Iowa, LA

Iowa High School 5

Posted March 20, 2013
The academics at this school were phenomenal. The Biology, English and French classes were amazing (I went to a lot of high schools, so I have compared them). I will say that this is probably my favorite one because the students that went here were very unique and social, accepting and smart. Most of the teacher's methods are very special. They really get you involved. I was surprised how much the teachers cared and how much they want you to learn.. Not just for the standardized tests, but for the future. A+

Iowa High School 2

Posted September 09, 2005
- a former student

Posted February 04, 2005
- a former student
IHS Yellow Jackets. I refer to my years at IHS as the growing years. I made many friends and had wonderful teachers. My graduating class rocked in athletics (track, basketball, baseball, etc.) - name it, we conquered it. It's a nice town to grow up in. I have learned in order to become successful in anything, especially life, you have to take action, because if you don't life will push you out the way and move on without you. People ask why I'm always running - well it's because I'm trying to keep up. That what I hope many other youngsters will do - keep up. How can they do this you might ask? Well, get and education, work hard at whatever you do (school, athletics, job), never give up (no one likes a quitter), and always set goals. IHS gets an A+ in my book. Go Yellow Jackets. Love Jackie.

Posted August 24, 2004
Iowa High school in my opinion is a really great school. The teachers really try to get involved as much as they can with all their students. My Art teacher Mrs. Guillory taught me to never give up on my dreams. I have always wanted to go to school for interior design, and guess what. I am doing just that. Iowa High really beleives in extra curicullar activities, and they really support them. When I went to school there I enjoyed almost all of my teachers. For instance, Mrs Hoffpauir who then was my English teacher always made sure I stayed focused even though I had trouble with grammar. She is now the asst. principal. I have to say if it were not for the great teachers at Iowa High I probably would not be where I am today. My years at Iowa High were the best years of my life.

Posted June 28, 2004
I am a senior at Iowa and I have to admit that Iowa is the best place that I has been to so far! I graduate in 2005. The teachers, staff students & sports are really exciting. It may be boring at times but I wouldnt go to any other school!

Posted April 15, 2004
I beleive as a whole the High School is a good one. The leadership and discipline is good. I graduated in 1983 and this school has improved tremendously with my daughter graduating 2004. The FFA and 4H programs are exceptional. I would encourage any student interested in an ag program to try to come to Iowa High. I do wish that they supported the Rodeo kids a little more. The kids and sponsor represent Iowa in the High School Rodeo Association and do an excellent job, and are recognized all over the state. We even have students who are state champions and go on to compete Nationally. I have found a very caring academic atmosphere at Iowa. Even had teachers call at home when my daughter was absent to check on her. (Rare) I don't have to worry like I did at the Junior High.

Iowa High School 2

Posted November 03, 2003
Iowa high can be improved in numerous ways...the graduates, like myself, find that most students that graduate from that school have no goals to get far in life...much less cirriculum advantage. They need more classes and more motivation among the faculty. I am like an exception because I had the motivation to get as far away as possible from that school. Unlike others, I had goals to make something out of myself when this school just seemed to hold me back.

Iowa High School
401 West Miller Ave, Iowa, LA  70647
Last modified Iowa High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Iowa High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top