Bad
Good

My grand kids attend this school. They love it. The office personnel are awesome and very helpful in person and on the phone.

I have a sixth grader who attends here and has since kindergarten. Another who went there from his 2nd-6th grade years and also one that just started Pre-K this year. So I have had plenty experience with this school. It is a great little school. My kids have always done well here.

I hate this school...they claim every child needs pills or they cant handle it..if your kid dosent make all A's they say they are add/adhd, and want you to shove the pills down your childs throat..this school will call you at home just to ask if your kid has taken their "meds". if you are the type of parent that will let a stranger tell you something is wrong with your kid..then by all means here is the place for you..they want ur kids doped up so they can control them, instead of them doing real work...my daught is going to 6th grade next year, so glad she is almost done, i would move before i would let another child of mine go to this dump!! They always want money!! and if your the type of parent whom dosent want to medicate and try other things to help..they will call u everytime ur kids farts the wrong way...get ready make sure your child has only A's and B's cause is not they must be ADD!!!

I have 2 kids that go to this school, one in 2nd grade and one in Kindergarten. The 2nd grader loves her teacher and the teacher loves doing her job. She is learning alot in that classroom. After I got to know my sons kindergarten teacher and the administration it has been hell ever since. The teacher doesn't want to deal with anything, doesn't interact with the kids AT all. She has admited to us and the administration a few times on how she can't control the class, but they don't do anything at all about it. The kids are getting in trouble because the teacher doesn't know how to teach. The administration doesn't care about the kids nor what the parents see in a situation. They want to push you off. Every school will have there bad and good things in it. But this one I have only found one good thing about it, the times off they have. This school needs alot of work done to it, before my kids ever go back to it.

I am a parent of a VERY hyper-active 5 yr. old son that is about to start Kindergarten with Coteau this year. I'd have to say his Pre-School year was horrifying and miserable for me because I knew he was a handful. After I got to know the teachers and administration I've seen that they really had their heart into making sure my son understood the rules and consequences and really made an effort to understand what makes him tick. My son has come a very long way behavior wise. He is very excited to be going back this year and I m pretty confident he'll do better.

My son has autism and has been going to CBB for speech and toward the end of the school year started attending the prek class a couple times a week. His Teachers have worked wonders with him. He now loves to be around the kids and doesnt fuss as badly/or at all when we go to a new place. I am excited to have him going full time next school year. Everyone there is so understanding of him. They work so hard to help him be able to function normally. I love the fact that his class room is majority normal education students. They dont make me or him feel like he is any different than a normal child.

I have two son in CBB. One in 1st and one in pre-k. We transferred here in august teacher rating is awesome. my 1st grader excelled immediately. my pre-k's teacher never has a complaint. my only concerns are that A.] pre-k has entirely too many 'field trips, that i think takes away from teach time and that the school does not invite parents but does not want to be responsible for any bad things that could happen. And B.] the school askes for money every week. They encourage the kids to go home and 'tell your parents to bring you here' ex:chucky cheese. My kids get home and cry bc i have to break their hearts i try to explain these things take money and planning its not just get up and go and that we have family night when we decide not the school!

I have three kids that attend CBB a son in K, a daughter in 2nd and a son in 4th. They have the best teachers. The best administration. I refuse to move until my kids are finish with CBB

I am a parent of 2 daughters who attended CBB, one from K-6, and one from K-5, she is in 5th grade now, I could not ask for a better school. The teachers are wonderful, my oldest daughter wasn't the best student but her teachers always tried with her, my youngest who is still enrolled in CBB is very smart and well behaved and her teachers love her and make sure me and my husband know how well she does. She loves her school.

Last modified Coteau-Bayou Blue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.