Posted July 16, 2013
My child will start 2nd grade this year at Gonzales Primary. As I read the other reviews, I am in shock as to what some of the other parents had to say. I have nothing but great things to say about this school. My child has been attending here since Kindergarten & we have never had any problems whatsoever. The teachers and office staff have always been extremely helpful, understanding & accomodating. We have never had problems with other students. I have shown up several times unexpectedly and the kids are always on their best behavior. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to send my child to this school!

Gonzales Primary School 1

Posted May 21, 2013
i am a student. in my time at gonzales middle school, teachers and students were the MEANEST. the principal used to paddle me a lot of my time there at gonzales middle school. the good things about school back then, for me was recess, P.E., and the library; my only safe havens. but still, that was a long time ago, so it should be better. so, I would say to give it a try.

Posted October 11, 2012
My child has attended Gonzales Primary since Pre-K and is now in 3rd grade. I am amazed at the reviews I have read. I have never had any issues with education, violance, racial discrimination, nor any form of misconduct from any teachers or students. The staff at Gonzales Primary is loving and caring. They do their jobs and it is left to the parents to carry out discipline, teaching proper conduct, and continuing education at home. Parents have to remember these are teachers with class sizes of, on average, 20 students. It is not the teacher's responsibility to "raise" these children, they are there to give them proper education. Overall, I think this school is amazing.

Gonzales Primary School 1

Posted January 12, 2012
I have to agree with the first review. This school has HUGE racial issues. My son was bullied, hit, spit on, etc. etc. Not only this the level of education was stunningly lacking because they have to pander to the lowest level and not the highest. Also this school last school year did not have a SINGLE student to score in the advanced level on the leap exam. They score a D- on the school score board. I took my child out and have sacrificed MUCH to send him to private school. The two teachers he did have were wonderful. The staff in the office for the most part is great. Especially the V.P. However, the overwhelming atmosphere at the school is not conducive to learning.

Gonzales Primary School 2

Posted May 09, 2011
This school has HUGE racial issues. The classes are not only unequally balanced in race but gender also. Fighting, foul language, inappropriate topic of discussion between student and lack of discipline in the classroom are HUGE problems at this school . NOT a good school for caucasian children. They are bullied and teased on a regular basis BOTH in the classroom and on the bus with little to NOTHING can be done by the administration or the entire student body would be in ISSP or expelled. The APBS needs to do away with this school and dispurse its attendence among other schools.

Posted May 29, 2010
All of these reviews are at least 3 years old, so I thought I'd share an update :) I interviewed with a very nice administrator from Gonzales Primary School and learned a few things that have changed. The first aspect mentioned was that the number of students has gone down to about half of what they used to have, improving student behavior as a whole. The school also follows the PBS (Positive Behavior Support) model, which is district wide. Those that attend the school apparently love it and, in fact, some parents from private schools have transferred their children to Gonzales Primary. I had a great experience at the interview and enjoyed the thought provoking interview questions.

Gonzales Primary School 5

Posted September 19, 2008

Gonzales Primary School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
As a parent of a student whom has been enrolled at GPS for the 4th year, i can agree with most of what the other parents have stated. The school is in great need of parents who are concered about how their children behave while at school, they don't & it shows. There is too much voilence. If i could my kid would go to private school. there to collect a salary, not to teach, not to Guide

Gonzales Primary School 5

Posted October 15, 2007

Gonzales Primary School 2

Posted April 12, 2007
Gonzales Primary School is much too large of a school. It is very difficult to find your way around while visiting. The teachers did not seem to be very welcoming for parent visits. It was extremely difficult to set up a conference even when my schedule was extremely flexible. The teachers seem very 'clique-ish' and do not always treat their colleagues with respect, which is not a prime example for our children. The administration is not welcoming at all hence the reason for a lack of parent involvement. Open your doors & hearts and you'll get involved families.

Gonzales Primary School
521 North Burnside Avenue, Gonzales, LA  70737
Last modified Gonzales Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gonzales Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.