No rating

Arden Cahill Academy

Private | PK-8 | 417 students

Living in Gretna

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $124,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted August 2, 2014

Excellent school! There are many activities to keep the children busy as well as the school offers a fine education! It may seem like a bit much with the homework at times but I would rather spend the tuition costs to know my child is safe, cared for as well as learning all that they can learn. The campus is beautiful and the teachers really show appreciation for the children and parents. I don't know what I will do when my kids graduate. I wouldn't recommend any of school but Arden Cahill.

Posted May 4, 2014

Great school. My kids recently came back and love it and are thriving. Excellent extracurricular offerings like chess club, glee, swim, football, soccer, cross country, drama, golf etc. Also, a very living environment. Main complaint is that there is too much memorization vs project based learning. Also, the language program is very weak. Homework is also a bit much, but it helps learn time management etc. Overall, happy with the school and reasonable tuition vs other private schools in New Orleans.

Posted January 31, 2014

BEST SCHOOL EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRhi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi !

Posted August 30, 2013

I have recently started Arden Cahill academy from st Andrew the apostle and I will say that I wish I had never switched, Arden Cahill has SO much homework 1-2 hours if homework a night the kids are all mean I made no friends within the first month of being there i was alone in the back getting bullied my the TEACHERS yes the teachers I will be moving back to st Andrew next year I will never recommend this school to anyone. If your trying to find a school I HIGHLY recommend st Andrew

Posted August 12, 2013

I started my daughter here when she was less than a year old. I had minor complaints at first, such as the trash can being placed up against her crib and her being bitten (with bruises) twice within a week's time. However, the last and final straw with this school and everyone in it occurred shortly after my daughter's second birthday. When dropped her off in the morning I checked her bin to see if she needed any pull-ups. I saw that she was low so I went to my car to get more. I was out of the room for a couple of minutes. When I returned to the room I saw one of her teachers was hitting a child (younger than her) several times in the face telling him "no biting!" She pulled him by the arm to the timeout chair (which is when she saw me). I was beyond shocked. I got ALL my daughter's belongings and went to the office to complain and officially withdraw her. Ms. Betty seemed concerned about the incident and asked me to write a report or what I observed. She later called me back that day to ask if I could rewrite my complaint, saying "Did she HIT him or TAP his mouth to stop him from biting? Bc if she hit him,well,that would be grounds for termination." Just shows the culture of AC

Posted January 6, 2013

This is an excellent School! My children have been there for many years and children from my extended family have children attending also. I feel comfortable having my children here, the Administration cares about the children in a personal way. I love the Theatre that they experience it seems to give all a sense of achievement no matter what their particular talent! Plays, Christmas Celebrations the opportunities are endless at this School!

Posted December 29, 2012

I could never recommend this school to anyone. For three and a half years I was emotionally bullied by the students and the administration. The head administrator knew about what was going on, but she did nothing. In fact it wasn't until my mom came to the school to withdraw me that the administrator finally looked at my file. She begged my mother to let me stay. My mom told her it was too late. I had stopped speaking at school and was withdrawn because of what I went through. When **** saw that my testing showed an IQ over 150 she freaked and said she didn't want to lose me.Before this, they even had the nerve to show up in class and announce to the ENTIRE class that I couldn't be there because my parents hadn't paid that months tuition. I was forced to gather my things in front of everyone and was marched out to the office to wait for my mom. What actually happened was that they LOST the check. They refused to admit their mistake to my classmates. I could go on and on, but the only bright memories were three very special teachers. If I ever had a chance to speak to the former administration I would have quite a bit to tell them. There are much better choices out there.

Posted September 11, 2012

Is a great school, with an extraordinary environment where kids can learn and play. I had a very good experience bringing my 3 year old, who could not speak English and within months he was able to establish a dialogue in both English and Spanish

Posted September 11, 2012

I put my child in this school thinking particularly family atmosphere, since my husband travels often so my son misses him a lot, so his mood swings are as frequent as my husband travels, I talk to the teacher and she was very understanding and guided me in learning techniques and communication for children very restless

Posted August 25, 2012

I go to this school, but i had some bad memories along with the good ones.I do have complaints, such as an unneccessary dress code for 5th grade and up = no clothes with words on them, it's not easy to find that, and THEY TELL YOU AT THE BIGINNING OF THE YEAR, my mom spend hundreds of dollars on clothes for the year but now they went to waste.And the childcare workers are so rude and mean. They are so mean, but when the parents show up they are so sweet!!! But i did learn a lot at this school. I'm going to Newman next year, you should check it out. Newman has five stars, i agree better than this.......

Posted August 23, 2012

This school might look great from the outside but I can assure you there are nothing but problems from the inside. I've had 2 children at this school. In the beginning it was great until Mrs. Cahill's took over. She has changed everything and the quality of the education has gone downhill ever since. I took my youngest out in 3rd grade and have no regrets. The Cahill's base every decision on gossip amongst the teachers. They are not professional at all. It saddens me that Mrs. Cahill's children are ruining the reputation of what was once such an awesome place to learn.

Posted April 15, 2012

Arden Cahill was a terrible place to work. I worked in the infant center and honestly hated going to work every day. The director is awful to her staff and is completely unwilling to hear and address any concerns of her employees. I loved my students and honestly hated leaving because I was worried who they would get stuck with as a teacher. The director thinks of the staff as glorified babysitters, which is exactly how they are treated. The Cahill's were always very helpful and nice to me, however they do not run the infant center and it is unfortunate that they don't. With the amount of tuition that is charged the infant center could be a wonderful place. However, I believe that as long as the current director is in charge that cannot happen.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 26, 2011

I just enrolled my son in the Infant Center...he turns 2 in November but I was told he won't be able to "move up" until next year...right now he is the oldest in his group and some aren't even walking yet....I am afraid he will be bored and won't be challenged...has anyone dealt with this issue? I feel like the Infant center is not actual school and that kids should move up when they are ready and not be held back. Any thoughts/advice?

Posted May 12, 2011

My children have been attending ACA since they were 2 years old with my oldest being in the 5th grade now. I have had nothing but great experiences with the teachers and staff. Due to the recent economy we were forced to send our children to another private school and after 3 semesters I had to put them back at ACA because the education they received at the other school did not even come close to what they had recieved at ACA. When we came back Mary Kevin was nothing but helpful with the situation and my oldest was struggling with a class and the Cahill family has helped her out dramatically with open arms. I am proud to be part of the Arden Cahill Academy family and hope we never have to leave again. my husband also attended ACA for grade school and prizes the education he recieved there and is proud to have his children getting an awesome education from some of his old teachers.

Posted May 6, 2011

My child was at Cahill from Pre-3 though 2, the school was wonderful up until Mrs. Cahill stopping being an active voice. The quality of the teachers was wonderful however up through 1st grade. Second grade became an overpriced daycare requiring homeschooling at night. The teachers from 2nd grade on no longer pay attention to the kids or care if they are learning, it is busy work and nothing else. My child has awesome scores and is not lazy, the teachers do not provide the instruction necessary for learning. The school has become centered around money rather than learning and the childrens best interest. Also once they realize you have had enough and will not be returning for the next year they will exact revenge on your child for it, whether it be through favortism to those returning or disciplanry actions for things that are absurd. Believe me i know my child is no angel but to be singled out from other children at the age of 7 is hard to bear when it isn't the child's choice. Not only are the girls catty, so are the teachers.

Posted May 15, 2010

This school is one of a kind. Unlike some parents I believe in my children. They can give their best, prevail, and come out with such a valuable education. It has been a challenge with 3 kids attending. The teachers do have high expectations, requiring tremendous dedication from the student. Good! I expect nothing else. Parents can complain but thats probably because they don't want to be bothered. Or. . .they really don't beleive in their children. These teachers care about their students. Maybe the parents should care a little more. I am so grateful to have found a school with such academics and character. I don't want to pay for a school that is easy. I want my children challenged daily. All schools have place for improvement but the heart of the school supercedes any fault. My children have thrived here for 4 years.

Posted March 16, 2010

This is a very small school, therefore the girls are catty. There are 26 people in the seventh grade! That might be the reason why the girls are so catty. We used to be very happy with the shcool but, it went down the tubs when Mrs.Cahill stopped running the school.

Posted January 28, 2010

This is my childs first year. I haven t had any problems with this school. My child seems to enjoy herself and the teachers seem to be very concerned with her well being and productivity. However, communication and parents opinion has not been cohesive. Decisions to close the school because of local NFL celebrations are ridicules to me! Administrators should have polled parents and/or faculty members in order to find out who would be sending their child to school that day or who would be coming to work.

Posted December 3, 2009

This is a wonderful school. My children attended Arden Cahill. One of my son's that struggled in grammar school, today thanks Arden Cahill and Mrs. Patel in particular for much of his academic success in higher education. Now my grandchildren attend Arden Cahill, Mrs. Cahill, still there the 'Heart' of the school and her wonderful daughters carrying on are a credit to the excellence and caring their Mother taught them! The speech and drama programs along with the excellent curriculum produces confident educated citizens. Thank you Mrs. Cahill, your dream and selfless devotion to so many children will always' be appreciated!

Posted June 9, 2009

Well many are leaving! You used to get what you pay for! Now that the Cahill girls are in charge you get very little of what you pay for. If you are liked by the cahill girls then you are accepted and your life is wonderful! I feel sorry for Mrs. Cahill who worked so hard at her dream with this school. Look around when you visit other schools and see what they have to offer. Ha! Cahill is on the bottom of the list. I spent over $100,000 there over the years and only to be kicked in the butt. If your children are happy there then so be it. However, many children are not and the enrollment is definately down for the next year!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 12% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Fax number
  • (504) 392-3813

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3101 Wall Boulevard