Jefferson, LA

Posted September 10, 2013
a great school this is my childs' first year a freshman. He signed on the football team and was accepted playing first string. The coaches are great they are helpful in every way. The coaches seem to care about their academic achievements as well as the sports. They have also taken an interest in his feeling as a human being always there to encourage. I give RIVERDALE A FIVE IN THE RATING SYSTEM. At this time I have not met any teachers therefore I can not comment in this area.

Posted May 29, 2012
teachers at riverdale are caring, knowledgeable, and push students to achieve. its almost like a family atmosphere

Posted May 15, 2012
This is definitely the best public high school of the big four on the East Bank. Riverdale is smaller than Grace King, Bonnabel, and East Jefferson, which also benefits the students as they get a more personal education. My son really enjoys attending school here and is involved in many sports and will be entering the IB program. The teachers and administration seem to really care about the students and it shows. If you want the best education for your son/daughter without having to pay a fortune for private school, check out Riverdale High School. You won't be disappointed!

Posted April 23, 2012
I began attending Riverdale High School in the fall of 2008. This is the same year that the current principal took over. Throughout my past four years at Riverdale, this school has vastly improved and has taken over the "throne" as having the highest test scores in the Jefferson Parish Public School System. The teachers really care and push and encourage you to academic excellence. For those who need a challenge in school, they can enroll in the IBO program. The IBO program not only challenges your academic ability, but allows you to prepare for college and get a feel for what is to come. I am currently in the IBO program and it has definitely made me grow as a student. There are various sports that you can play and many other organizations such as National Honors Society, Student Council, Go Green Club, etc. Riverdale High School also has an award winning art program with many of its students placing at the state level. Just as with any other school, there are those who come to school because their parents make them, not because they want to learn. That is the only downfall. The pros definitely outweigh the cons, and I am proud to be graduating from Riverdale this year.

Posted November 29, 2010
I had already registered my daughter at a parochial high school when I got invited to check out Riverdale High School. I thought I should know what I was rejecting so I thought I could at least check it out for myself. It was not what I expected! I was impressed by the quality of the programs, teachers and the facility. I then had my husband tour the campus and then my child. We all liked what we saw. Her first few days were awkward but now she loves it. She has found friends with similiar values and interests and has been positively encouraged by her peers and teachers to do her best to a degree she has not recieved before. I particularly have found the teachers to be excellent. They are there for you if you are interested. There have been IBO graduates in specialty areas and by now I'm sure some have obtained a full IBO degree. The program was initiated in 2006. The quality is there for the taking but your child must have been raised to value education, respect others, and be-self motivated to get the most out of it. I would tell others to check it out for themselves and decide.

Posted December 10, 2009

Riverdale High School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
I have had children at Riverdale High School for the last 8 years. It's interesting that while it promotes itself as an IBO school - there have been ZERO IBO graduates while Ehret has had numerous students each year. The school needs a serious overhaul. Teachers have absolutely NO interest in helping students succeed in school or life.

Posted May 19, 2009

Riverdale High School 4

Posted January 18, 2009
As a current student of Riverdale, I agree that while it does have its challenges, it is also a great school. The teachers teach to the extent that they can, but it is up to you to ask questions to clarify what you don't understand. The after-school tutoring program can help you if you still don't understand some of the material. When I came to Riverdale my Freshman year, I wanted to hate it. Then, I met some really awesome people and I found that it was impossible to hate a school that cares so much about you and it's also impossible to be in every club.

Posted July 28, 2008

Riverdale High School
240 Riverdale Drive, Jefferson, LA  70121
Last modified Riverdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverdale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top