No rating

St. Bernadette School

Private | PK-7 | 416 students

Living in Houma

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $141,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted August 28, 2013

My child does not attend St. Bernadette, but I was interested in sending him there. I interviewed with the principal and met other staff. As a single, black, parent I was very impressed. They expect the best, and so do I. They treated me great! Due to financial reasons my son could not attend. If for not that reason, I guarantee my child would have been there. Excellent school and a humbling environment.

Posted March 30, 2011

Such a shame. I have been a life-long resident of Houma and it pains me to write this review. We have two children that currently attend St. Bernadette and we are very unhappy with the direction in which this school has been going. For years, this school has had an excellent reputation in our community. Likewise, we have been impressed with the teachers, the curriculum, and the school overall. We considered our children blessed to be able to attend such a wonderful school...until THIS YEAR! The administration of this school has totally lost it!!! I am not sure exactly what is going on at St. Bernadette but it can be felt throughout the school on many different levels. The teachers have been the most caring, professional, and proficient educators we could have hoped for. However, if the school will continue to be run by incompetent leadership (and a lack of an ethical minister/board to review it), then this school will only continue to decline. In an age when decisions about education are so very important, I would seriously consider sending your child to a different private school rather than start him off down a path that is slowing crumbling (unless admin changes.)

Posted September 11, 2009

I have a duaghter (5th grade) and a son (2nd grade) at St Berenadette. Both have been going to St. Bernadette since day one. I would not even entertain the idea of sending them anywhere else. They are developing into very well rounded individuals. Everyting from the curriculum to discipline is top notch.

Posted August 26, 2009

My daughter has been in a couple of schools due to cross country moves. Her first school was ranked an 8 and her second was ranked a 9. St. Bernadette has a much better curriculum. They also put a lot of emphasis on the well being of the student. All the students are taught respect and responsibility as well as an advanced curriculum. I also should mention that we are not Catholic and she is not treated any differently. I love St. Bernadette.

Posted May 12, 2008

We may have a few little flaws (what school doesn't ?) , but I would NEVER choose a different school for my children.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Joan LeBoeuf
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Fax number
  • (985) 872-5780

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

309 Funderburk Avenue