Harvey, LA
Students enrolled: 1,209

Posted May 18, 2014
I was a teacher in that school last year. The principal fakes grades to graduate students who did not complete their credits requirements. I provided documents showing changes of grades to the school board and to the superintendent. Nothing happened. The business as usual. The students graduate at a level well below 12th grade.

Posted March 26, 2009

Posted March 12, 2009
hate it,,,,, i am truly disappointed in this school. My child cannot bring books home, because they only have classroom sets. But I would really love to know how much it costed to returf that football stadium. My child has repeatedly asked me why they have enough money for the athletic departments, but not enough to make sure every student has textbooks to bring home (to study or do homework). We teach our children that education is # 1, but the schools are not. Schools can say what they want, but children learn by example. What are they learning when they see a brand new football stadium, but not enough books to go around. From a concerned parent

Posted March 01, 2009

Posted December 12, 2008

Posted September 17, 2008
I love West Jeff I went there last year n this summer I moved but I am coming back n cannot wait to see all the great teachers n students

Posted May 13, 2008
from the first day i set foot in the halls i fell in love with Jeff and that will never change imma Buc for life

Posted March 31, 2008
I am truly disappointed in this school. My child cannot bring books home, because they only have CLASSROOM SETS. But I would really love to know how much it costed to returf that football stadium. My child has repeatedly asked me why they have enough money for the athletic departments, but not enough to make sure every student has textbooks to bring home (to study or do homework). We teach our children that education is # 1, but the schools are not. Schools can say what they want, but children learn by example. What are they learning when they see a brand new football stadium, but not enough books to go around. From a concerned parent

West Jefferson High School 0

Posted February 20, 2008
Wonderful Principal and Staff. I was kind of worried for my daughter to attend this school. As it turned out, my daughter had the best time of her life in her 3 years at WJHS!

Posted December 17, 2007

West Jefferson High School
2200 8th Street, Harvey, LA  70058
Last modified West Jefferson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Jefferson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top