Gonzales, LA
Students enrolled: 1,651

Posted April 02, 2014
I think EA or Big Blue is one of the best school in Ascension parish. I have two kid that go there a senior and a freshmen they both love their teacher and the staff. EA is a school full of pride,I think that's great. Love EA.

Posted September 17, 2013
EA is a school with great camaraderie, great programs for kids to get involved in, great teachers and staff and if I had a choice to send my child to any of the other two local HS's ~ I wouldn't ........ EA is dedicated to Excellence and it has shown time and time again

Posted November 03, 2009
An awesome school with great traditions. Our parish is always trying to make education better. Would be great for upgrades.

Posted February 18, 2009
I think the school is going through a dramatic change with the re-district and everything. It needs time to situatate itself. Teachers and staff are trying to make helpful programs for our personal problems and education. We are always called the 'inner-city' school, but every school has a reputation and we just get targeted when something bad happens. I think the great teachers and friends makes it a good experience and I learn something new everyday.

Posted January 13, 2009
As a former EA Student class of '05, as well as having two younger brothers that attend the school now, and a Mother, Aunt, Uncle and Many Cousins that attended the School, I know that this is by far one of the best schools. The Teachers are extremely dedicated to what they do. The School Sprit is extremely upbeat. We many not have one of the top football teams but we are behind them 100%. School has recently received a face lift which it really needed I mean the school is 43 years old after all, one of the oldest schools in the district. We always get a bad name but I think that out of the schools in the APSB we are by far the best. I mean how many time have you heard about something bad happening at EA. I love this school! Go Big Blue!

Posted August 18, 2008
I am very happy with my son at East Ascension High School. The faculty is second to none.

East Ascension High School 2

Posted May 02, 2008
This school was wonderful before the APSB decided to begin changing the district lines. Nice people but 'school in decline'

East Ascension High School 2

Posted March 23, 2008
I found the Ascension school district disjointed and corrupt. EA has become a 'dumping ground' as district lines are drawn to weed out 'undesirables' from other schools in the area. It is disgraceful and if not illegal, certainly unethical. The people of EA are nice and simply victims of this corruption. EA has an abundance of school pride and sports are a priority . Statistically EA is on the decline academically. New leadership is needed to deal with a corrupt district and inspire the teachers, students, and parents of EA to love learning.

East Ascension High School 5

Posted October 10, 2007
this school is the best my son ever when to

East Ascension High School 5

Posted July 17, 2007
I love this school. Im gonna miss it so much. We had alot of fun there and also learned alot, not only book smarts but everyday knowledge and things that we would use now and in the future. The teachers are great and are really helpful.

612 East Worthy Street, Gonzales, LA  70737
Last modified East Ascension High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Ascension High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top