Thomas Jefferson High School For Advanced Studies 2

Posted September 08, 2014
They shove colleges in our faces like we know what we want to do with the rest of our lives. I honestly have to wonder sometimes if they really care about what we do for the rest of our lives, because we have a principal that can't wait to leave, who is only staying for the benefits because of his son that is going to college. I'm just tired. I know others here feel the same way.

Posted April 17, 2014
TJ is one of Jefferson's Parish School System's best kept secret! You should make every effort to get your child in this school>

Posted March 14, 2012
My daughter has attended TJHS since 2008 and will graduate this year. I can't say enough good things about it...from the great group of kids who are her friends and who all have the same goals. to the teachers who do an awesome job not only teaching but mentoring. I attended the Breakfast of Champions last week with my daughter, which was to honor Jefferson Parish high school kids who have A averages, and out of six schools attending, Thomas Jefferson students encompassed over half of those being honored. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 15, 2012
I have attended Thomas Jefferson Since the second year of it's starting up. I've enjoyed the school immensely and the school has changed my life ever since my first day. I've come out of a depression and met many who've changed my life greatly.

Posted January 19, 2012
My child has attended Thomas Jefferson since 2008 and will be graduating this year. I have been very pleased with the education that she has received. She is currently taking college courses while still on campus. The teachers and administration are very caring, dedicated and helpful and the school climate is a positive one in which the students all seem to get along. Thomas Jefferson is truly a melting pot with students of many cultures and interests. The many sports programs and clubs also meet the needs of the students. The only problem I see is a lack of parent involvement. Not many parents attend PTO meetings and get involved.

Posted April 08, 2011
This is my daughter's first year in high school. The new but original principal is doing an amazing job because he is about the students. The teachers are wonderful. There have been some glitches but the principal has taken care of that. My daughter's math teacher, english teacher, drama teacher and physical education teacher are all doing an amazing job. My daughter is enjoying her high school experience.

Thomas Jefferson High School For Advanced Studies 4

Posted April 21, 2010
A lot of students have changed their minds since 2008. with the new staff. The students here are overall great and we're like a huge family. With every new principal that tries to change our family, it makes the school seem less like home. With the year of 2009-2010 gone, i can say, though the new changes arent my cup of tea, but i have been at this school since it open in 2006, and have always felt like this is home. it's a wonderful environment with interesting teachers that are willing to learn and help.

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted November 05, 2008
This is my son's first year at Thomas Jefferson, but so far, I am pleased with the education he is receiving. It is definitely more challenging that his previous school, which I think will prepare him more for college and his future.

Posted March 14, 2008

Thomas Jefferson High School For Advanced Studies
17 Gretna Boulevard, Gretna, LA  70053
Last modified Thomas Jefferson High School For Advanced Studies is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson High School For Advanced Studies Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top