Bad
Good

Something very upsetting was brung to my attention, The Young Audience Program has been canceled at wood mere.... Well Since my daughter truly benefited from this program, I will fight this foolishness till the end...... Guaranteed. I rate the new principle with the stars you see selected and 5 stars for the old principle who really cared about the kids, instead of themselves. Signed, A very Angry Parent

I have two children who attend this school. If I could afford for.them to attend private school or to have them home schooled I would. My daughter was not being taught by her first gradeteacher and failed once she was transferred to another class which means she will have to repeat the first grade. My son who exceptionally smart is classified as a problem child because he is bored with what he's being taught and his educational needs are not being met. I wouldn't recommend this school to my worst enemy.

this school is by far the worst school in the state from them not caring about ur childs will being to the teachers only wanting to deal the kids they dont have to work hard to teach.. so they make ur child out to be a bad kid so one or two things will happen. they drop out of school or have low selfesteem. i would say if you really want ur kids to be at there best. home school k12.com has teacher that love to teach ur kids and the send u every thing u need. my kids are doing very will n they can not fail. repeat can not fail.. cause they will not let them move on till they learn the lesson. therefor ur kids are smarter. and the work at there own pace

As most of these parents have writen about this school it sadens me to say that it is very much true...I have also made the mistake of moving to its district but unfortunatly my three daughters have to go here.My daughters older have had a few incidents where they were assulted by other students and yet the principle has done nothing.So I wrote the school board and found out that I could not transfer my girls.There is no dicipline at this school the teachers and principle act like they are more scared of the parents and students than anything.But how can we expect these children to act any better when this school does noy care allow them to curse and in turn curse at the students as weel.Its amazing how much this school has Failed these children.This school is not safe for any child.....

this school is the best they have the smartest teachers.

Iam a sub teacher for all of the schools in Jefferson Parish, and this school like most of the public schools in Jefferson Parish have nothing positive about them, there is not enough discipline, no parent involvement, I recommend to send your child to a private school if you want them to actually learn and not have fights as part of their curriculum. When I am done with my teaching degree I defintly will not be teaching here. School should be a safe and happy learning environment and this is not. The children try to act too much like adults with the inappropriate language and fighting.

Last modified Woodmere Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.