Bad
Good

My child attends here after pulling her out of two other daycares. She loves it and the teachers are loving. They teach the montessorri method truer to form then any other local daycare. They are head and shoulders above anywhere else in Hammond or Ponchatoula for child lead development. The children learn Self awareness and respect of other children. There is a reason there are multiple generations that have attended this school. If you an institutional feel with little parental involvement and school involvement, look elsewhere.

I had a friend who's child that attened this school and due to unappropriate amount of space for my child to play and eat in I pulled her out. The state requirement is 35 sqft. per child not including the bathroom area. This school does not follow this requirement. Either they need to lower the number of intakes they have or build more space inside for the children to play and learn.

My children went here 2005-2008. My husband and I placed ourselves debt in order for both of our children to go to this school. The principal and the teachers are so warm and caring. They are extremely open in parental involvement and their learning programs are great. I could not have asked for a better start for my children. Both loved the school, their teachers, classmates, and loved to learn. They gave my kids a great start in education.

My daughter is 3 years old and attends UMS. It is a great pre-school. The Montessori education system is great. The principal is kind and knows every kid by name. There are many extra-curricular activities for both students and their parents. My little girl enjoys her time at school and has made a good number of friends who are her peers, which is an important factor in her physical/educational/social growth and awareness. I am glad and grateful for a school like this in our neighborhood.

UMS is the best school around. I currently have both my 4 and 2 year old attending. This is my daughter's second year and my son's first. The teachers are great, and they learn so much. Parents are welcome and encouraged to sit and observe how/what the children learn. The principle (also a teacher) is absolutely wonderful. I did a lot of research in finding the best day care for my children. But UMS is not just a day care, its the best prek school.p

Last modified University Montessori School Hammond is a Private school that serves grades PK-2