Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 21, 2016
Respect for the school and its administration is actually lost as they do not treat all students fairly and the administration is very non-receptive to student opinions.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 21, 2016
The great teachers are overshadowed by the teachers who just think they are "it" and are just disrespectful.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted March 21, 2016
To put a sarcastic spin, students are taught that you have to continually seek out administration to be heard because they will continually turn you away until you tire them out!

East Ascension High School 1

Posted March 21, 2016
The administration is HORRIBLE! So much favoritism is shown towards specific teachers by the administration, and not to mention certain administrators are barely at school to be in contact with parents or students. Test preparation is also horrendous (with very little exception). Only a handful of classes are true to what the class is called (AP Classes). The administration is in dire need of reconstructing because it is just a mess, it is unfair, and shows so much favoritism it cannot be denied!

Posted April 02, 2014
I think EA or Big Blue is one of the best school in Ascension parish. I have two kid that go there a senior and a freshmen they both love their teacher and the staff. EA is a school full of pride,I think that's great. Love EA.

Posted September 17, 2013
EA is a school with great camaraderie, great programs for kids to get involved in, great teachers and staff and if I had a choice to send my child to any of the other two local HS's ~ I wouldn't ........ EA is dedicated to Excellence and it has shown time and time again

Posted November 03, 2009
An awesome school with great traditions. Our parish is always trying to make education better. Would be great for upgrades.

Posted February 18, 2009
I think the school is going through a dramatic change with the re-district and everything. It needs time to situatate itself. Teachers and staff are trying to make helpful programs for our personal problems and education. We are always called the 'inner-city' school, but every school has a reputation and we just get targeted when something bad happens. I think the great teachers and friends makes it a good experience and I learn something new everyday.

Posted January 13, 2009
As a former EA Student class of '05, as well as having two younger brothers that attend the school now, and a Mother, Aunt, Uncle and Many Cousins that attended the School, I know that this is by far one of the best schools. The Teachers are extremely dedicated to what they do. The School Sprit is extremely upbeat. We many not have one of the top football teams but we are behind them 100%. School has recently received a face lift which it really needed I mean the school is 43 years old after all, one of the oldest schools in the district. We always get a bad name but I think that out of the schools in the APSB we are by far the best. I mean how many time have you heard about something bad happening at EA. I love this school! Go Big Blue!

Posted August 18, 2008
I am very happy with my son at East Ascension High School. The faculty is second to none.

612 East Worthy Street, Gonzales, LA  70737
Last modified East Ascension High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.