Harvey, LA

St. Rosalie School 5

Posted April 15, 2014
St. Rosalie is a great school. My sister and both attended and now my daughter attends. The school is strict, but much needed. It shows children discipline as well as manners. I highly recommend St. Rosalie and bak them 100%.

St. Rosalie School 5

Posted February 03, 2011
I have not been a part of the St. Rosalie family long, but I've seen just that: a family. It makes me sad that something happened to each of these parents to have such negative opinions of the school, but I disagree with everything said in their reviews. St. Rosalie does have high expectations of their students (what may come across as strict) and they do enforce respectful behavior to teachers and other students. I see this is a huge plus! I have worked in other schools and never have I seen students and faculty so willing to lend a helping hand. St. Rosalie has a strong foundation in their administration and has a great, advanced curriculum from what I've seen. I would recommend this school to any parent that could afford it.

Posted December 17, 2010
I am DISUGUSTED with this school. I attended it when Sister Jeanne was there and it was wonderful. Ms. Wenzel she has RUINED the school. She is not educated on how to speak and treat children. It is like a military school each year it gets worse! When is the Archdiocese going to step in and say enough is enough. The school is going to shut down. They are losing more and more students. When I went there the classes were full and a waiting list a mile long. Now they barely have 3 classes for each grade. It is ashame that all of use cannot send our children to out alma mater because of the treatment and unqualified teachers. Half the teachers are not even teacher certified. They have bachelors in other things and are going back to school. They have no patience and are just taking a job because they cannot get hired somewhere else. People are paying a lot of money for this education to get nothing from it, but grief. My suggestion is to stay away from this school. Save yourself a lot of money and time and grief on you and your child.

Posted October 07, 2009
This is a horrible excuse for a school! Public schools have more advanced curriculums. A large percentage of their teachers aren't even certified. They care more about image than students. Do yourself a favor and stay away. I got my daughter out of there last year and couldn't be happier

Posted December 17, 2008
i think the teachers and adminstrative staff should take a course in cultural diversity because it seems to be a big problem at the school mrs. patsy needs to develop a liitle more tolerance and not focus on petty things like 'you say i say among the students'

Posted August 20, 2008
I had three children that went to St. Rosalie. The first child went from k to 8 and the school was the best . That's when Sister Jan was there but a new principal came and the school started to go down hill I left my middle child there for 8 grade and that was a big mistake. they play favorite to parents if they do not like you they do not pay you the time of day I had enough so I took my little one out before she and i had to go through the Middle School witch is a big joke. This year 12 teachers left and I don't know when they will wake up and see that there is a problem.

Posted August 09, 2008
My child has been going to SRS since K. He is now entering the 4th grade at a different school. I can't stand the lack of letting parents get involved. When my son was in Pre-K I was at school 3 days a week, being involved. The so called parties are on the play ground for 30 minutes, if the kids are lucky. I was a room mom 1 year (as this was the only way I could get involved with my child) and I couldn't believe this was their party. The weight of the books they bring home and of course no rolling back packs is rediculous. I don't mind the homework, but don't make my child have back problems before he is 15. I wrote a letter to Wenzel & Landry about a sick child in my fam. being included in prayers & got no response from either.

St. Rosalie School 2

Posted February 23, 2008
When you report a problem as a disruptive class or student it's like no big deal. they sweep it under the rug. When your child does something so microscopic , they want to treat it as the biggest thing to hit campus. They have no strong nor priority of how thier discipline policy should work. They don't challenge the children that are advanced. They don't even know how. They are no high standards for no child. Teach them the basic and that's it. Schools like this was known for it's challenging curriculum , not here. No leadership what so ever. There are no efforts to make the children have a self respect or high morale enviroment.

St. Rosalie School 3

Posted February 22, 2008
I have had three children go through St. Rosalie. My oldest is a junior at a very good academically challenging school and she attended St. Rosalie until the end of seventh grade. She is consistantly challenged at her high school, and take mostly AP classes. St. Rosalie gave her a very good academic base in which to preform at the high school level, and I am appreciatve of that. My two youngest are currenlty St. Rosalie students, and they are both excelent students. When we left for the storm, we put the kids in the one of the best schools in Houston and they did beautifully, so I do not agree with the parents whose kids were so far behind; perhaps they did not give the effort required? As to the discipline at the school, I agree with the parents above; it is beyond strict! Wenzel needs to lighten up!

St. Rosalie School 3

Posted September 27, 2007
Teacher turnover has been high since the storm. We were very impressed with the teachers and the lower elementary grades. Now that we are experiencing 4th grade, everything has changed. The homework load, note taking, and test schedule, has tripled with students bringing home a 12-15 lb backpack most days. My daughter makes good grades, but only because we've been up studying most nights until 9-10pm. There is no time for these kids to be kids. I feel like we are doing more teaching at home because, sometimes it seems the material is not being covered in depth enough at school.

St. Rosalie School