Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

West Jefferson High School 2

Posted November 29, 2015
I can't stand it, there's nothing being done with the racism and ignorance, the principal doesn't care about the minorities especially hispanic/latino students who are all categorized as "Mexicans," and plus ignorance is rewarded in the school, plus how is it that I as a student do all my homework, study, take notes everyday has the same grade as a student who doesn't do anything at all, like literally the grading method sucks giving lazy students an A isn't right, they should worry about setting boundaries towards all of these problems instead of the bathroom schedule.

Posted May 18, 2014
I was a teacher in that school last year. The principal fakes grades to graduate students who did not complete their credits requirements. I provided documents showing changes of grades to the school board and to the superintendent. Nothing happened. The business as usual. The students graduate at a level well below 12th grade.

Posted March 12, 2009
hate it,,,,, i am truly disappointed in this school. My child cannot bring books home, because they only have classroom sets. But I would really love to know how much it costed to returf that football stadium. My child has repeatedly asked me why they have enough money for the athletic departments, but not enough to make sure every student has textbooks to bring home (to study or do homework). We teach our children that education is # 1, but the schools are not. Schools can say what they want, but children learn by example. What are they learning when they see a brand new football stadium, but not enough books to go around. From a concerned parent

Posted September 17, 2008
I love West Jeff I went there last year n this summer I moved but I am coming back n cannot wait to see all the great teachers n students

Posted May 13, 2008
from the first day i set foot in the halls i fell in love with Jeff and that will never change imma Buc for life

Posted March 31, 2008
I am truly disappointed in this school. My child cannot bring books home, because they only have CLASSROOM SETS. But I would really love to know how much it costed to returf that football stadium. My child has repeatedly asked me why they have enough money for the athletic departments, but not enough to make sure every student has textbooks to bring home (to study or do homework). We teach our children that education is # 1, but the schools are not. Schools can say what they want, but children learn by example. What are they learning when they see a brand new football stadium, but not enough books to go around. From a concerned parent

West Jefferson High School

Posted February 20, 2008
Wonderful Principal and Staff. I was kind of worried for my daughter to attend this school. As it turned out, my daughter had the best time of her life in her 3 years at WJHS!

Posted January 22, 2007
I am not a parent. I graduated in the year 2002. I went to high school there for three years. The princpal at that time was great. The teachers would work with you whenever you needed the extra mile. ROTC was a great program and I loved it. Extracurricular activities were awesome. The best year was my senior year. It went by so fast. West Jefferson always will be in my heart. I no longer live in New Orleans but when I come visit I will make that extra stop.

Posted April 19, 2006
I attended West Jefferson High School in my sophmore and Junior year. I was a cheerleader and loved cheering for our team. Because of Kathrina I am getting my diploma in San Antonio Texas. I am graduating with a 3.59 and I contribute most of my accomplishment to the teachers at West Jefferson High School. Especially Ms. McLendon my English teacher who told me never to give up. I am currently taking Pre-Cal.thanks to Mr. Falcon and AP English and AP Physic thanks to Ms. Woods. I will always be a BUC at heart. Our principal at West Jeff, Mr. Geer, is the best. Lots of Love, Erica Folino

West Jefferson High School 4

Posted December 03, 2005
I currently attend WJ, since after the storm my school was closed. This school has completely made me feel welcomed.I am now in ROTC ehich is a rewarding experience. I appreciate the teachers and all other staff members. They are doing a great job, and im proud to be a Buc!

West Jefferson High School
2200 8th Street, Harvey, LA  70058
Last modified West Jefferson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.