No rating

Arden Cahill Academy

Private | PK-8 | 417 students

Living in Gretna

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted January 21, 2009

Cahill is a wonderful school. My 2 children have been there since 18 mos. My biggest fear has come true-4th grade. The teachers are very non-forgiving and push them WAY too hard. My child has always excelled. Her self-esteem has crashed due to the 4th grade teachers. I love the school and would hate to consider leaving, but how do I subject my younger child to the H**L of 4th grade at Cahill! I no longer feel that the $$ I'm paying is benefitting my child. I've talked to the teachers and they have a VERY nonchalant attitude--as if, I owe them for letting them teach my child. I also have a problem with after care. For the $$ we pay, the chidlren shouldn't sit in the gym for 8 hours on all day child care. At least let them go to the empty rooms and watch movies in chairs.

Posted November 17, 2008

My children have been at this school for seven years. I love the school up until the second grade. After the second grade it seems as though the teachers do not take time with the students, they are expected to catch on the first time. Teachers do not allow the students to ask many questions. It is very unorganized after the second grade. Students who bully other kids or talked to and have to sit in the office. This method does not seem to work because the same kids are still bullying. The school is very espensive and prices rise every year for every activity. The registration fee is $400.00 every year and you still pay for and supply everrything else that is needed for your children. The classes get smaller as the grade levels increase because we are finding better options these days.

Posted July 9, 2008

I highly reccomend Arden Cahill Academy. I went there for seven years, and durign those seven years I learned more then any other school could have taught me. I visited many differnt schools throught my years at cahill and none of them compared to its quality. When I got to high school I was prepared and above most people in Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior class. I am graduating this year and I still use the things instilled in me from Cahill towards my education in highschool. more than just a school it taught me to be a respectful young lady and well mannered. It taught me about life lessons and everything that you need to go ahead with in life. So if you are thinking about sending your child there. I suggest you should. its quiet incredible.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 8, 2008

This summer my children attended the first session of Arden Cahill Academy. Everyday, my children would jump in the car excited to tell me about their day. I think the staff works hard to make sure the children have the best experiences. My children have been able to ride horses, ride paddle boats, and attend a sock hop, among other activities such as swimming, competitions such as blue and white day, and help put on a play. They have been learning, exploring, and having a great time in Discovery Science and Language Arts. They have been using their imagination creating in Art. They also enjoy the food and the kind staff in the cafeteria. They have been introduced to new games during gym. It is exciting to see my children so motivated.

Posted March 2, 2008

Unorganized. Have to get multiple sheets every Friday from each subject in different piles and compile them together yourself for signature. My children's new school is not over-enrolled and it comes from all classes as a packet from the home room teacher. Was just always unhappy re; disorganization. Carpool is a parking lot!!!

Posted February 19, 2008

I have a 4 y.O. And he is doing great. The teachers are all wonderful, great activities.

Posted December 28, 2007

My son is in kindergarten at ACA, and we are very pleased with the school so far. This is his first year, and we were concerned that he would not be at the same level as the other children who had been there for Pre-3 and Pre-4. We are so excited that he has done very well and is thoroughly enjoying school. He has the best group of teachers we could have imagined. We must be lucky so far as I have not observed any over-crowding or after-care problems. There are 16 children in his class, and he has first-class after-care workers. I know each family has a different experience, so I'm sure there is some truth to those comments and appreciate knowing what to look out for in the future. However, to those considering the school, please visit, talk to other parents, and meet the teachers.

Posted October 25, 2007

This school is great and I can not believe that some people think and write differently, they believe that just because it is a private school that it and it's staff need to cater to their every need the school prepares the children so well, I my self attended the school and now my two children attend also. Anyone looking for a good education for their child should at least see the school and try it I do not think that it is a school for every child because it is advanced and not all children can handel the work. Just try it and see!

Posted October 22, 2007

Well rounded school with high academic standards, art, sports, music, language!

Posted October 2, 2007

This is a beautiful school. The school has a very friendly staff and clean grounds. The extras the school boasts, like the swimming pools, air conditioned indoor gym, and on site petting zoo make it a delight for students. Clearly the best choice for a private school on the westbank.

Posted September 23, 2007

I had two children attending (3yr and 8yr olds) I had to unenroll the youngest. He was moving up from the infant center to the main building where he was going to change classes 5x throughout the day. The problem was that my child is potty trained and still requires assistance with hygiene post bowel movements as I expect that most 3 yr olds would. The teachers were not willing to help wipe these kids at all, several stated that they should have already acquired this skill. The teachers I spoke with were not at all concerned and quite frankly had a hands off attitude. These are toddlers and still require nurturing. They expect to much independence. I spoke with Arden Cahill and she offered no acceptable resolution. In fact I was told that there are 103 3 yrs olds and they could not give that type of attention.

Posted September 9, 2007

I had several children go through this school from Infant Centre to graduation of 8th grade. The school was good prior to change in principals. The school is overcrowded and they can't handle it.

Posted August 28, 2007

It is a good school for very serious students. If your child has any trouble with schoolwork or organization skills it might not work out. a A child who responds to a challange will do well.

Posted June 7, 2007

My daughter went to Cahill when she was three. I wasn't pleased with the teachers.They push way to hard.

Posted May 27, 2007

My kids attended ACA from pre-4 to the third grade, when we unfortunately had to leave. There is just no comparison to any school we have seen. Arden Cahill is the most complete school you'll find in that area. You go there for an Academically sound education and you get a lot of lagniappe. The theatre and drama teachers are first class! You do not have to run around town to find extras. There is chess, swimming, music, multiple sports, a farm with animals, beautiful grounds, horse back riding, and Mrs. Cahill. I am still amazed at how disciplined the kids are. I get compliments daily on how well behaved my kids are, and I thank Cahill for that. If we should return to that area, we will be right back at ACA.

Posted April 24, 2007

Too crowded.Not enough individual attention for the price. Other private schools in the area a lower teacher to student ratio. School as overgrown over it's limits and can't handle the daily functions throughout the day.

Posted April 1, 2007

I attended Cahill from elementary to middle school.I enjoyed extracurricular activities. I left with low self esteem and held it until college when I joined a sorority. I believe that kids should get graded on tests, quizzes and homework instead of binder checks, cover sheets and supplies brought in.It was unfair to me that I was intelligent (scholarship for college) and made the same grade as a kid who had F's on tests, but had a binder in better condition than mine. My other siblings have all been taken out of the school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 28, 2007

My child has been attending Arden Cahill Academy since Pre- k4. Up until this year he has enjoyed his education and so have we. I am seeing some of the unfortunate things that past parents warned me about. Standards based teaching says that you teach to every type of learner and this school does not.

Posted March 26, 2007

I started out with 4 kids at this school and removed 2 of them because the childcare is very substandard. As soon as my younger 2 kids are old enough to leave, they will be leaving also. The education is great between 8AM and 3PM. After that, it is a nightmare. It is very expensive for the quality of the aftercare. There is no consistency. I have had many problems with the adminstration and the aftercare help. The regular teachers are great.

Posted March 24, 2007

We have been at Cahill for over 14 years.Things have changed since.The classes were smaller and more personal. You get the feeling that there is always someone behind you who will jump in your spot.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (504) 392-3813

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3101 Wall Boulevard