown towards specific teachers by the administration, and not to mention certain administrators are barely at school to be in contact with parents or students. Test preparation is also horrendous (with very little exception). Only a handful of classes are true to what the class is called (AP Classes). The administration is in dire need of reconstructing because it is just a mess, it is unfair, and shows so much favoritism it cannot be denied!

I think EA or Big Blue is one of the best school in Ascension parish. I have two kid that go there a senior and a freshmen they both love their teacher and the staff. EA is a school full of pride,I think that's great. Love EA.

EA is a school with great camaraderie, great programs for kids to get involved in, great teachers and staff and if I had a choice to send my child to any of the other two local HS's ~ I wouldn't ........ EA is dedicated to Excellence and it has shown time and time again

An awesome school with great traditions. Our parish is always trying to make education better. Would be great for upgrades.

I think the school is going through a dramatic change with the re-district and everything. It needs time to situatate itself. Teachers and staff are trying to make helpful programs for our personal problems and education. We are always called the 'inner-city' school, but every school has a reputation and we just get targeted when something bad happens. I think the great teachers and friends makes it a good experience and I learn something new everyday.

As a former EA Student class of '05, as well as having two younger brothers that attend the school now, and a Mother, Aunt, Uncle and Many Cousins that attended the School, I know that this is by far one of the best schools. The Teachers are extremely dedicated to what they do. The School Sprit is extremely upbeat. We many not have one of the top football teams but we are behind them 100%. School has recently received a face lift which it really needed I mean the school is 43 years old after all, one of the oldest schools in the district. We always get a bad name but I think that out of the schools in the APSB we are by far the best. I mean how many time have you heard about something bad happening at EA. I love this school! Go Big Blue!

I am very happy with my son at East Ascension High School. The faculty is second to none.

This school was wonderful before the APSB decided to begin changing the district lines. Nice people but 'school in decline'

I found the Ascension school district disjointed and corrupt. EA has become a 'dumping ground' as district lines are drawn to weed out 'undesirables' from other schools in the area. It is disgraceful and if not illegal, certainly unethical. The people of EA are nice and simply victims of this corruption. EA has an abundance of school pride and sports are a priority . Statistically EA is on the decline academically. New leadership is needed to deal with a corrupt district and inspire the teachers, students, and parents of EA to love learning.

Last modified East Ascension High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.