Kenner, LA

Posted July 15, 2014
I would never recommend this school. The teachers are unqualified and uncertified to even be teachers. The academics for the children, in turn, suffer, and you spend all evening teaching your child what should have already been taught during school hours. Any complaints about the school or teachers falls on deaf ears, and you are made to feel stupid as a parent for even questioning their methods of teaching. The principal, however, does try her best to do what is best for the school, but the school board has tied her hands to move the school forward, leaving the same backward practices in place. Also, I had to begin sending my children to extra tutoring for Quran recitation lessons because although this IS an ISLAMIC SCHOOL, the children aren't even taught how to properly make Wudu!

Posted June 06, 2014
I Don't recommend. The school academy is poor. Most teachers are not certified. No computer lab. Paying for my kids to use the library but there is no good books to read. Not all parents treated same. I don't think the school can be improved.

Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans 5

Posted September 04, 2011
Thank God there is such school. My kids are getting the education they need in this wild world. keep up the good work.

Posted February 23, 2009
My son atended pre k in there and i find that it was a horrible school .No organization at all .Teachers come and go as they please .And if there is any special need for your child they don't want him there.My son is not there anymore I put him in a public school and he is doing wonderful

Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans 5

Posted December 09, 2008
My son is in the pre Kindergarten. I am really impressed with the wonderful education. My son is learning a lot and the teachers are very commited.

Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans
2420 Illinois Avenue, Kenner, LA  70062
Last modified Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Islamic School Of Greater New Orleans Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top