George Cox Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
This is our first to the school and to the state for that matter. My son is in second grade and loves his teacher. She was very helpful and so were the ladies in the front office. I don't necessarily agree with the progress made. I feel like the kids should be more advanced in their learning but we will have to see how it plays out.

Posted October 02, 2011
i went to this school since 1st grade and i have been the smartest in my school!

George Cox Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2010
My children attended this school for 4 years (from Pre K thru 2nd grade). The 1st 3 years were pretty good. The last year with the rezoning more undisciplined children attended and the school did nothing to help the situation. In my son's 1st grade class a boy brought a knife and told him he was going to kill him while showing him the knife. Nothing was dome to this child. Another incident happened where a 4th grader hit him and pushed him down and took his lunch. I spoke to the Vice Principal and was told because it was LEAP week he would not be able to punish the boy. So if you want to terrorize younger children - do it during LEAP week - no punishments are handed out at that time. The VP even acknowledged that the boy was a known trouble maker but refused to do anything.

George Cox Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
My son is in second grade and he has a wonderful teacher . Last year, he attended a different school and we had so many problems. He was almost expelled last year. This year, his teacher is not only helping him grow as a student, but is also teaching and helping him control his behavior. Now, he wants to do well in school and he is a different kid. The teachers at this school are awesome.

Posted March 18, 2010
My son is in a wonderful 1st grade class.He likes George Cox and I feel he is learning a lot.I also see that they work really hard with their students. R.B. Proud Momma

Posted April 28, 2008
I think George Cox Elementary is very focused on academics as well as discipline. Both of which make our children's futures brighter!

Posted March 20, 2008

Posted March 01, 2006

George Cox Elementary School
2630 Belle Chasse Highway, Gretna, LA  70056
Last modified George Cox Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Cox Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top