Clancy Elementary School For The Arts 4

Posted August 11, 2013
My 3 kids attended Clancy-Maggiore before Clancy merged with Maggiore. Before the merger the principal was totally clueless about what was going on in her own school. She was very rude to the fact she did not speak to the parents nor did she interact with the kids. The teachers were not hands on as far as teaching the kids. I can recall sitting in countless meetings in regards to my kids education. There was 1 great teacher out of many that took her job seriously and wasn't lazy. Since the merger the new principal and new teachers I can honestly say great school much different than before. It's more of a family environment!

Clancy Elementary School For The Arts 5

Posted November 28, 2011
We have tried it all-private, public, charter...what it comes down to is that my super creative genius level kid is just not happy sitting in a chair all day receiving information from a traditional lesson. Sound familiar? Then Clancy might be the change you are looking for. They use arts integration--using the arts to help teach all subjects. This is the same method used by Lusher. It involves projects, movement, children learning things by doing, etc. Unfortunately, this school has not gotten near the positive attention (or magnet enrollment) it needs to survive here. It seems that they have overall lower test scores, which have a lot to do with factors beyond their immediate control. Besides, the tests aren't as important as what happens to your child while they are there. Is it a meaningful, positive experience that helps them grow and learn? Or is it a place where they are expected to sit quietly, with little opportunity for creativity, interaction, or critical thinking? Even the best conventional public schools in this parish are guilty of just that. I say to heck with test scores. I don't want my child taught to a test anyways. Step outside the box, and give Clancy a chance.

Clancy Elementary School For The Arts 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers and staff rock they are the beast at getting the kids what they need.

Posted May 27, 2009
The school was a disgrace. The teachers are nice but not equipted to teach these children. The school is unorganized and they don't have field trips as much as other schools do and the principal is clueless.

Posted June 10, 2005
I am a parent of a 3rd grader. This was my child's first year at Clancy. I will not be sending my child there next year. I have never witnessed ever before in a school what I have seen this past school year. To sum it all up, what I saw was a principal who had no control over students or parents, teachers who wanted to kiss up to the principal, and office staff who could not run an office in the correct manner. Discipline was totally out of control at the school. Anything goes, basically. The office could not tell me anything helpful. Overall, my advice to any parent looking into Clancy, find another school for your child.

Posted January 12, 2005

Clancy Elementary School For The Arts
2100 Maine Avenue, Kenner, LA  70062
Last modified Clancy Elementary School For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clancy Elementary School For The Arts Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top