No rating

Messiah Montessori

Private | PK-9 | 160 students

Montessori, International Faculty, and French/Spanish Language Immersion

Living in Houma

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $176,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted Saturday, August 16, 2014

School is starting on Monday, August 18. As a teacher at Messiah Montessori, I am very excited to see the children and teach them new lessons that will help them grow. Messiah is a great school where the administration and teachers have a heart of love and compassion for the children. We go the extra mile. When you enter the building, you will experience a family atmosphere. Because of this atmosphere, the children love to learn and go beyond the norm. They love their school. This school is an asset to our community and a great example of Montessori education.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 20, 2014

This school has blessed me and my family in ways inconceiveable through conventional training methods. By stepping out of the box and figuring out what naturally works in society for consensus and harmony, Messiah has created an entire generation of young people who not only "know" how to learn but they actually see learning as fluid and changing and constantly changing. These students inspire others to make life changes in approaches to everyday problems we all share. Messiah has educated my children's character; not just standardized facts and figures. They have "infected" me with teaching and parenting methods I would have otherwise not known of. This is a vision that, if properly nourished, can "infect" the entire world with wisdom and kindness -- naturally!!!

Posted April 4, 2014

They charge 1,000$ a year for a years prescription to Rosetta Stone which is manditory when you can order the complete Rosetta Stone program for a couple hundred dollars. After paying 5,000$ a year there are also no buses and threw-out the school year you are required to pay for extras including a 325$ fee for the spring gala, which you will then be asked to donate and buy auction items . Many expensive extras you will be required to pay for

Posted March 15, 2014

Messiah Montessori is a model Montessori school with a great reputation in the national and state Montessori community. Other Montessori schools send their teachers and staff members to our school for learning experiences. Messiah Montessori School is an approved practicum site for Montessori Teacher Training Centers to train new Montessori teachers.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 28, 2014

I go to this school and I think it is awesome! I like it because I like the materials. They help me learn a lot of cool things. I like that I can work with my friends. I really like math and science. I like recess and lunch too! I like my teachers and Pastor Jules because they are involved in the things I do and I feel like they support me. I just think every kid should like their school as much as I like mine.

Posted January 21, 2014

This school is fair at best. The school lacks leadership and is driven by money and profits. Many of the staff with children do not even send their children here. The teachers are decent but get burned out easily and there is a lot of turnover. Only a matter of time before the school goes completely under. Also try contacting other Montessori schools and they will tell you that Messiah Montessori is an emaressment to the program.

Posted August 26, 2013

Messiah Montessori is a wonderful school with caring teachers and wise leadership that parents can trust with their children. Our Middle School student loves this school! Looking forward to his high school years at Messiah with its innovative College and Career approach to education!

Posted August 26, 2013

At Messiah, you will find a school where children are treated with respect, the atmosphere is loving, and the learning possibilities are endless. Great teachers and great principals who truly believe in our children. Messiah is the "School of Choice" for the Houma region. Parents owe it to themselves and their children, to schedule a visit to Messiah to discover the school where children are happy and excited to learn.

Posted July 16, 2012

Super protective parent of my only child I had at the age of 40. I prayed for her for a long time and God blessed us. This precious little girl loves Montessori. She looks forward to going every day. At 2 years old Montessori teachers have taught her to count to 20 in English and Spanish. She knows her colors in both languages. She knows the alphabet, numerous songs and is learning to write her letters - at 2! When she sang, "Jesus loves me this I know...." my husband and I were delighted. Thank you Montessori for giving us a faith based, safe, child focused environment for our blessing.

Posted January 28, 2012

This school lacks leadership, the principal is in Paris going to school the majority of the school year. The do have difficulties in selecting and keeping teachers as well.

Posted October 25, 2011

This school is fantastic! My two year old knows the globe and my three year old has started reading. If EVER one of them bonks their heads, I get a call immediately. If EVER any child is sick, we receive a print out notice letting parents know there is a possibility of our child getting it and what the symptoms are. My children are very independent as a result of this school. The teachers hug and love on the children as if they were their own. Best of all, they have valet pick up and drop off! The teachers bring the smaller children to their vehicles at pick up and get them from the cars at drop off--strap them in and everything. The BEST!!!

Posted December 1, 2010

This place has issues, philosophically. There are certain "ethics" that one should know before placing your child here: One, make sure that your baby, yes baby, can drink from a real cup or else s/he will a) drown themselves and b) be thirsty ALL DAY LONG. Two, do not say good-bye to your child. They frown at parents that 'linger' too long with a kiss and hug. Three, they have a network similar to that of the Gestapo; if you say something, anything, they keep tabs on it and put it in your child's "permanent record." Also, they do not like if you are interested in why, say, your kid has a new bruise.

Posted September 7, 2009

We love the school. My child has flourished in an environment where everyone is accepted for who they are. Each child is treated with kindness and respect. It truly is individual education but in an environment that fosters community.

Posted April 2, 2009

It is a graet school and I love it
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 27, 2008

I thank God every day for this school. The method is perfect and the teachers know each individual child which ables them to excel.

Posted October 4, 2007

This is my son's sixth year in the school and my daughter's third. My wife and could not be more pleased with how happy our children are in this environment. You can see they are learning and becoming so confident in who they are. Dr. Jules And Ms. Deborah are completely dedicated to the vision of this school and these children in hopes of developing excellent people and excellent students. We have enjoyed all the teachers that have helped are children grow and as the school expands we look forward to meeting the teachers that will come on staff. People working together in love and community always produce great results. Wow, what an awesome school.

Posted October 2, 2007

My child was in this school for two years. In those two year 4 teachers were changed and 2 others were brought in mid-year. It seems that the teaching staff was more interested in teaching age advanced math and reading, not taking the time to make sure the child became well versed in the basics.

Posted May 14, 2006

I love that no matter what 'grade' my child is in, she will be challenged at her individual level. The teachers are phenomenal, I couldn't ask for a better environment for my children to grow in. I would recommend it to anyone!

Posted May 4, 2006

Love it! Great environment...We Love the Montessori way. Our teachers are wonderful and we appreciate them with all of our hearts. Montessori not only offers a great way of education..it also instills self esteme, children working together..freedom of feelings and each childs individual way to express themselves. No other way of education can compare to what we have here. Our school is all about our children! The arts and music cannot compare to any other school. We are here to stay!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
Gardening teacher(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
French
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 am
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr.Jules Boquet
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Cooking/Nutrition teacher(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher

• Drama
  • Poetry
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club
  • Drama club
  • Girls on the run
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom