Kenner, LA

A.C. Alexander Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2014
My only complaint would be common core but other than that, the school has gotten better and I'm very pleased. Both of my children make good grades, love their teachers and they enjoy school. I am also satisfied with the principal and the assistant principal so I hope they stay on top of things like they are.

Posted October 02, 2014
Very poor. I have two honor roll students and this is their second year here. The teachers and administration want Zero parental involvement. It's incredibly frustrating for the parents. I hope significant changes are made so children who attend this school have a better experience in the future.

Posted October 09, 2013
I agree with the others. I sent my son here even though I had read the reviws and they are right. They aren't parent friendly. The teachers are mean. My son is in preK and he hates it. He loved the school he went to the previous year but now he hates school. Its so sad because my son loved to go to school last year and loved to learn but hates school now.he says his teachers are mean and yells all day. He won't be returning back next year thats for sure.

Posted January 21, 2013
This school is HORRIBLE! I should have trusted these reviews and sent my children elsewhere. It's true, they are NOT PARENT FRIENDLY and the principal has a very non-chalant and disrespectful attitude. Parents please pay attention to these reviews and save yourself some headaches. They are inconsistent and unorganized which is extremely upsetting. Send your kids to a school with structure and strong parent involvement.

Posted January 07, 2013
This used to be a great school. We loved it. However, in the last 2 years it has become horrible. They are not Parent Friendly, the Principal and Teachers are MEAN to the children and do not communicate with parents at all. When they do finally communicate they are very sarcastic and uncaring. I pulled my child out and sent him to another school. His grades went from F's to Straight A's in a matter of weeks. He now looks forward to going to school.

Posted September 07, 2012
Avoid if at all possible. I have 2 children there and am about to request a transfer due to issues. They are NOT parent friendly AT ALL. You are not allowed past the office for any reason. They are VERY strict about this to the point of guarding the door (happened today). This started with my oldest in K in 2010. the teacher allowed him to walk off after school to the road with strangers where I managed to catch him. She let him cry for an hour every day for over a month and never told anyone. I knew something was wrong so I investigated. this came out in a meeting. He only attended the 2nd half of the year, so we worked out way through it. Now, my 2nd son is in K, with the same teacher and the same teacher let my son walk off from school, down to the street with strangers. I caught him jsut in time. We are talking 4 and 5 year olds wandering off with no clue where they are going. Teacher had n clue. My 4 yr old is terrified. they literally drag him down the hall by his arms and 1 attempted to pull him by the back of his head. i stopped her and she walked away. they are NOT kind to children. They do not treat them as individuals with their own needs. something isn't right.

Posted August 08, 2011
I am 24 years of age, but when I had migrated to the U.S. with my family, the first school I had the privilege of getting enrolled in, was A.C. Alexander. The teachers there made sure no child was left behind, in learning and growing up in a safe, yet fun; educational environment. I remember my P.E. teachers were the best and made gym class so fun. My teachers instilled in me, a practice of guidance and working hard. To also think for yourself. I thought the uniforms were great idea because deciding what outfit to wear to school was a very tough decision:) I praise this school and the teachers that opened the door for further education. I am now at The Ohio State University, studying to be a nurse. My family moved to Ohio, summer of ' 98. The fourth grade was the last grade I completed at A.C. Alexander. However, I will always have with me the attributes of this great school!

Posted October 20, 2009
I love AC Alexander because they have wonderful teachers who instill a joy for learning in my child.

A.C. Alexander Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Great school. Son loves it there.

Posted October 02, 2009

A.C. Alexander Elementary School
600 West Esplanade Avenue, Kenner, LA  70065
Last modified A.C. Alexander Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A.C. Alexander Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top