PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

WOW, it's actually a bit comical reading some of the complaints about this school!! Let me give you an accurate account of Holy Ghost.... I have three children currently in HGS including one about to graduate...so I've truly seen the ins & outs over the years. HERE'S THE REAL, HONEST DEAL... Our previous principal was a disaster... amongst parents this sentiment is held virtuly unanimously. While she loved the kids and was very personable, her ability to lead and set proper standards was atrocious!! We now have a new principal with an amazing leadership record, and the story is completely different. Because of this you can basically ignore all the comments previous to 2015. This new principal (in her 1st year at HGS) is on a mission to make sure Holy Ghost not only meets, but exceeds the standards!! As far as I can see she is doing an amazing job, and by next year I believe we will be over the mediocre leadership of the past. You may hear some parents complaining around town, whining about how tough it is this year at HGS and how their kids aren't doing as well grade-wise as in the past. You will always have these naysayers wherever you go...do they realize we're raising the standards?!? You'll even have parents who are bitter because this principal doesn't put up with the sketchy nonsense of yesteryear (see ridiculous 8/25/15 review).... You are not going to "pull one over" with this lady... she is tough! The fact is that this is a transition year!! Right now, the new administration and teachers are busy bringing the students up to par (& as a result parents are stressed) .... Apparently we were way below standards!! I believe this new administration is pushing the school to higher standards than it has ever seen before. Keep up the good work!!! Hopefully this movement continues into the high school, St. Thomas. I am more excited about our school than ever before, and I would definitely highly advise anyone considering HGS to enroll.

My child went to kindergarten there love the teacher and the principle. We moved to PA which she went to a public school which was way hard then HGS. We moved back and decided to go back to HGS big mistake. Yes her grades for first grade at the end of the year wasn't the greatest but she didn't fail. So I put her in second grade at HGS and 15 days into the school year the new principle the said her transcripts are not good enough for second grade, which is fine. Here is my issue they let her go into second grade for two weeks then review her transcripts then call us in for a meeting and tell us she can no long be in second grade and there is no room in first grade. So they kick my child out of the school. If the principle really wants what is best for the children then she would of found room for on more child in first grade., so much for wanting education for my child. So I asked her now what she said it's your problem not mine. Maybe it's because we are not catholic and we don't donate, cause you pay 6,000$ for them to attend there. Also the principle doesn't not know how to talk to people she is a very ignorant woman. As for the principles assistant was very nice and know how to talk to people the assistant should be the principle. Then they are also trying to not give us our refund money back, I told her you will give me my money you chose to kick my child out we didn't decide to leave... I would recommend the school but not as long as this principle is there. She is a joke and and very inconsiderate of a child's education. Leaving on a good note we found a different school that welcomed my child with opened arms and we are very pleased with Mater Dolorosa Catholic school. I give them a 5 start unlike HGS the principle is a horrible mean person and god doesn't like ugly and she does not deserve to Be a principle at any school. I was thought you treat others the way you want to be treat and she did not do that. She needs to go back to school and learn how to respect, I lost all respect for that school because of her, cause she does not care about the chilrend she lied and said my child fail and y for you to attend there you have to hold a D average and my kid held a C average in Pa and we moved back here and they excepted her and then decided they didn't have room for her probably cause she is non catholic and they need room for a catholic student. LIAR

Lets start by stating that my child attends this school. I has some good teachers, but others that are not so great. My child's teacher last year was one of the not so great ones. I would consider last year as home school since I retaught everything over at home. This year my child has an excellent teacher. One of the problems I have noticed at HGS is that some faculty will lie (about students) to keep themselves out of trouble. This is a problem for me since HGS website claims to be teaching students "God's way". The school/ faculty need to get over the political bs, and treat every student equal. It should not matter what a child's parent does for a living or how much they donate. All parents still have to pay the same tuition. It is a hit or miss if you get a good teacher or bad.

We moved to the area April 2010 from Pennsylvania where my 2 girls attended a catholic school. It was a difficult move for them leaving friends behind and starting new in 5th and 6th grade. But, because of the warmth and exceptional leadership at this school their transition was flawless. I am convinced that a greater power lead us to HGS in such a shorttime we have found a family at HGS. My girls are excited to go to school and have a desire to learn, the middel school teachers go beyond their required job. The children and staff are polite, warm and accepting of new faces. Unfortunatly, we will be moving on the Texas next year and only hope and pray that the lord will lead us to another wonderful and top notch school like HGS. Enrich your child and give them the gift of a catholic education.

Our first child is currently in her second year at Holy Ghost. Already, we have extremely pleased with her education! We feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to send her to this catholic school.

My daughter attended this school for two years. We relocated after her second year or I would have never removed her from Holy Ghost. This is an excellent school. The principle and teachers are fabulous. There are always fun events going on. The annual fair is alot of fun and a great way to get the community together in a productive way.

Last modified Holy Ghost School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8