Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Although this school is looked at as the "bad school", it really isn't. I have. Not witnessed much cases of bullying.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework load is not heavy at all. Although there is little, the student actuslly learns from it.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! I have attended since the sixth grade, and now am a freshman in college. At first I was scared that I wouldn't be prepared for college, but when I entered my classes (i attend Emry) I knew they were going to be a breeze. I am acing my tests and classes. After attending Riverdale, I feel not only prepared academicly, but also for the real world.

Don't believe the negative reviews. My daughter attended Riverdale middle for 6-8th grade and I couldn't be happier. She was in all honors classes and gifted art. The curriculum is the same if not better than any private or Catholic school and it's free! Because of the great teachers and the art program, my daughter was accepted into NOCCA for academics and art for high school. It's because of the preparation that this school offered.

Someone should post the school's dropout and failure rate by teacher. Prospective students & parents, don't believe the positive reviews you see below. They are written by administrators trying to hide the truth and the fact that this school is disgrace to the community and the children who attend. Perhaps if there were not so many problem children there, the teachers wouldn't treat the remaining children so unfairly and coldly. This school turns promising students into problem students with their one size fits all methods for teaching and disciplining. Worst mistake ever sending my child here. We are still recovering.

My child and my child's classmates were all suspended for 9 days out of school for simply talking after everyone in the classroom had finished testing. This was the principal's decision of consequence. The goal of the school staff is supposed to be seeing that our children are getting an education. How can this happen when they impose out of school suspensions for the most insignificant of infractions? Suspensions have a devastating impact on a child's ability to get a complete education. When I was a child in school my schools reserved suspension for the most grievous offenses such as physically assaulting another student. I am absolutely disgusted that this school imposes undeserved consequences that are harmful to our children's education. If your child is a robot then send them to this school. It will be a miracle if my child does not fail due to this misuse of suspension consequence.

Worse school ever I dislike riverdale so much it is extremely disorganized and bad for students. Most of the students there have no discipline what so ever. They are the worse children ever. This was my first public school I have ever went to and definitely the last one I will go to. NEXT STOP BROTHER MARTIN!

Riverdale Middle is a great school. I have had three children attend the school and could not have been more pleased. The IBO program provides outstanding opportunities for students to learn and develop. Other parents I have spoken to feel that the school is too strict, but I am grateful to have a public school that has as high a standard for behavior as it has for academics. The students are required to take courses each year in technology, art, and foreign language in conjunction with the standard curriculum that other middle schools offer. The atmosphere of the school has changed a great deal over the past few years with the establishment of the International Baccalaureate Program. If you are shopping around for a great school where your child will receive an excellent education, then you need to visit this school!

Riverdale Middle School in Jefferson LA is an absolutely awesome school. Riverdale Middle is an International Baccaulaureate School - in fact the only middle school on the East BAnk with that honor. The faculty and staff at the school are extremely caring and do their best to help each and every child reach his/her potential. It is the only middle school I know of that offers foreign language, piano, quilting, art, computer classes as electives to middle school students. The school is strict in that it expects the best out of each student. Following rules is what people should do, rather than a school having chaos. Any parent who has not visited RMS should schedule a tour to see this school during the school day. There is no screaming at students. It has to be the safest best run school anywhere. Schedule a tour to see for yourself.

i go to riverdale middle school. it is a wonderfull school. i love it it has so much to offer. so if youre putting your child in a school but youre still looking riverdlae middle school should be your first choice.

Last modified Riverdale Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.