Jefferson, LA

Posted July 30, 2014
I worked under the new principal when he was an administrator at De La Salle High School. I found him to be an amazing teacher, role model, and leader for all of us. The entire De La Salle faculty was devastated when he left in May to become the principal at St. Agnes. If anyone can bring St. Agnes to greatness, that person would be him. His stress on academic achievement for all motivated even the most stubborn learners. His positive energy is just what St. Agnes needs. I would certainly send my children to St. Agnes under his leadership.

Posted July 30, 2014
St. Agnes School is currently implementing many positive changes for this coming school year. The new principal is an experienced Catholic school administrator who genuinely cares for the spiritual and academic development of each student. Many enthusiastic, well-qualified, and experienced instructors have been hired to teach the students using brand new Common Core Aligned textbooks and teacher resources. I would highly recommend giving St. Agnes the opportunity to educate your child. You won't be disappointed!

Posted July 08, 2014
My daughter was a student at this school for 3yrs . And her first year was pretty good then after that , I started to see a shift in the way things were done but still my daughter seem to make good grade so like all parents , I just continued to smile and sign the contract for the following years to come. St.Agnes School was a failure for my daughter , she was not prepared for high school and then, when it was time to test for high school she was given the run around for placement due to her" low test scores".She and I both were humiliated by shoved around like cattle after being excepted and then unexpected by certain schools.My daughter is a extremely bright young lady makes great grades but was faced with turn down after, turn down due to St.Agnes School over sight of my daughters test anxiety issues and poor instruction by staff.

St. Agnes School 2

Posted May 20, 2014
Sending my child to this school has been one of the worst choices I could have made. He's in 4th grade and the teachers were so under prepared in implementing common core curriculum i think the majority of the kids failed. Math was a joke! Teachers don't communicate and extracurricular is was nonexistent. I'm sorry I made this choice.

Posted May 14, 2014
St Agnes is a joke. The school currently doesn't have a principal and the teachers don't care. Ever since the tuition vouchers were implemented and accepted here the school has gone downhill and fast. That's because the teachers are not happy with teaching voucher students. I am a paying parent and it's a shame that teachers would fail as teachers because of such a thing. The teacher turn over rate is horrible. They leave after one year, which should be a sign. But kudos to them for not staying and failing as a teacher as a result of being somewhere they want to be. The only way they are able to keep there doors open is by accepting vouchers, that should have been a sign also. This school has disappointed myself and several other "PAYING" parents. Don't ruin your child's education and future by sending them to St Agnes!!!

Posted March 23, 2012
I was student of Saint Agnes Middle School for three years, sixth to eight grade. I do not really have anything nice to say about this school. For the three years I attended this school I was bullied on daily basis. Teachers saw it and did nothing about it. I went to school everyday in fear, wandering what was going to happen next. What made even worse was I even feared the teachers, they made it very clear to me that they did not care. I was told by a teacher that it was all my fault. I also remember how one teacher will spread other students private business to other students and even pass rumors about others student to the class. Their form of discipline was to humiliate students in front of all the others and to scream on top of their lungs at the student. They teach students that its not ok to make a mistake. If you did make a mistake you were humiliated. They would not teach you how to learn for your mistakes. For years because of this I ended up with low self worth. I've learned not to trust anyone. I did eventually work this out in therapy and moved on, but I will never bring a child to St. Agnes Middle School.

Posted March 22, 2012
if you love your child and you want them to get a good education, DO NOT send them to St. Agnes. My son spent 3 years there (4-6) and we had a horrible experience. Principle is horrible. Extracurricular is terrible.

Posted February 01, 2011
I was a student at St. Agnes from Pre-k to 7th grade and I can tell you from experience that this is an adequate school. My best years were at St.Agnes, it was very intimate experience and all of the teachers cared for me and my class's well being and learning. Teachers there make it a fun experience and we still learn a lot. What the school lacks in quantity of teachers, it makes up for in quality. I am currently in Rummel right now and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss St. Agnes. Believe me, I know from experience how great this school is and if you are a parent thinking about sending your child there then know that if you do he/she will be in good hands and will leave with close friends and great memories, I guarantee it.

St. Agnes School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
I don't know who wrote the post below, but I would like to add my comments. My child has been a student at St. Agnes School since pre k and is entering seventh grade. The principal is dedicated to the well-being of each individual student. She cares for the students and can be found before and well after the dismissal bell! She is devoted to the academic development of each student and disiplinary actions are taken care of as necessary. The staff is extemely well qualified and adheres to the curriculum set forth by the Louisiana Department of Education. I use Edline daily to view the school calendar, news items, and homework assignments. Grades in Edline are posted weekly by the teachers. The teachers have returned phone calls to me the same day that I have called. Many of the teachers have been at St. Agnes School for twenty plus years!

St. Agnes School 2

Posted May 13, 2009
St. Agnes has deteriorated since Jack Truxillo successor took over as principal. The past four years has been a disaster. The school lacks leadership, discipline, and concern for the students education. The staff is up, down, and all over the place. They can not keep a steady staff. St Agnes use to be a great place to send your children but now its ridiculously out of control !! Don't be excited about Edline because grades are posted biweekly.Tring to get a teacher to respond to email is an 'Act of Congress'. Before/Aftercare teacher's assistant is great but she needs help. She has to see after the 1st through 8th graders. Kudos to her!!!!.She is one of the few original staff members who really care about the well being of the children.

St. Agnes School