Bad
Good

Posted March 17, 2014
I wouldn't even give Mcdonough 26 one star if I could help it. They're ignorant, victimizing, lazy people. I am ashamed I sent my child there and subjected her to the ignorance and stupidity of the people working there. She had her hair cut, bullied, not taught properly, hit in the classroom and Despite us telling the teachers many times nothing at all was done about it. Do not send your child here for their own sake and futures.

Posted November 23, 2011
I do not like this school. They are unprofessional and curse at your children. The teachers cannot handle the classrooms or the parents of their students. Just last week my daughter told me how her class mates mother cursed all the kids in the class out and no one told the woman anything. This is outrageous and unacceptable.

Mcdonogh #26 Elementary School 3

Posted September 14, 2006
I was a student there,and a lot has changed. I feel overall my daughter is in the best school in our area. I am unable to be at the school as much as I like but the lines of communication is open between me and the faculty. Parental involvement is very much welcomed. Extra curricular activities are plentiful and based on the seasons. My daughter is always inviting me and her father to the school to participate. I have found that some of the teachers tones of voices are a bit unnecessary but my daughter is aware that I want to know if she is spoken too in such a way that she was uncomfortable, or made her feel hurt. She know not to accept treatment she doesn't receive at home. Its a good school overall.

Mcdonogh #26 Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2006
I am very proud of my children and their learning success at this school. I am though, disturbed by the PBS system. Children are expected to act a certain way and on numerous occassions I have witnessed teachers speaking and acting rudely to the children. There should be a fine line between discipline and direction. There is too much yelling and not enough guidance. There may be a better turn out from the children if they are treated like humans and not animals.

Posted June 30, 2004
This school has absolutely no extra curricular activities. All school awards are given to the students as they sit on the floor in the hallway, parents are not invited. Our school motto should be: 'Students are to be seen and not heard'. Please visit this school before you decide to send your kids there. Parental involvement is minimal due to the faculty and staff. They discourage parental involvement.

Mcdonogh #26 Elementary School
1200 Jefferson Street, Gretna, LA  70053
Last modified Mcdonogh #26 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcdonogh #26 Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top