PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have to say that I am so glad that this school stands their grounds when expelling a child (no matter what age) for being disrespectful, bulling, etc. This may sound harsh but I do not want my child to be associated with a child that the majority of the time learns from their parents (which I do have to say even at a Catholic school leaves me speechless the way some of these parents are..explaining why the child has issues). We pay good money for this school not only to assure the best education offered to my child but also to strengthen and enhance my child's faith in God. It doesn't matter how much money you have, who you know, etc what matters is that no child should be allowed in a Christian school with behavior like this. You have my support and blessings for the recent incident (right in the begaining of the school year). I think the off the wall parents are to blame in this case.. Just saying... Keep up the excellent work !!

This school has a bulling problem. The administration sweeps the issues under the rug because most of the kids doing the bullying have parents who are large financial contributors. Yet the school is excessive strict on other issues. The teachers treat the one being bullied like it is their fault. This is where you send your child to learn about the world and God! I think they are missing something! I pray they will learn before they hurt any more students.

I attended this school in the late 70's early 80's and it was a wonderful school back then. I have a 7 yo going into the second grade and he has been there since pre k and he was on the honor roll all year in the first grade! He started the year really struggling and when needed the teacher really started working with him like she is suppose to do and that was all it took his grades and never looked back. It is a close nit school with wonderful teachers parents and all the way down to the cafeteria workers! The price is very reasonable and worth EVERY penny! I cannot say enough good things about this school, I recommend it to coworkers and everyone with children!!

There is a new principal this year with a lot of enthusiasm. I am a parent of 3 (soon to be 4) children in the lower grades of this school and a member of its school board. I love where my children are. The religious aspect of this school is wonderful and my wife and I are blessed to be able to send our children here. I wholeheartedly disagree with one of the prior comments that this school is money hungry. The children are our focus. Many changes have been made over the last year and a half to ensure the longevity of the school and to make adjustments to facilitate the current student base. I would challenge anyone that is unhappy with the school to bring up their concerns such as this to the principal and the school board. We would love to hear about them.

I think this school is great! While I may not agree with everything, the overall picture is that it offers an excellent education for our students. My older child graduated from SAS and now my younger child is attending. Even with the teacher turnover last year, the quality remains. There is a good blend of academics, athletics, and other extracurricular activities for the students to participate in, and the religion program is great.

This school lost a lot of good teachers to the central community schools for the 2007 - 2008 school year. The school uses substitutes when a teacher is out. The substitutes are not that great. The principal is harsh and any problems you have will be blamed on your child and not the teacher. The school lesson planning is way behind, compared to the Central Comunity Schools. Therefore, I have always heard that a private school child is ahead of a public school child. Not so with this school.The school does not promote paragraph & story writing until 7th grade. In public schools they start this in 3rd & 4th grades. I strongly suggest investigating the school and staff before sending your child there. I feel this school is more money hungry than they are devoted to teaching the children. I among many parents am not happy with this school.

This school is excellent! The rules are now enforced, the children's, not the parents', needs come first, and academia rather than social events/parties have become the first priority. Not the only priority, but the first. Which, coincidentally, is what I send my children there for - to learn. Both the principal & vice-principal meet with EACH child when report cards are distributed to discuss their progress. This year alone has seen the development of a drama club, a Christmas program, free dress days and communal prayer to begin the day. New & unique field trip destinations have been promoted & encouraged. I have heard rumors of a second language class & a creative writing class being introduced next year! I am always welcomed & informed and am very pleased.

The school was very family friendly. The new principal seems to be eliminating parent participation. Examples, no parents at 3rd grade and up parties, no parents on field trips, etc. I think the focus should be on keeping the current student body happy so they will not leave.

Good community centered school. HOWEVER, the new principal (2005-2006) is out of control, and has forgotten that students at private schools are customers, not nusiances. This school will be empty within a few years if she stays.

Last modified St. Alphonsus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8