Jonesboro, LA

Posted August 27, 2012
To those who do read this Jonesboro-Hodge High School is not the best school in the state I admit but if you are only looking at one point of view this school has taught me a lot of thing that i will need to go on in life some people may talk bad about it but i bet if you ask them if they could go back to that school they would so please don't start judging JH-HS before you find out what is behind our doors ok thank you.

Jonesboro-Hodge High School 2

Posted August 10, 2012
This school system used to be like home to me. It was something I looked forward to, I love to learn. But now, it has become such an embarrasment. Everyone is always strict about the wrong things, such as; tucking in your shirt when there are students who are skipping class to go smoke in the outside bathroom; wearing white socks instead of the fact that half the teachers can't or don't control their students and their mouths; and my personal favorite, the fact that the high school's new "teaching plan" is for the students to teach themselves and the TEACHERS are just outside observers.

Jonesboro-Hodge High School 2

Posted May 01, 2010
I am shocked at the number of positive reviews of this school! Anyone who believes that the academics are 'excellent' isn't very observant. The athletics are good. I don't believe that 'if they want to learn they have the opportunity and will be prepared for college.' There are some great teachers, but there are so many disruptions from students who don't care (which seem to make up the majority of the student body) that no student who wants to learn will be able to. As a former student, I can testify that if you just want a school where you can play sports and easily pass all your classes, J-H is the place. However, if you want to be academically challenged, you should look elsewhere. It's not ALL bad, but academics is certainly not its strong point. With a good principal, disciplinary action, and some more funding, it could be fine.

Posted April 22, 2010
excellent school from academics to athletics. its not a bad school unless your child makes it that way. if they want to learn they have the opportunity and will be prepared for college!!! Comming from a student at jonesboro-hodge class of 2012!

Posted November 17, 2008
jonesboro-hodge is a great school.

Posted October 31, 2008
It's an ok school, but not really a school that will be able to prepare it's students for college.

Posted September 30, 2008
I do believe that this is a great school and the administration does the best that can with what they have available. Keep up the great work JHHS Administration and Teachers!!!!!!!!!!

Posted October 04, 2007
this school is not fare, studients are treated diffrently, depending on whos kid you are!

Jonesboro-Hodge High School 1

Posted September 05, 2007
im a student at this school and i hate it. there is nothing for us to do and we dont learn anything. there are too many fights and i would move in a second if i had the chance.

Posted September 10, 2006
Hi, I'm a student at Jonesboro-Hodge and our school is changing drastically. We have a new better principal(Mrs.Bertha Robinson) and she has brought so much to the school. We have pep rallies again, a band, and a new theatre department. Our teachers are fantastic and the students are great.

225 Pershing Highway, Jonesboro, LA  71251
Last modified Jonesboro-Hodge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jonesboro-Hodge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top