Gretna, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 02, 2014
Excellent school! There are many activities to keep the children busy as well as the school offers a fine education! It may seem like a bit much with the homework at times but I would rather spend the tuition costs to know my child is safe, cared for as well as learning all that they can learn. The campus is beautiful and the teachers really show appreciation for the children and parents. I don't know what I will do when my kids graduate. I wouldn't recommend any of school but Arden Cahill.

Arden Cahill Academy 4

Posted May 04, 2014
Great school. My kids recently came back and love it and are thriving. Excellent extracurricular offerings like chess club, glee, swim, football, soccer, cross country, drama, golf etc. Also, a very living environment. Main complaint is that there is too much memorization vs project based learning. Also, the language program is very weak. Homework is also a bit much, but it helps learn time management etc. Overall, happy with the school and reasonable tuition vs other private schools in New Orleans.

Posted August 30, 2013
I have recently started Arden Cahill academy from st Andrew the apostle and I will say that I wish I had never switched, Arden Cahill has SO much homework 1-2 hours if homework a night the kids are all mean I made no friends within the first month of being there i was alone in the back getting bullied my the TEACHERS yes the teachers I will be moving back to st Andrew next year I will never recommend this school to anyone. If your trying to find a school I HIGHLY recommend st Andrew

Posted August 12, 2013
I started my daughter here when she was less than a year old. I had minor complaints at first, such as the trash can being placed up against her crib and her being bitten (with bruises) twice within a week's time. However, the last and final straw with this school and everyone in it occurred shortly after my daughter's second birthday. When dropped her off in the morning I checked her bin to see if she needed any pull-ups. I saw that she was low so I went to my car to get more. I was out of the room for a couple of minutes. When I returned to the room I saw one of her teachers was hitting a child (younger than her) several times in the face telling him "no biting!" She pulled him by the arm to the timeout chair (which is when she saw me). I was beyond shocked. I got ALL my daughter's belongings and went to the office to complain and officially withdraw her. Ms. Betty seemed concerned about the incident and asked me to write a report or what I observed. She later called me back that day to ask if I could rewrite my complaint, saying "Did she HIT him or TAP his mouth to stop him from biting? Bc if she hit him,well,that would be grounds for termination." Just shows the culture of AC

Posted January 06, 2013
This is an excellent School! My children have been there for many years and children from my extended family have children attending also. I feel comfortable having my children here, the Administration cares about the children in a personal way. I love the Theatre that they experience it seems to give all a sense of achievement no matter what their particular talent! Plays, Christmas Celebrations the opportunities are endless at this School!

Posted December 29, 2012
I could never recommend this school to anyone. For three and a half years I was emotionally bullied by the students and the administration. The head administrator knew about what was going on, but she did nothing. In fact it wasn't until my mom came to the school to withdraw me that the administrator finally looked at my file. She begged my mother to let me stay. My mom told her it was too late. I had stopped speaking at school and was withdrawn because of what I went through. When **** saw that my testing showed an IQ over 150 she freaked and said she didn't want to lose me.Before this, they even had the nerve to show up in class and announce to the ENTIRE class that I couldn't be there because my parents hadn't paid that months tuition. I was forced to gather my things in front of everyone and was marched out to the office to wait for my mom. What actually happened was that they LOST the check. They refused to admit their mistake to my classmates. I could go on and on, but the only bright memories were three very special teachers. If I ever had a chance to speak to the former administration I would have quite a bit to tell them. There are much better choices out there.

Posted September 11, 2012
Is a great school, with an extraordinary environment where kids can learn and play. I had a very good experience bringing my 3 year old, who could not speak English and within months he was able to establish a dialogue in both English and Spanish

Posted September 11, 2012
I put my child in this school thinking particularly family atmosphere, since my husband travels often so my son misses him a lot, so his mood swings are as frequent as my husband travels, I talk to the teacher and she was very understanding and guided me in learning techniques and communication for children very restless

Arden Cahill Academy 2

Posted August 25, 2012
I go to this school, but i had some bad memories along with the good ones.I do have complaints, such as an unneccessary dress code for 5th grade and up = no clothes with words on them, it's not easy to find that, and THEY TELL YOU AT THE BIGINNING OF THE YEAR, my mom spend hundreds of dollars on clothes for the year but now they went to waste.And the childcare workers are so rude and mean. They are so mean, but when the parents show up they are so sweet!!! But i did learn a lot at this school. I'm going to Newman next year, you should check it out. Newman has five stars, i agree better than this.......

Posted August 23, 2012
This school might look great from the outside but I can assure you there are nothing but problems from the inside. I've had 2 children at this school. In the beginning it was great until Mrs. Cahill's took over. She has changed everything and the quality of the education has gone downhill ever since. I took my youngest out in 3rd grade and have no regrets. The Cahill's base every decision on gossip amongst the teachers. They are not professional at all. It saddens me that Mrs. Cahill's children are ruining the reputation of what was once such an awesome place to learn.

Arden Cahill Academy