1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a 2015 graduate, and let me explain to you why you should NEVER send your child here. I transferred my junior year of high school, and everything was fine. They didn't work us too hard, there was no homework, not extra curriculum classes, no pep rallies, nothing more than workbooks and socializing with other kids. It was my dream, so I thought. Come my senior year in high school, a lot of problem arose. I've come to learn that this school is only after money. The graduation class numbers are decreasing as the years go by and the school is pulling any stunt they can to make a parent pay more. Even though my scores were high enough, and I managed to finish all of my work and test, I was informed I’d have to attend summer school due to days I missed. I would spend $800 to wake up, go to school, and sleep while there during one month of summer. I completed all of my work, I would only be there for the time. She let me walk across stage, receive my diploma, gave a speech and then took back the diploma until the end of summer school. We paid the money and I attended the days for summer school. Upon my request, I wanted to make up the CPR class I paid $80 for or to get a refund, neither were given to me. I continued to attend the days, until I had to go to the doctor. I turned in a note, but was informed it wasn’t accepted. The principal informed my dad I’d have to attend another full year of school, pay for another year’s tuition and pay for extra courses that I didn’t need, but she requested me to do. Finally my dad said the hell with that and we went on with our lives. Teachers and student’s both made many remarks and comments. They spoke ill of my family and I, belittling me as much as they could. Two years later, with some help from another student’s parent, I was able to move forward with this battle. The principal claimed I never turned in any notices, that I missed the day and refused to make it up or give an excuse for it. Other members of staff claimed I willingly skipped so many days, and they tried getting me to go to class. All of these stories being claimed, but the moment another party stood up for me, I was informed I just needed to turn in the doctor’s note from summer 15’, the original one that the principal refused to accept. They are extortionist and do not care about education or well being of children.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The teachers are some of the worst bullies. There are two main teachers left at this school, and I can tell you for such "holy" people they are some of the cruelest. The principal is also the counselor, and confidential information is taken and shared with other parents and students.

Supports LD students: Disagree

I've witnessed teachers make jokes and remarks to and about special need students. I don't believe this is a school that cares, nor effectively helps. Students just get by.

Develops character: Disagree

I would say strongly disagree, but due to the circumstances that they put me through, I've only become a stronger woman for it. I refuse to let anyone think that I am grateful for this school though. They took from me, more than they ever gave

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

There are no actual classes. A teacher doesn't tech the kids, they are working individually until they ask for help. Then a teacher will work out the problem for them and expect them to understand.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There was no homework, only workbooks. This school was glorified home schooling

The Kids are Racist. There was nothing but racist jokes about black going around the shool. The so-called teachers acknowlegde as if it was funny. My child did not learn anything. They do not teach. This school should be shut down immediatly. For this price i hope it shuts down soon.

Knight's Academy and High School is an awesome school that not only teaches children academics but treats the whole child......socially, emotionally, and spiritualy. The staff are loving and kind. They accept each child and help each child build their self-confidence, self -esteem, and they foster in each child that the child can conquer and master any task they put their mind to. They foster in each child a love for learnimg and growing. Give your child the gift of wanting to learn in an environment which will foster and help them grow in all domains of their life. Transferring our child to Knights was the best academic move we ever made.

Knights Academy is a self teaching school. They work by workbooks that you can purchase for $2.00. They do not teach or use a black board. Your child sits in a chair and works on his own. If this is the education you would like for your child than this is the school for you. I did not care for this school. My child did not get the one on one that was told he was going to receive. Not sure how this school stays open.

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Knights Academy. The staff really care about the children. The work with each child at his/her level and build self-confidence that yes they can. Moving my daughter to Knights Academy was one of the best things I've done for her.

Last modified Knights Academy And High School is a Private school that serves grades 1-12