Houma, LA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 19, 2014
Wow!! Great theatre production and violin concert at the 'Night Before Christmas' school performance. Very creative and clever original play!!! Packed house as usual. and all students have opportunity to participate, from toddlers to high school. What a feat!! Students at Messiah Montessori are so fortunate to have these fine arts opportunities. This school and its staff has so much energy and excellence in everything they do.
59 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2014
Houma's BEST kept secret!! I just toured Messiah Montessori and was absolutely impressed beyond words with what I saw...children working independently and focused on learning; high levels of work and understanding; foreign language immersion; beautiful classrooms filled with learning materials; and the most peaceful and productive learning environment that I have ever seen!! Houma needs to discover this educational gem that is in our midst.

Posted November 02, 2014
At Messiah, our children really understand what they are being taught. Instead of just memorizing facts that would soon be forgotten, they learn content and the skills to apply what they learn. Teachers and staff really care. And it's a real family place. All the teachers have their own children attending the school. The school atmosphere is so pleasant and peaceful. This is the kind of school that I wish I had gone to when I was going to school. It is truly an amazing place!!

Posted October 25, 2014
Messiah Montessori is a great school that teaches hands-on methods of learning to our children. There are so many Montessori learning materials in each classroom. You can tell that the school invests lots of finances into the Montessori materials and classrooms so that our children can learn in a beautiful learning environment. The teachers are so friendly and loving. School staff is professional and truly helpful. We appreciate everything that is done for us, especially the fact that our children can remain here for their entire education through High School.
75 people found this helpful

Posted October 11, 2014
Messiah Montessori is a true treasure for our community. My child loves this school and is learning so much. It is a loving place with friendly staff and wonderful teachers. Outstanding in every way!! Highest recommendations!!!
99 people found this helpful

Posted September 12, 2014
Once again Messiah Montessori offers a one year subscription to Rosetta Stone for only $40 to its school families. Messiah is pleased to pass along this money-saving educational opportunity to our school families, as it also did last year.

Posted August 16, 2014
School is starting on Monday, August 18. As a teacher at Messiah Montessori, I am very excited to see the children and teach them new lessons that will help them grow. Messiah is a great school where the administration and teachers have a heart of love and compassion for the children. We go the extra mile. When you enter the building, you will experience a family atmosphere. Because of this atmosphere, the children love to learn and go beyond the norm. They love their school. This school is an asset to our community and a great example of Montessori education.

Posted May 20, 2014
This school has blessed me and my family in ways inconceiveable through conventional training methods. By stepping out of the box and figuring out what naturally works in society for consensus and harmony, Messiah has created an entire generation of young people who not only "know" how to learn but they actually see learning as fluid and changing and constantly changing. These students inspire others to make life changes in approaches to everyday problems we all share. Messiah has educated my children's character; not just standardized facts and figures. They have "infected" me with teaching and parenting methods I would have otherwise not known of. This is a vision that, if properly nourished, can "infect" the entire world with wisdom and kindness -- naturally!!!

Messiah Montessori 2

Posted April 04, 2014
They charge 1,000$ a year for a years prescription to Rosetta Stone which is manditory when you can order the complete Rosetta Stone program for a couple hundred dollars. After paying 5,000$ a year there are also no buses and threw-out the school year you are required to pay for extras including a 325$ fee for the spring gala, which you will then be asked to donate and buy auction items . Many expensive extras you will be required to pay for
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 15, 2014
Messiah Montessori is a model Montessori school with a great reputation in the national and state Montessori community. Other Montessori schools send their teachers and staff members to our school for learning experiences. Messiah Montessori School is an approved practicum site for Montessori Teacher Training Centers to train new Montessori teachers.
73 people found this helpful